Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Come on in!

Well done K-block kids.

First, you run into L-block because we win a penalty and then you chant the most limp-wristed rant it is possible to muster...and fail to sing anything else in support of the team from that moment on.

Come on in? Fuck off you little twats - every single motherfucking one of you would run a bastard mile had anyone so much as looked at you in a malicious fashion.

Grow the fuck up dickwads. Grow the fuck up and start getting behind the team instead.

Wankers, the lot of you.

Amazingly - I never saw one single person outside the ground giving it the big 'I am'.

Plenty flicking V's on the way down through the stand but not a single boy amongst them had any bollocks outside...or enough bollocks to have a go at me for shouting at them.

Dumb pussy-fucks to a child.

Ha.

Lad on the same row as me was acting all hard with his gestures etc...

So I said, don't stand here giving it the big 'un, you'll run a fucking mile when you get outside!

He left & never returned.

my entire row practically emptied with people rushing over when he was sent off, I'm in L1, didn't see any ducking under the barrier

The twat who was trying to shove me out of the way again was given short shrift this time. He fecked off a few rows down, and spent the rest of the game gesturing at the away fans, or so it seemed. This rectard isn't a "kid" either.

The next time he tries taking my space again, I am going to suggest he gets a ticket in the away end, if he's that bothered about offering them out.

We had the wankers on the bus, giving it all the gestures to Oldham fans from the top deck, then deciding racial abuse of innocent people was the next "fun" thing to do, before swiftly running off when someone threatened to get the Police.

I am proud of you all, you set a great example :rolleyes::angry:

'Come on in' is generally sang by nonces who generally rely on the protection of the police and segregation (and in this case L1) in knowing that nothing will come of it.

We had a long debate after the Huddersfield game about 'northern monkeys' and 'Yorkshiremen's way', when some of ours got kicked in. I'm sure if the whole world's police wasn't at the game, some of the Oldham lot would have gladly taken up their offer and had a little venture at us.

Next time anyone starts singing 'Come on in', someone crack 'em in the jaw.

Come on in really pisses me off. As did Ched yesterday saying "Don't you hope Windass saves this?" lol.

I'm getting annoyed as well with how many people are coming over that don't have tickets for L1. For the penalty i stood at the back of the stairs because I knew a load of dicks would charge over, and why do people have to stand on the chairs?

Have to say that I think you are being a little harsh on some of the comments being made. 'Come on in' is a song that has been sung for years by youths who would be scared stiff if the opposition fans did what they were being invited to do. Used to be sung all the time in pens 1 and 2 at Filbert Street but I can't see how it is so bad?

Regarding surges across the L1 aisle after a goal, it seems to happen at all stadiums these days where standing fans congregate next to the away fans. At Filbert Street, even when the kop had been seated, fans in the corner would surge forward often falling down the seats in an effort to goad the away fans after a goal. Seem to remember the surges during the 3-3 draw with Arsenal caused massive bruising to shins and legs but as a teenager at the time the adrenelin rush it used to give was something else. Can we not let the kids have their fun and surge about a bit and offer the away fans in without condemning them all? Maybe its just because I used to be the same and can understand the fun it is at that age?

Can we not let the kids have their fun and surge about a bit and offer the away fans in without condemning them all?

Why not. Let's get some good chanting about coloured players going as well and maybe lob some bananas on the pitch - that was always a right good laugh in the olden days too. It'd certainly detract from the homophobic crap people still come out with despite this being the 21st century.

Just because you did something stupid when younger doesn't mean it's acceptable for others to repeat your mistakes. If they want adrenaline kicks then go bungy-jumping. This, being a football match, is no place for violence, implied or otherwise.

So - no, they can not 'have their fun and surge about a bit and offer the away fans in'. If anything, it is behaviour like that which prevents the movement towards having safe standing areas back in football grounds. As always, it is the actions of some moronic ****heads that ruin the enjoyment for everyone else.

Why not. Let's get some good chanting about coloured players going as well and maybe lob some bananas on the pitch - that was always a right good laugh in the olden days too. It'd certainly detract from the homophobic crap people still come out with despite this being the 21st century.

Just because you did something stupid when younger doesn't mean it's acceptable for others to repeat your mistakes. If they want adrenaline kicks then go bungy-jumping. This, being a football match, is no place for violence, implied or otherwise.

So - no, they can not 'have their fun and surge about a bit and offer the away fans in'. If anything, it is behaviour like that which prevents the movement towards having safe standing areas back in football grounds. As always, it is the actions of some moronic ****heads that ruin the enjoyment for everyone else.

I take it you'll not be signing my petition to change the ball back to a pig's bladder?

Have to say that I think you are being a little harsh on some of the comments being made. 'Come on in' is a song that has been sung for years by youths who would be scared stiff if the opposition fans did what they were being invited to do. Used to be sung all the time in pens 1 and 2 at Filbert Street but I can't see how it is so bad?

Regarding surges across the L1 aisle after a goal, it seems to happen at all stadiums these days where standing fans congregate next to the away fans. At Filbert Street, even when the kop had been seated, fans in the corner would surge forward often falling down the seats in an effort to goad the away fans after a goal. Seem to remember the surges during the 3-3 draw with Arsenal caused massive bruising to shins and legs but as a teenager at the time the adrenelin rush it used to give was something else. Can we not let the kids have their fun and surge about a bit and offer the away fans in without condemning them all? Maybe its just because I used to be the same and can understand the fun it is at that age?

I have to say. NO.

If they kept surging, and pushing you out of your seat every single week, then not go back to their seat, I'm sure you'd still say the same.

Don't most of the lads come back across the aisle after the goals? Seems to me that when everyone surges across after a goal, they soon come back again when play has restarted.

With regards to lads coming across from K block, the stewards seem to be doing their utmost to stop it happening by checking season tickets before the game and when coming back up from concourse after half time. My season ticket is almost at the fence which devides L and K block and I dont see too many K blockers trying to work their way across during the game unless there is an empty row.

Daggers, I wasnt saying that everything in the 'olden'days was great and much has definately changed for the better. I support the return for safe standing areas but dont think that surges in the seats have a negative impact on this movement. The amount of crush barriers required on modern day terraces would stop the massive surges of old surely?

Did you never chant at the away fans at Filbert Street in your younger days?

Don't most of the lads come back across the aisle after the goals? Seems to me that when everyone surges across after a goal, they soon come back again when play has restarted.

With regards to lads coming across from K block, the stewards seem to be doing their utmost to stop it happening by checking season tickets before the game and when coming back up from concourse after half time. My season ticket is almost at the fence which devides L and K block and I dont see too many K blockers trying to work their way across during the game unless there is an empty row.

Daggers, I wasnt saying that everything in the 'olden'days was great and much has definately changed for the better. I support the return for safe standing areas but dont think that surges in the seats have a negative impact on this movement. The amount of crush barriers required on modern day terraces would stop the massive surges of old surely?

No.

Regarding surges across the L1 aisle after a goal, it seems to happen at all stadiums these days where standing fans congregate next to the away fans. At Filbert Street, even when the kop had been seated, fans in the corner would surge forward often falling down the seats in an effort to goad the away fans after a goal.

First of all, we didn't get surges when we played Yeovil, or most other games. It only seems to happen when the opposition bring their "boys".

Secondly, the surges at Filbert St were most people running down the aisle to get to the front. Especially if scored at the Kop End. Perhaps a bit easier to get away with on a converted terrace, but not nice in an all-seater stadium, with higher steps.

I did that, and worse.

I was a total idiot - it's what qualifies me to lambast the ones doing it. As I said, just because I did something wrong doesn't mean it's alright for others to do it, this isn't about equal opportunities to be a retard. Time moved on and I realised what a cunt I was. I'm not proud of anything I ever did and I still fail to see how me or you having done something justifies young kids doing it now.

This isn't the 70's or 80's - time has moved on, society has progressed. The comments I made about racism at grounds was flippant, but relevant nonetheless. It was acceptable to make monkey noises once upon a time, it is still (barely) accepted to make homophobic comments at supporters and players...but this will soon become totally unacceptable. Violence was de rigeur at matches but is rarely seen inside a stadium anymore - and the chanting has to go the same way. Whether or not it once enjoyed tolerance from other supporters, it doesn't anymore.

I tell you what else we never see much of in our terrace substitute anymore - humour. Why's no one demanding more funny chants ripping the piss out of the away fans? Why does no one bother to get one going?

I did that, and worse.

I was a total idiot - it's what qualifies me to lambast the ones doing it. As I said, just because I did something wrong doesn't mean it's alright for others to do it, this isn't about equal opportunities to be a retard. Time moved on and I realised what a cunt I was. I'm not proud of anything I ever did and I still fail to see how me or you having done something justifies young kids doing it now.

This isn't the 70's or 80's - time has moved on, society has progressed. The comments I made about racism at grounds was flippant, but relevant nonetheless. It was acceptable to make monkey noises once upon a time, it is still (barely) accepted to make homophobic comments at supporters and players...but this will soon become totally unacceptable. Violence was de rigeur at matches but is rarely seen inside a stadium anymore - and the chanting has to go the same way. Whether or not it once enjoyed tolerance from other supporters, it doesn't anymore.

I tell you what else we never see much of in our terrace substitute anymore - humour. Why's no one demanding more funny chants ripping the piss out of the away fans? Why does no one bother to get one going?

Because "Who Are Ya!" evidently suffices. :rolleyes:

I did that, and worse.

I tried to get "In ya slums" going but very few people can be arsed now if the chant has more then about 5 different words ...

Archived