Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Dignity and respect.

Yes pot n kettle comes to mind , slagging us off and then saying two city fans on to one hmmmmmmm. Anyway had a good day and enjoyed the game . Every club has its idiots and you had a few spotty oiks in your side making threatening gestures it works both ways .

Hope you get promoted as you deserve it .

TTID

Thanks.

I hope you and your mates had a decent day out regardless of the abject tossholes we seem to attract on occaisions.

Come the final whistle I turned from applauding the pitch to applaud all of you next to us in the away end - you all deserved it. Despite needing a bit of help from us now and then ( :P ) you all came in numbers and sang well. Your team came to play footy and tried to get the three points by attacking.

Quite a lot of our support seems to have a problem being respectful to the opposition in League 1. Everyone who travels away from home (aside from Leedscum) in this division is deserving of respect, shit games against shit teams and yet still you all travel.

We had a couple of nomark, middle-aged balding ****heads storm into L1 today - waving, gesticulating and generally not watching any of the match at all. They started singing "Your support is ****ing shit!"...but it wasn't, you weren't. You were all a credit to your team unlike this pair of dicks I royally abused, who failed to have the cojones to turn around and justify their crapness.

"Oh, but it's all your fault for standing up - if you didn't do that they wouldn't appear" said the steward.

Bollocks to that, it's down to everyone in L1 - standing or siiting. Until some of the children in L1 learn that you have to have some fucking dignity and you don't just join in with the moronic crap that titheads like the aforementioned two trot out we'll continue to suffer from arseholitis.

And if you are the two lads from two rows down from me in L1, screaming in people's faces on platform 3 tonight as I was going home - I'm having a word with you on Tuesday night. Be drunk, have fun, just don't be a pair of cunts.

How about it people? How about we start acting with a bit more fucking dignity and respect?

Thanks.

I hope you and your mates had a decent day out regardless of the abject tossholes we seem to attract on occaisions.

Come the final whistle I turned from applauding the pitch to applaud all of you next to us in the away end - you all deserved it. Despite needing a bit of help from us now and then ( :P ) you all came in numbers and sang well. Your team came to play footy and tried to get the three points by attacking.

Quite a lot of our support seems to have a problem being respectful to the opposition in League 1. Everyone who travels away from home (aside from Leedscum) in this division is deserving of respect, shit games against shit teams and yet still you all travel.

We had a couple of nomark, middle-aged balding ****heads storm into L1 today - waving, gesticulating and generally not watching any of the match at all. They started singing "Your support is ****ing shit!"...but it wasn't, you weren't. You were all a credit to your team unlike this pair of dicks I royally abused, who failed to have the cojones to turn around and justify their crapness.

"Oh, but it's all your fault for standing up - if you didn't do that they wouldn't appear" said the steward.

Bollocks to that, it's down to everyone in L1 - standing or siiting. Until some of the children in L1 learn that you have to have some fucking dignity and you don't just join in with the moronic crap that titheads like the aforementioned two trot out we'll continue to suffer from arseholitis.

And if you are the two lads from two rows down from me in L1, screaming in people's faces on platform 3 tonight as I was going home - I'm having a word with you on Tuesday night. Be drunk, have fun, just don't be a pair of cunts.

How about it people? How about we start acting with a bit more fucking dignity and respect?

They were good I agree.

Possibly the best fans at the Walkers so far this season, and perhaps played the best football at the Walkers this season (bar Leicester).

Loved the Sex Pistols song they were singing, can't remember what it was caled or the lyrics they were singing, but it was good. :)

Thanks.

ay they did. but i can guarantee they wouldn't have done if they went 2-0 down early doors. that's what you get when you bring five times your average away support. anyway good match and wouldn't mind seeing them in the play-offs.

and that anarchy in the uk song was nicked from FCUM. they just changed 'mancunian' to 'yorkshireman' :yawn:

Loved the Sex Pistols song they were singing, can't remember what it was caled or the lyrics they were singing, but it was good. :)

Loved that too! :D

**** off you tw@t! :thumbup:
"cry on the tele - we saw you cry on the tele!"

lol

Thanks.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I'd find it hard to disagree with any of that. I'm not at all a fan of the "Who are ya!" style of "support" that seems to prevail in the English game these days.

Huddersfield are too big for this division in my opinion anyway though. Like us, they are a massive club. :ph34r:

ay they did. but i can guarantee they wouldn't have done if they went 2-0 down early doors. that's what you get when you bring five times your average away support. anyway good match and wouldn't mind seeing them in the play-offs.

and that anarchy in the uk song was nicked from FCUM. they just changed 'mancunian' to 'yorkshireman' :yawn:

:thumbup:

good point. i don't - just sort of assumed. wouldn't surprise me tho...they must be some of the most committed fans in england. that song is genius.

You're probably right, United fans are brilliant at thinking up songs anyway so it wouldn't suprise me if FC United fans were even better.

Thanks.

couldnt agree more, well said. :thumbup:

Personally, I thought their vocal support were just alright, nothing to shout about though. They got an early goal and that set the tone for them.

Anyway, with 3,200 fans backing them I would be extremely disappointed if their support wasn't good.

Personally, I thought their vocal support were just alright, nothing to shout about though. They got an early goal and that set the tone for them.

Anyway, with 3,200 fans backing them I would be extremely disappointed if their support wasn't good.

I agree, they are not on the level of a Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday when it comes to bringing away suport and making full use of their voices for 90 minutes. They have stole their song from FC United but we and other clubs steel songs so let it be.

The point about nobber fans is accurate. The only thing about the 2 you mention is that they are much older & bigger and don't know when to fook off & shut up. There are apprentice nobbers in L1 but these guys seem to be old skool guys who would have been 20 odd in the early 80's!

I enjoy the banter, but when it comes to constently gesturing and abusing people who in the majority have just come to watch their team is not what it is all about IMO.

I've no problem with people goading the away fans. When I moved into L1 I knew exactly the type of person that I was going to get. It adds to the day for me, if I want to watch the game, I can. Easy.

I've no problem with people goading the away fans. When I moved into L1 I knew exactly the type of person that I was going to get. It adds to the day for me, if I want to watch the game, I can. Easy.

Banter is one thing, but constantly trying to stare out the opposition, offering kids out who are half your age, and making throat slitting gestures is, perhaps, a little unnecessary. Especially when you are so busy concentrating on that, you have to be told that the game has ended.

Then we wonder why we are all treated like shit.

I agree with this point, giving some to the away fans (as long as it doesn't get physical) is part and parcel of the game and always has been... and this is how we created an atmosphere at filbert street which we can't seem to replicate at the Walkers

(can we also bring back a few of the old songs about players, the team etc., instead of singing about what fookin seat we are in!!!)

Banter is one thing, but constantly trying to stare out the opposition, offering kids out who are half your age, and making throat slitting gestures is, perhaps, a little unnecessary. Especially when you are so busy concentrating on that, you have to be told that the game has ended.

Then we wonder why we are all treated like shit.

I saw the same gestures from Huddersfield fans as well throughout the game.

That is not the sole reason we are treated like shit, we are treated like shit because it's so easy for them to do it. I was reading Police forums the other day and they were going ape that they weren't allowed to use the same tactics on football fans as opposed to the protesters. Football fans are a different breed and an easy target. It's not simply because of people goading the away fans, however out of place it might be.

Of course throat slitting gestures are out of order, but I'm pretty sure it's not just in L1 that it happens.

I saw the same gestures from Huddersfield fans as well throughout the game.

That is not the sole reason we are treated like shit, we are treated like shit because it's so easy for them to do it. I was reading Police forums the other day and they were going ape that they weren't allowed to use the same tactics on football fans as opposed to the protesters. Football fans are a different breed and an easy target. It's not simply because of people goading the away fans, however out of place it might be.

Of course throat slitting gestures are out of order, but I'm pretty sure it's not just in L1 that it happens.

Nobody has ever suggested it was one way; I was referring to the cocks who appeared out of nowhere, forcing me to move seats because it was obviously more important they got some kind of satisfaction out of threatening people, as an example.

Whilst there are tossers like this going to the game, the police will always have the excuse that all football fans need to be treated "like animals" (quote courtesy of Sgt #75).

Nobody has ever suggested it was one way; I was referring to the cocks who appeared out of nowhere, forcing me to move seats because it was obviously more important they got some kind of satisfaction out of threatening people, as an example.

Whilst there are tossers like this going to the game, the police will always have the excuse that all football fans need to be treated "like animals" (quote courtesy of Sgt #75).

Yeah I noticed there were a few people in the wrong seats after the goals. However, I don't think this situation was helped by the fact the Police tried to take it out on some of our fans about three rows down.

The club employ enough stewards to sort out fans and yesterday there were Police who were keen enough to stand and watch but not help out in what the FLA would consider a serious health and safety breech. :laugh:

Saying that, I do sympathise with how it probably ruined the end of the game.

Archived