Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Mark Davies hands in transfer request...

I wish people would stop posting absolute shit in this thread. Its distracting me from my revision. You bastards, I have an exam in the morning!!

Good Luck I have one also. I'm thinking if the stuff I've revised doesn't come up I'll write an essay on the advantages and disadvantages for Mark Davies joining Leicester and I can quote people on this site. Think the examiner may be so blown away he'll have to give me a first.

To be fair we have the biggest ground out of the 4 interested clubs, the best support and arguably the bigger of the clubs. His attitude means everything really, does he like playing or money.

im sorry look what league we are in,

we are not a big club, not anymore,

im sorry look what league we are in,

we are not a big club, not anymore,

Some of the teams may not be great names, but at least they try and play football, which is more than can be said of some championship teams.

It's been thoroughly entertaining to watch us and some of the outfits down here this season and the standard of football has been better.

Yes, we are a big club. We have a much greater potential for success than Wigan, Bolton or Fulham. They may have been in the Premiership for a number of seasons, but have achieved little. We, on the other hand, managed to be much more successful over a much shorter period of time. We also have a greater fan base.

i hate it when people don't understand the difference between a big/small club and a good/bad team. you can't call a team 'big' unless you're talking about how tall their players are. e.g. Newcastle = poor team (atm), big club; Wigan = good team (atm), small club.

at the end of the day tho any player will want to play at the highest level he can. and if that means playing in front of fewer people then so be it. i too agree that we are a 'bigger' club than quite a few in the premiership, and being in league 1 doesn't make us 'smaller' in the conventional sense. but it does put us at a lower level of football and less appealing to players than clubs in higher divisions. even if they don't have as many fans. a move from league 1 to the premiership for davies may involve moving to a smaller club playing at a higher level, but i for one don't have any problems with him trying to further his career. we have to accept that whilst we are in this league we aren't as attractive to players.

You cant see past your nose, if Bolton stay up this year then they will go down next, europe dont make a twat of yourself. Mark Davies is only 20 and if he had any confidence in his ability he would sign for us like tunchev and work his way up.

I dont blame him really for going for the money but dont make out bolton are such a great club just because there in the prem FOR NOW. Its a good chance we will be playing bolton next season anyway. Its all about money ambition has nothing to do with it.

Rich,

I hope you are well,

Is there some correlation between making a comment on a football forum and believing that you can behave in a way in which you would not do in the real world with concequences to your actions?

You have no idea who I am, do you? If I wanted to make a twat out of myself, I may have decided to come onto the forum tonight and not debate football matters concearning LCFC, but I would get on my Shire Horse, find a post which i did not agree with, make an offensive assumption to someone I don't know, because what are the concequences? I make a twat out of myself on a regular basis, mainly on purpose so people can have a humerous time whilst in my company. People on this forum can wholeheartedly agree with that! I have no problems giving my points of views on all subjects, especially LCFC related ones. If your bang out of order I will call you on it :thumbup:

The post which you have disagreed with was in jest, as people are acting as if Mark Davies has somehow made an unbelieveable decision, the decision however from a neutral point of view is completely understandable!

I have had a bit of a bad day today, but I don't believe that it justifies that I am needlessly rude to fellow Leicester fans because I disagree with something they have written that I don't agree with. Now i will not make assumptions about you! However in future be nice, and don't have more respect of peoples views and their right to air them! If you disagree say so, but leave out the offensiveness, we are not talking about something which is effecting your life to the point where picking arms is a consideration.

I look forward to your responce, hopefully you will have remembered the manners that you should have been brought up with, and refrain from being rude to folk who have never given you reason to be rude.

Regards

Tom

KilworthFox :angry:

I know, this threads getting tired now!

However, reading through most of the threads it seems that many posters sincerely believe that we should do all we can to sign Mark Davies.

The question is "Do we really need him"?

Ok it seems that premiership clubs have come along to sign him, whether he is good enough for the premiership I do not know, time will tell.

The progress we seem to be making at the moment bodes well for the future.

If we gain promotion, surely we will be in a much better position in the Summer to buy players who we know are perfectly capable of playing Championship football or maybe even Premiership.

At this time of year clubs tend to pay an inflated price for players compared to in the Summer.

We showed on Saturday against a very good team that we are more than capable of winning games at the moment. I hope this continues.

Davies must be abit thick though..Or just greedy.

We have one of the best chairmans, His worth is about 500M and has clearly stated he wants to invest...

Our youth team is coming along nicely and our first team is improving, Our Avg squad age is like 24..

Whereas..

Leicester have that Manderic bloke yes? The corrupt git.. - There manager is good but Leicester are not looking good, They heavily rely on Fryatt and as we saw last season..He cannot put the ball in the net in Championship.

Bolton - Megson..Says it all really, he is one of the worst managers for going forward, i think he can help bolton stay up but going forward? NO CHANCE, we will probably pass them in the prem and Davies will be gutted..

He can leave on all accounts, no better then we already have.

Taken from THE WOLF.

Taken from THE WOLF.

Please never take anything found on the Wolf as indicative of anything other than the typical brain dead football "fan".

I only signed up for this site to talk about Davies when you signed him. I sing his praises then and told you he would be brilliant and I think I've been proven right. I'm not totally gutted and ta bit sickend by this boy's attitude. He's been nurtured by Wolves and we have stood by him through two years of injury and constant rumours of his nightlife antics and he has repaid the club with a transfer request!!

I'm fairly certain he won't go to Leicester and to be honest after this affair I worry that he could follow the Pennant route of talent wasted by a poor attitude. I imagine one of the main reasons for his transfer request was a few words in his ear by Bolton assistant Chris Evans who was important in Davies's development through the academy at Wolves.

Anyways, good luck for the future. I hope we don't see you for a very long time! I don't have the same levels on animosity towards Leicester as most Wolves fans seem to so I hope you do get promoted and that you don't sell us Fryatt!!

Mick McCarthy was just on ssn. He confirmed that Bolton are the only club talking to Davies. There just waiting on personal details to be agreed and fees. Please stop saying he will sign for us. Mick also stated he spoke to Nigel on saturday night and was disappointed with he whole situation.

My! What big teeth he has.

Razor sharp too.

Please never take anything found on the Wolf as indicative of anything other than the typical brain dead football "fan".

I only signed up for this site to talk about Davies when you signed him. I sing his praises then and told you he would be brilliant and I think I've been proven right. I'm not totally gutted and ta bit sickend by this boy's attitude. He's been nurtured by Wolves and we have stood by him through two years of injury and constant rumours of his nightlife antics and he has repaid the club with a transfer request!!

I'm fairly certain he won't go to Leicester and to be honest after this affair I worry that he could follow the Pennant route of talent wasted by a poor attitude. I imagine one of the main reasons for his transfer request was a few words in his ear by Bolton assistant Chris Evans who was important in Davies's development through the academy at Wolves.

Anyways, good luck for the future. I hope we don't see you for a very long time! I don't have the same levels on animosity towards Leicester as most Wolves fans seem to so I hope you do get promoted and that you don't sell us Fryatt!!

I posted it purely for a giggle. I find him very knowledgeable.

Some of the posters on there have a valid point regarding Davies, I would be hacked off if a player done that to us.

I actually don't hate Wolves, I must admit there have been some unsavoury moments with a few Wolves fans in the past, especially when you drubbed us 4-1 in 2007 at the walkers, lets just say the small section of Wolves fans cheering in the home end didn't go down well.

:)

Archived