Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Come on in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A47333405

Been browsing on 606 and came across this. Daggers's complaints have been noticed elsewhere.

''Surely they'd agree the 'chavs' which apparently plague the stadium are better off directing their 'anger' at away fans instead of at old grannies on street corners of a Saturday afternoon?''

Simply laughable argument. Why the need for anger? Can't they address those sort of problems somewhere else, like a clinic?

Most of the replies on there completely missed the point that 'Come on in' is a pathetic chant.

I can't see anyone on here that has said that light-hearted banter/chanting to the away fans is wrong; unless its inciteful, xenophobic or homophobic.

By the way, I've never sat in L1, so don't feel qualified to address the surging towards the away fans incidents.

I did that, and worse.

I was a total idiot - it's what qualifies me to lambast the ones doing it. As I said, just because I did something wrong doesn't mean it's alright for others to do it, this isn't about equal opportunities to be a retard. Time moved on and I realised what a cunt I was. I'm not proud of anything I ever did and I still fail to see how me or you having done something justifies young kids doing it now.

This isn't the 70's or 80's - time has moved on, society has progressed. The comments I made about racism at grounds was flippant, but relevant nonetheless. It was acceptable to make monkey noises once upon a time, it is still (barely) accepted to make homophobic comments at supporters and players...but this will soon become totally unacceptable. Violence was de rigeur at matches but is rarely seen inside a stadium anymore - and the chanting has to go the same way. Whether or not it once enjoyed tolerance from other supporters, it doesn't anymore.

I tell you what else we never see much of in our terrace substitute anymore - humour. Why's no one demanding more funny chants ripping the piss out of the away fans? Why does no one bother to get one going?

Or maybe it's just growing up.

In 40 years time these 'chavs' will probably be on here complaining about teenagers and saying that although they may have charged across L1 and called some away fans rent boys in their day, it doesn't make it alright for young lads nowadays to do it because times have changed and with experience and hindsight they can see such actions were stupid.

Or maybe it's just growing up.

In 40 years time these 'chavs' will probably be on here complaining about teenagers and saying that although they may have charged across L1 and called some away fans rent boys in their day, it doesn't make it alright for young lads nowadays to do it because times have changed and with experience and hindsight they can see such actions were stupid.

In 40 years time football will be dead.

In L1 you have to accept what happens if you enjoy the atmosphere created. If you don't accept then then L1 is not the place for you. If you like atmosphere and singing and standing then I believe a few bell end chants or surges is the price you have to pay for the privalige of standing with these people who sing some songs which we don't like.

They are baiting chants, nothing wrong with that unless it spills over, which IMO those who chant would run if the away fans came over the barrier.

They are baiting chants, nothing wrong with that unless it spills over, which IMO those who chant would run if the away fans came over the barrier.

And there lies the irony in such chanting.

The chants we had in the 90's were much better than nowadays. I don't know about the 80's cos I only started going in '90. I hardly ever hear some of the classics now, we gotta get em going again. It seems now we only sing the same 5 or so songs over and over. My all time favourite (which we obviously still do now) is the very basic : Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester and so on. I can remember chanting that for a full half of football at filbo.

We're the pride of the midlands....

The chants we had in the 90's were much better than nowadays. I don't know about the 80's cos I only started going in '90. I hardly ever hear some of the classics now, we gotta get em going again. It seems now we only sing the same 5 or so songs over and over. My all time favourite (which we obviously still do now) is the very basic : Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester and so on. I can remember chanting that for a full half of football at filbo.

We're the pride of the midlands....

:w00t:

Well done K-block kids.

First, you run into L-block because we win a penalty and then you chant the most limp-wristed rant it is possible to muster...and fail to sing anything else in support of the team from that moment on.

Come on in? Fuck off you little twats - every single motherfucking one of you would run a bastard mile had anyone so much as looked at you in a malicious fashion.

Grow the fuck up dickwads. Grow the fuck up and start getting behind the team instead.

Wankers, the lot of you.

fooking ACE M8-WELL SAID!!!!!!

Why are kids allowed in there anyway? Can't L be made 18+?

The whole idea of having L as STs only is to prevent flashpoints and be able to pick out offenders if it happens. The OB should be throwing the pricks back into their seats if they're moving that far away from their own bit of the ground.

The whole argument about better they do it in the ground than be beating up grannies on a Saturday afternoon is nonsense anyway. They shouldn't be doing either thing let alone having the option.

Maybe the best way to resolve the whole 'come on in' thing is to let the next away firm actually come on in. I'd pay the admission fee just to see which of the Henri Lloyd Junior Jackets made it back across the fence first.

Why are kids allowed in there anyway? Can't L be made 18+?

The whole idea of having L as STs only is to prevent flashpoints and be able to pick out offenders if it happens. The OB should be throwing the pricks back into their seats if they're moving that far away from their own bit of the ground.

if the OB did try that it would really kick off, the police attitudes to football fans in general cause enough hostility as it is

My understanding is that having L1 ST only was because people were buying match tickets in the lower part, then migrating to the top of the stand when they actually got in the ground, and the situation is supposed to be easier to manage without match tickets being sold.

Archived