Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Dean Windass & Oldham

Windass is a bit of a hero tbf.

In the two encounters we've had with Oldham this season, i've liked their fans.

Their fans that scattered to one bit of the away end sort of like a singing section was awesome. Non stop singing, fair play to them.

We didn't test Windass enough. He spilled the free kick, flapped at every cross that came over him but we didn't shoot or cross the ball often enough. I'm sure that's one of the easiest games he'll ever have,

We didn't test Windass enough. He spilled the free kick, flapped at every cross that came over him but we didn't shoot or cross the ball often enough. I'm sure that's one of the easiest games he'll ever have,

I think our young team and it's inexperience had a lot to do with it. I don't think we played the right way, mostly long or diagonal balls. Their centre backs were good in the air I thought, so we should have passed it and made them chase. Having said that we didn't seem capable of stringing 3 passes together all game, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

This appears to be the only thread so far unpopulated by ignorant twats and cuntmongers:

Oldham came with a gameplan and played it brilliantly, well done to them. Their fans were in good voice and the team swapped from 4-4-1 in defence to and effective 3-4-2 on the break. They closed us down at every opportunity and the rousing celebrations at the end by both fans and team demonstrated how they hard they'd fought and how much they believed this to be a fantastic point one - a tremendous credit to the respect they held us in.

I thought we played acceptably in the face of this, we weren't given a huge opportunity. The only downside, again, is Dickov - his presence is really starting to take the piss.

This appears to be the only thread so far unpopulated by ignorant twats and cuntmongers:

Oldham came with a gameplan and played it brilliantly, well done to them. Their fans were in good voice and the team swapped from 4-4-1 in defence to and effective 3-4-2 on the break. They closed us down at every opportunity and the rousing celebrations at the end by both fans and team demonstrated how they hard they'd fought and how much they believed this to be a fantastic point one - a tremendous credit to the respect they held us in.

I thought we played acceptably in the face of this, we weren't given a huge opportunity. The only downside, again, is Dickov - his presence is really starting to take the piss.

Spot on Daggers. Sheridan looks a superb tactician. I though his decision to order Smalley to support Hughes was very effective. The more I think of it, the more I consider maybe we were just second best and the penalty has kinda put some unjustified feeling of us deserving of the win on it.

Very disappointed in King and Oakley considering their exploits on Tuesday night.

I am so glad I was there today.

That will go down as one of those games when you just had to be there.

Windass and the banter with the Kop was fantastic as were his comical attempts to save the ball :crylaugh:

I don't care about the result. The second half wins the award for most comical 40 minutes.

Fantastic! Why can't all goaless draws be like that!!

They played the better football, we created the best chances but didn't take them, I wasn't too impressed by the sportsmanship which was disappointing considering who their manager is.

Oldham fan here :whistle:

Well I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed todays match (watched it on Sky)

Have to agree Oldham really battled hard against the best team in the division and came out with some credit

Windass was a hero

All the best to the Leicester,sure you'll soon be back where you belong in the next couple of seasons :thumbup:

Archived