Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

L1 Team of the week

It's funny but a bit insulting to other goalkeepers, apart from one save off a King free kick and putting Fryatt off he really didn't do that much.

Perhaps it was for entertaining the Kop who I suspect wouldn't have been quite so amused and gushing in their praise for him if we'd have been desperate for the points.

It's always a pretty shit judgement anyway as we know from some of our players undeservedly getting included in the past.

It's funny but a bit insulting to other goalkeepers, apart from one save off a King free kick and putting Fryatt off he really didn't do that much.Perhaps it was for entertaining the Kop who I suspect wouldn't have been quite so amused and gushing in their praise for him if we'd have been desperate for the points.

It's always a pretty shit judgement anyway as we know from some of our players undeservedly getting included in the past.

Well he actually made a good save off Fryatt from 6 yards too.

It's funny but a bit insulting to other goalkeepers, apart from one save off a King free kick and putting Fryatt off he really didn't do that much.

Perhaps it was for entertaining the Kop who I suspect wouldn't have been quite so amused and gushing in their praise for him if we'd have been desperate for the points.

he blocked the follow up well, but the replay showed the freekick hit the post...

tho i agree, it's a bit patronising to goalies, as if to say: 'see, anybody can do it' - but i guess the spirit of the gesture is well meant.

My sentiments exactly, we didn't give him much to do at all whereas at the other end David Martin made two crucial saves for starters, never mind the other keepers in the league.

Makes a mockery of the "team of the week" to be honest! Similar to what DavieG said, its an insult to other keepers and he didn't have to do a great deal.

To be fair, only 5 other keepers played that day (haven't counted Oldham's original keeper because he got sent off). ANd they may not have made that much of a contribution in their match as much as Windass did in his.

Hopefully it is only a one-off though. I want to see Martin getting on that team of the week list!

Archived