Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Mark Davies hands in transfer request...

The player is out of contract in the summer and to hand in a transfer request shows his future will not be at Wolves. Leicester would be the wiser to spend money now for next year and this is a great chance to get the lad. He will get first team footie at a sucessful team to kick off his career here.

Have to pull out all the stops to try and get him, he would be an investment and presuming that he can overcome injury-proneness, will only increase in value over time.

I will be angry if we don't make an acceptable bid and at least give ourselves a chance.

Wolves official site confirm LCFC & BWFC bids

Boss Reveals Davies Bids

Posted on: Sat 24 Jan 2009

Mick McCarthy tonight revealed that Wolves have received bids from both Bolton and Leicester for Mark Davies - and that the midfielder has rejected a new contract and handed in a transfer request.

Article continues

Advertisement

Click here to find out more!

Mark, on loan at Leicester, didn't turn out for the Foxes against Huddersfield this afternoon as news emerged of the permanent bids.

The 20-year-old's contract runs out in the summer, and Wolves would still be entitled to compensation should he leave then because he is under 24.

But given the player's stated intention to leave, Mick revealed tonight that if any of the offers are considered suitable, he could depart before the closure of the transfer window.

"We've had bids from Leicester and Bolton for Mark," said Mick.

"We actually want to keep him and have offered him a new deal but he doesn't want to stay and has put a transfer request.

"So if there's a deal that can be done that is right it could happen.

"It's a real shame becomes he's come through our Academy and is a good player but hadn't played for almost two years due to injury.

"He eventually gets fit and goes out to Leicester and has done well and now wants to leave.

"It's kind of sad that he sees his future elsewhere but if the deal is correct then we'll do it.

"I don't know what has happened with the bids as I don't deal with that side of things but I imagine negotiations will be taking place."

You cant blame him for wanting Prem football if he ends up at bolton, probably higher wages as well, fair play to him. But from a footballing point of view, he would be playing regularly albeit it League 1, but im sure he can see it aswell that we wont be in this league much longer, so next season there will be the chance of regular championship football, can't see him gettin regular prem football TBH

Premiership or League One? Hmmm.

When you put it like that, then it is pretty obvious.

But Bolton bench or the driving force of a promotion bid?

He could become a better player if he came to us.

Saying that, I fully expect him to go to Bolton, unfortunately.

If he's handed in a transfer request because he wants a similar amount of game time for Bolton as he would have had for Wolves for the rest of the season (i.e. bit part player), line his pockets and possibly be in the Championship next season, that says a lot about his character.

If he's handed in a transfer request because he wants to be a crowd hero, play week in week out with a manager who has known him for years and gave him a chance to get his career back on track, and possibly be in the Championship next season, that says a lot about his character

Either way we'll now know in next 24/48 hours.

hopefully he knows he'll only rot away on the bench or in the reserves at Bolton

and i think he has a good impression of us, and knows he most probably

be playing championship football next season at leicester...

so, i wouldn'y completely rule it out

Premiership or League One? Hmmm.

Hopefully he'll see the light and not sign for those ****ers up North.

Hopefully it's not that clear cut in his mind. The fact he has been out for so long hopefully he just wants to play football. He'll get first team football here and reserve team football there... but, it is the premier and could easily fancy giving it a shot.

Leicester Pluses

It's close to his home, family and friends.

Regular first team football.

Knows the players and management.

Adored already.

Pearson gave him his chance to shine.

Bolton Pluses

More money.

Premier league.

Old Wolves youth coach is there.

From Pearson's Post match interview

He said: "It looks like Mark is going to Bolton Wanderers. I am not happy how it has happened because he would have played and he had been part of our preparations for the game. But we have dealt with it and coped with it and we move on."

Archived