Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hullfox

1997/98 Fixtures

I am mid discussion with a family member about us losing away to Grimsby in the League Cup during the 97/98 season but can't find conclusive proof of the date that this game was played. I am desperately hoping that I am not dreaming this took place so any nudges in the right direction would be gratefully received.

I am mid discussion with a family member about us losing away to Grimsby in the League Cup during the 97/98 season but can't find conclusive proof of the date that this game was played. I am desperately hoping that I am not dreaming this took place so any nudges in the right direction would be gratefully received.

We took a 1-0 lead through Marshall, and lost 3-1.

Walsh cracked his ribs trying to prevent their second goal. It was the first round we entered after winning the cup.

English League Cup - Round 3 - KO 19:45

Grimsby 3 (0) - 1(1) Leicester

Jobling 68 ------------------- Marshall 17

Livingstone 72

Livingstone 78

At Blundell Park on 14-10-1997

Grimsby: Davison ,Butterfield (Jobling ,35 ) ,Gallimore ,Handyside ,Rodger ,Widdrington ,Donovan ,Black (Livingstone ,45 ) ,Nogan ,Lester ,Groves

Subs not used: Woods,

Leicester: Keller ,Savage ,Guppy ,Watts (Wilson ,75 ) ,Elliott ,Walsh (McMahon ,79 ) ,Lennon ,Campbell ,Fenton ,Marshall ,Cottee

Subs not used Arphexad,

Bookings: Livingstone (Grimsby) Lennon (Leicester)

Attendance: 7738

Referee: M A Riley (W. Yorkshire)

I'm sure I was there and carried on up the motorway to scotland afterwards leaving Lisa to make her own way back home (I slept in the back of my car at the services before visiting a customer in a very scruffy state), can't remember the date though but Lisa will still have a ticket stub.

Didn't Keller come for a cross to punch and end up chinning a player, may have even been one of our own?

Didn't Keller come for a cross to punch and end up chinning a player, may have even been one of our own?

He did, and then the ball rolled towards the goal and Walshie, as Bert said, smashed into the post, so we had two players injured in the box and went 1-2 down.

I remember being absoloutely devastated about this game, wanted to go back to wembley again!

However Grimsby away on my birthday, Impey to Muzzy on his bike so made up for it.

I remember being absoloutely devastated about this game, wanted to go back to wembley again!

However Grimsby away on my birthday, Impey to Muzzy on his bike so made up for it.

On both occasions after we won the cup we went out at the first stage the next season. We lost 0-3 to Palace at home in 2000.

I'm sure I was there and carried on up the motorway to scotland afterwards leaving Lisa to make her own way back home (I slept in the back of my car at the services before visiting a customer in a very scruffy state), can't remember the date though but Lisa will still have a ticket stub.

You did, you did (you quite possibly did from what I remember), neither can I, but yes I do!!

I remember this, first game as holders wasn't it?

I was at Matlock and it came through. Unkeen.

o my goodness.

You've averaged over 25 posts a day every single day, in 955 days since you joined.

Bloody hell, how is that possible.

On days like Christmas when you may not be on and holidays you may not have been on at all.

25 posts a day for 955 days, incredible.

o my goodness.

You've averaged over 25 posts a day every single day, in 955 days since you joined.

Bloody hell, how is that possible.

On days like Christmas when you may not be on and holidays you may not have been on at all.

25 posts a day for 955 days, incredible.

There was also a 5 month period where I had no internet access :ermm:

Archived