Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Dignity and respect.

Good vocal and yet non-abusive away fans really make a match. Hats off to Huddersfield fans then, though I wasn't there, could here them plenty on RL.

And the answer to Daggers question is an idea I've touted before.

If people wanna kick each others head in, let them. In a big pit. If people want to watch it, they have to stand in the pit with them. The gene pool will sort the rest out.

Couldn't agree more with your OP Daggers - too much negativity at football grounds these days - whether it be booing your team or insulting the opposing fans.

These days?! The filbo kop was hardly all PLUR mate. If 'negativity' is insulting opposing fans, then there's probably less of it in football now than there has been for a very long time imo.

From a Huddersfield Forum,

"Yeah Filbert Street had a much better atmosphere, when we lost 2-1 in 1998(?) they were ripping their own seats up in that bottom corner and throwing them at us.

All they have now is a fat guy with a massive drum and 50 little kids...."

What short memories we all have.

These days?! The filbo kop was hardly all PLUR mate. If 'negativity' is insulting opposing fans, then there's probably less of it in football now than there has been for a very long time imo.

From a Huddersfield Forum,

"Yeah Filbert Street had a much better atmosphere, when we lost 2-1 in 1998(?) they were ripping their own seats up in that bottom corner and throwing them at us.

All they have now is a fat guy with a massive drum and 50 little kids...."

What short memories we all have.

Didnt happen im afraid , and it was 96

Yeah I noticed there were a few people in the wrong seats after the goals. However, I don't think this situation was helped by the fact the Police tried to take it out on some of our fans about three rows down.

The club employ enough stewards to sort out fans and yesterday there were Police who were keen enough to stand and watch but not help out in what the FLA would consider a serious health and safety breech. :laugh:

Saying that, I do sympathise with how it probably ruined the end of the game.

If you can't understand that the actions of the idiots at the football are what have led to all fans being targeted by the police, standing areas being removed and the move to anti-atmosphere stadia you aren't as clever as I thought you were.

A football stadium is a public place and we shouldn't expect any worse behaviour than you would tolerate in the street, get the thugs out of football and we'll all enjoy it more.

If you can't understand that the actions of the idiots at the football are what have led to all fans being targeted by the police, standing areas being removed and the move to anti-atmosphere stadia you aren't as clever as I thought you were.

A football stadium is a public place and we shouldn't expect any worse behaviour than you would tolerate in the street, get the thugs out of football and we'll all enjoy it more.

Believe me, I know that that is the case, I wouldn't entertain many other theories.

Although perhaps calling the people that were goading the away fans thugs is a little harsh.

ay they did. but i can guarantee they wouldn't have done if they went 2-0 down early doors. that's what you get when you bring five times your average away support. anyway good match and wouldn't mind seeing them in the play-offs.

and that anarchy in the uk song was nicked from FCUM. they just changed 'mancunian' to 'yorkshireman' :yawn:

They still managed to do better than those who tried to start it at Palace. Singing about being Mancunian at a Leicester game is never going to help the song take off.

Believe me, I know that that is the case, I wouldn't entertain many other theories.

Although perhaps calling the people that were goading the away fans thugs is a little harsh.

No it isn't harsh, the guys by us we're card carrying moronic thugs, why they come to the football and don't watch a single minute of the play absolutely baffles me.

Thanks.

I hope you and your mates had a decent day out regardless of the abject tossholes we seem to attract on occaisions.

Come the final whistle I turned from applauding the pitch to applaud all of you next to us in the away end - you all deserved it. Despite needing a bit of help from us now and then ( :P ) you all came in numbers and sang well. Your team came to play footy and tried to get the three points by attacking.

Quite a lot of our support seems to have a problem being respectful to the opposition in League 1. Everyone who travels away from home (aside from Leedscum) in this division is deserving of respect, shit games against shit teams and yet still you all travel.

We had a couple of nomark, middle-aged balding ****heads storm into L1 today - waving, gesticulating and generally not watching any of the match at all. They started singing "Your support is ****ing shit!"...but it wasn't, you weren't. You were all a credit to your team unlike this pair of dicks I royally abused, who failed to have the cojones to turn around and justify their crapness.

"Oh, but it's all your fault for standing up - if you didn't do that they wouldn't appear" said the steward.

Bollocks to that, it's down to everyone in L1 - standing or siiting. Until some of the children in L1 learn that you have to have some fucking dignity and you don't just join in with the moronic crap that titheads like the aforementioned two trot out we'll continue to suffer from arseholitis.

Spot on Daggers, Was a great game and best i have seen down the walkers in a while.

No it isn't harsh, the guys by us we're card carrying moronic thugs, why they come to the football and don't watch a single minute of the play absolutely baffles me.

I guess we will agree to disagree then.

I guess we will agree to disagree then.

No, you are wrong. What you like to refer to as banter isn't and for this to be associated with supporting the club is a total joke.

The lads who were thrown out were warned 3 times by the police so don't really have any arguement.

kind of kicked off in the Kop SK 1 aswell although nothing major.

Group of men were standing about halfway up, about 15 loads of space around them and 1 bloke sat behind them was ranting because he was given that seat and wanted to sit in it to watch the game.

Ended up in a shouting match stewards came up, had a word left, the stewards who eject people walked down towards the bottom of the kop, then got called away.

No, you are wrong. What you like to refer to as banter isn't and for this to be associated with supporting the club is a total joke.

The lads who were thrown out were warned 3 times by the police so don't really have any arguement.

It depends on what you guys are calling banter! Banter is not making Violent actions towards other fans. Banter is humorious piss taking of a verbal nature and possibly making gestures which are not OTT. Throat slicing gestures are OTT! Flipping the bird is banter. The difference is the "i'm gonna kick your fookin ed in" mentallity which a simple giving of the finger does not give that aggressive attitude.

kind of kicked off in the Kop SK 1 aswell although nothing major.

Group of men were standing about halfway up, about 15 loads of space around them and 1 bloke sat behind them was ranting because he was given that seat and wanted to sit in it to watch the game.

Ended up in a shouting match stewards came up, had a word left, the stewards who eject people walked down towards the bottom of the kop, then got called away.

That is not kicking off!

It depends on what you guys are calling banter! Banter is not making Violent actions towards other fans. Banter is humorious piss taking of a verbal nature and possibly making gestures which are not OTT. Throat slicing gestures are OTT! Flipping the bird is banter. The difference is the "i'm gonna kick your fookin ed in" mentallity which a simple giving of the finger does not give that aggressive attitude.

You were there and the particular individuals were out of order, I'm not against a bit of piss taking etc but some people don't seem able to separate this from more serious levels of abuse and call it all banter, it isn't we all get treated like criminals, charged more money and forced to sit down because of this mentality.

Archived