Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Mark Davies hands in transfer request...

When you put it like that, then it is pretty obvious.

But Bolton bench or the driving force of a promotion bid?

He could become a better player if he came to us.

Saying that, I fully expect him to go to Bolton, unfortunately.

He has gone to Bolton and it is an evens bet he will be playing in the same league as us next year

and withiut the guaranteed place we would have provided

He has gone to Bolton and it is an evens bet he will be playing in the same league as us next year

and withiut the guaranteed place we would have provided

But i bet hes getting a shed load more cash. And training with better players then ours.

Predictable response to JoeyB's comment:

'Surely Mandaric could have afforded £500k, what is he playing at?!' :rolleyes:

Thinking about Pearson's reaction I doubt Davies wanted to come here regardless of Mandy getting out his cheque book,good luck to the lad but I think he may live to regret his decision,even though Bolton are Prem now both Wolves and Leicester are potentially better clubs to be involved with IMO.

From the Merc.

Leicester City tried their best to secure midfielder Mark Davies as a full signing late last week but their bid could not compete with Premier League side Bolton.

I understand that City, showing their ambition despite the recently-announced £14 million record loss, made a substantial six-figure offer for Davies well in excess of the speculated £300,000.

The 20-year-old midfielder had become a fans' favourite at the Walkers Stadium while on loan from Wolves. But yesterday he signed for Bolton for an undisclosed fee on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

Thinking about Pearson's reaction I doubt Davies wanted to come here regardless of Mandy getting out his cheque book,good luck to the lad but I think he may live to regret his decision,even though Bolton are Prem now both Wolves and Leicester are potentially better clubs to be involved with IMO.

Thats the most rediculous comment ive seen for a long time. Wake up to real life please

Predictable response to JoeyB's comment:

'Surely Mandaric could have afforded £500k, what is he playing at?!' :rolleyes:

Well I don't know about anyone elses response but I share that view, especially after last night. Cleverley and King are nowhere near the quality of Davies. £500,000 is a fair chunk for a league one club to pay on one player, but if Mandaric has ambitions of the premier league then these are the type of deals we could do with wrapping up.

Well I don't know about anyone elses response but I share that view, especially after last night. Cleverley and King are nowhere near the quality of Davies. £500,000 is a fair chunk for a league one club to pay on one player, but if Mandaric has ambitions of the premier league then these are the type of deals we could do with wrapping up.

lol Are you kidding me?

Your telling me that if you got the option of:

20k* a week + prem football

or 7k* a week + league 1 football

you would choose league 1 football? You wouldn't so how would you expect Milan to wrap those types of deals up?

* not actual figues just rough guesses

lol Are you kidding me?

Not at all, Davies is a ball carrier, he makes things happen, he's positive and not afraid to run at defenders. King and Cleverley receive the ball and are always instantly looking to get rid of it. £500,000 in the inflated climate of the modern transfer market is not a steep price in my eyes.

Your telling me that if you got the option of:

20k* a week + prem football

or 7k* a week + league 1 football

you would choose league 1 football? You wouldn't so how would you expect Milan to wrap those types of deals up?

* not actual figues just rough guesses

He could have attempted to outbid them, therefore we would have been the only club Davies had permission to talk to.

Not at all, Davies is a ball carrier, he makes things happen, he's positive and not afraid to run at defenders. King and Cleverley receive the ball and are always instantly looking to get rid of it. £500,000 in the inflated climate of the modern transfer market is not a steep price in my eyes.

Oh my, nobody denies that. But he's not going to choose us over them!

I agree with you that he'd chose them every time, but at £500,000 I just think Mandaric could have stuck an extra £50,000 or so onto that to outbid Bolton so Davies had no choice.

You think Bolton wouldn't have put the extra 50k on? Its not as simple as that really.

I agree with you that he'd chose them every time, but at £500,000 I just think Mandaric could have stuck an extra £50,000 or so onto that to outbid Bolton so Davies had no choice.

Well he would still have a choice. He could reject us, knowing then they would have to accept the Wolves bid.

And what difference is 50k going to make lol

Well he would still have a choice. He could reject us, knowing then they would have to accept the Wolves bid.

And what difference is 50k going to make lol

I suppose you're right, but there could have been no harm in trying. And 50k doesn't really mean anything as a figure, I'm just saying that if you outbid someone then the selling club are going to accept the highest bidder.

Archived