Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Mark Davies hands in transfer request...

You think Bolton wouldn't have put the extra 50k on? Its not as simple as that really.

I'm sure they probably would, but there's no problem in trying to go toe-to-toe with them. It may be a realistic mentality that we were never going to get him but it just seems a bit negative to bid low and eventually back out.

I suppose you're right, but there could have been no harm in trying. And 50k doesn't really mean anything as a figure, I'm just saying that if you outbid someone then the selling club are going to accept the highest bidder.
I'm sure they probably would, but there's no problem in trying to go toe-to-toe with them. It may be a realistic mentality that we were never going to get him but it just seems a bit negative to bid low and eventually back out.

He was only going to one place, end of. As soon as he knew of Prem interest, he put the transfer request in. If he'd been that desperate to move to us, he could have done it at any time.

Time to move on.

Archived