Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Dean Windass & Oldham

I am so glad I was there today.

That will go down as one of those games when you just had to be there.

Windass and the banter with the Kop was fantastic as were his comical attempts to save the ball :crylaugh:

I don't care about the result. The second half wins the award for most comical 40 minutes.

Fantastic! Why can't all goaless draws be like that!!

Agreed. Memories of Windass walking back towards the Kop for goalkicks with a grin on his face like an overgrown schoolboy who's just found the key to the tuck shop will warm the cockles long after frustrations at 2 lost points have faded. He was loving it!

Agreed. Memories of Windass walking back towards the Kop for goalkicks with a grin on his face like an overgrown schoolboy who's just found the key to the tuck shop will warm the cockles long after frustrations at 2 lost points have faded. He was loving it!

Full credit to Windass for his stint in goal, but what a character he is, you can't help but like the bloke. IMO the best player on the field was Lee Hughes, forget about the crime he committed, he's a very useful player & would be bril in our side.

What do people think to their no. 18? The guy on the right wing. He took a couple of ridiculous dives in the box, but he looks a useful player to me. We could do with him. I thought he was their best outfield player by a mile.

Apart from the fact he was a tosser and looked like he was about to cry when the ref didn't fall for one of dives. It was embarrasing to watch and I could do without him at our club...

Right wing is a weakness though....

Apart from the fact he was a tosser and looked like he was about to cry when the ref didn't fall for one of dives. It was embarrasing to watch and I could do without him at our club...

Right wing is a weakness though....

Looked like?? :giggle: He was practically balling his eyes out lol

I thought we looked tired on Saturday after our run of Sat/midweek matches, credit to Oldham who looked alot fresher than our boys certainly did.

I think their game plan worked a treat in the first half and for sustained periods we were chasing shadows as they moved it about with some good one/two touch stuff.

If we're ever in need for a new gaffer, I wouldn't mind somebody like John Sheridan, he likes his team to get it down and play.

As for Windass, he was class and its a shame these sort of characters are a dying breed in the game.

Thats enough praise for our opponents.

A point for us wasn't a bad result, its just that with the events of the 2nd half it seems like 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained.

We have take 17 points from 21 in 2009, in that period MK Dons have taken just 8 points out 18, so even if they win their game in hand we still have a 6pt gain on nearest rivals over a period of matches.

We have 4 more points than runaway league one winners Swansea had after 30 matches last season

Out of our last 16 games we may only need 5 wins & 4 draws which would give us 87 points and I feel that would be good enough for promotion.

We're well into the 7th month of the season with 2 months to go after Feb and many teams in the chasing pack havent played 2/3's of their games.

In the run-in I feel we have 2 major advantages over chasing pack

1: We have the points in the bag, ask anybody with an ounce of football knowledge, would rather have the points than games in hand.

2: We have the probably biggest squad in the division, so as we enter the silly season in terms of number of games we're in better position to cope with injuries and suspensions.

Finally; if we can take any comfort out of the game on Saturday, by avoiding defeat we have effectively ruled out any chance they have of catching us!

1: We have the points in the bag, ask anybody with an ounce of football knowledge, would rather have the points than games in hand.

2: We have the probably biggest squad in the division, so as we enter the silly season in terms of number of games we're in better position to cope with injuries and suspensions.

Finally; if we can take any comfort out of the game on Saturday, by avoiding defeat we have effectively ruled out any chance they have of catching us!

squad size means feck all as Pearson doesn't use the squad just the same 12-14 players each week

I think I would use the same 12-14 players that has got the club 43 points out of the last 51 available.

I was making a point that our resources at the football club are better than most in this division.

Archived