Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Dean Windass & Oldham

Saw that on SSN. Fair play to Windass. And fair play to Oldham as well.

Even with 10 men they played good stuff and could have gone home with 3 points if it wasn't for some good saves from Martin. Sheridan was spot on with his tactics today.

And shout out to the Oldham fans all in good voice.

Another Oldham fan here:

Interview with Windass:

Skip to 1:15, says he enjoys the stick and banter he gets from away fans.

Such a character, it's good to hear an interview like that instead of the usual clichés you get from most footballers.

if you play like that against us you might not be so lucky, was extremely surprised with the long play and just general disinterest from your players

oldham obviously wanted it more and could easily of won it, even with 10 men but overall probably the best result for us tonight, leaves oldham further back having not claimed all three and given that shimmer of hope that we could catch you.

just also adding, our backs are extremely good in the air ;)

This appears to be the only thread so far unpopulated by ignorant twats and cuntmongers:

Oldham came with a gameplan and played it brilliantly, well done to them. Their fans were in good voice and the team swapped from 4-4-1 in defence to and effective 3-4-2 on the break. They closed us down at every opportunity and the rousing celebrations at the end by both fans and team demonstrated how they hard they'd fought and how much they believed this to be a fantastic point one - a tremendous credit to the respect they held us in.

I thought we played acceptably in the face of this, we weren't given a huge opportunity. The only downside, again, is Dickov - his presence is really starting to take the piss.

We've had a few disagreements recently about the team but I couldn't agree more with this. It was a real shame we couldn't manage to be a bit more creative but Sky Sports News showed some highlights and we still had lots of chances, just one of those games. Oldham fought like lions to close us down and they deserve more credit than they're getting from some cretins on here.

if you play like that against us you might not be so lucky, was extremely surprised with the long play and just general disinterest from your players

oldham obviously wanted it more and could easily of won it, even with 10 men but overall probably the best result for us tonight, leaves oldham further back having not claimed all three and given that shimmer of hope that we could catch you.

just also adding, our backs are extremely good in the air ;)

I know football is a bit new to you MK folk but they're called defenders.

I really enjoyed this match.We hit the woodwork twice and had numerous other chances to win the game and those goalmouth scrambles were like nothing ive ever seen before.

Oldham were exellent,even went for it with 10 men and fair play to em.They looked the more likely to score toward the last 15 mins as they were very sharp on the break,Hughes was impressive although i dont think he deserves to be earning the lifestyle he currently has(i could just think of the victims family when i seen him on the ball).

My only other gripe is the stupid cow behind me(at the back of the **** kop!!) who kept tugging my shirt to tell me to sit down,what a **** joke its getting,i explained to her that its people like her who are ruining the atmosphere to which she replied,"well i'll get you kicked out!!",and she turned very agressive.All this while the sending of and the penalty was going on.I'm a 34 year old man with a wife and kid,i dont look a hooligan,i dont dress like a chav but i do like to stand up and urge my team on,especially when we have a peno and there goalie gets sent off!I dont need to be told to sit down like a good boy.If you cant see then get off your arse and stand up!Thanks to the lads around me who also had a say to her.

Oldham were good up until their final delivery, definitely deserved a point if not all 3, and were prevented the opportunity by a home refereeing decision. Lee Hughes played really well imo, lead the line excellently. As for Dean Windass, why on earth did we not cross balls right under his nose and pepper shots at him, were our players completely oblivious to the fact that he's a fat 39yr old striker. :dunno:

As for Dean Windass, why on earth did we not cross balls right under his nose and pepper shots at him, were our players completely oblivious to the fact that he's a fat 39yr old striker. :dunno:

Yes, obviously so.

King, Oakley, Cleverley, Dyer, Mattock.... should have been hitting them from anywhere, he would have most likely spilled them & Howard & Fryatt could have had numerous tap ins.

What do people think to their no. 18? The guy on the right wing. He took a couple of ridiculous dives in the box, but he looks a useful player to me. We could do with him. I thought he was their best outfield player by a mile.

Was that Taylor?If so he looked pretty good,combined well with Hughes.

I really enjoyed this match.We hit the woodwork twice and had numerous other chances to win the game and those goalmouth scrambles were like nothing ive ever seen before.

Oldham were exellent,even went for it with 10 men and fair play to em.They looked the more likely to score toward the last 15 mins as they were very sharp on the break,Hughes was impressive although i dont think he deserves to be earning the lifestyle he currently has(i could just think of the victims family when i seen him on the ball).

My only other gripe is the stupid cow behind me(at the back of the **** kop!!) who kept tugging my shirt to tell me to sit down,what a **** joke its getting,i explained to her that its people like her who are ruining the atmosphere to which she replied,"well i'll get you kicked out!!",and she turned very agressive.All this while the sending of and the penalty was going on.I'm a 34 year old man with a wife and kid,i dont look a hooligan,i dont dress like a chav but i do like to stand up and urge my team on,especially when we have a peno and there goalie gets sent off!I dont need to be told to sit down like a good boy.If you cant see then get off your arse and stand up! Thanks to the lads around me who also had a say to her.

just think of the horrific injuries she could have sustained by standing up for more than a minute. more often than not people who refuse to even get out of their seat for the whole 90 mins are so fat their shins would probably collapse.

'i'll get you chucked out'. what a complete bitch.

just think of the horrific injuries she could have sustained by standing up for more than a minute. more often than not people who refuse to even get out of their seat for the whole 90 mins are so fat their shins would probably collapse.

'i'll get you chucked out'. what a complete bitch.

People like her really do piss me off royally.

Anyway, like other have said Oldham wanted the point more than us and were definitely worth of their well earned point.

We've had a few disagreements recently about the team but I couldn't agree more with this. It was a real shame we couldn't manage to be a bit more creative but Sky Sports News showed some highlights and we still had lots of chances, just one of those games. Oldham fought like lions to close us down and they deserve more credit than they're getting from some cretins on here.

I know football is a bit new to you MK folk but they're called defenders.

been watching the ole egg roling a bit too much >_<

Really? :blink::o

I liked the Hudders fans

Most of them sat in silence until they started to attack us a bit. Overall Oldham made consistent noise and considering it was on Sky, bought good numbers.

The "Leicester are MASSIVe and should hammer any team 5-0" Brigade wont understand this but now and again you have to give credit to the other team.

I personally thought Oldham played some really good football.

Hughes and the floppy haired diver bloke and the No 24 who looked like a BNP Skinhead played really well.

The Oldham fans were in good vvoice throughout and overall it was a decent game.

I thought City actually played well at times too.

ALOT of credit to Dean Windarse,the fat bastard!!!

City fans REALLY know how to let themselves down.

To Boo a team so far ahead in the League on National Telly is aa disgrace.

If and When we get promoted im sure they will be the inbreds trying to run onto the pitch to kiss the players arses.

Really found it embarrassing for some of our fans.

You should be ashamed.

Credit to Oldham :appl:

And Credit for City for atleast creating some chances(Oh even tough we should have beat a 10 man play off team 6-0!!) :appl:

Oh and dimwits just remember- Billionaires Chelsea drew to Hull at home and Spurs didnt beat a 10 man Arsenal who are hardly in form themselves!

Bye for now...Inbreds!!! :scarf:

Archived