Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Euro League Challenge [FM09.]

"UEFA Super League" & "UEFA Pro League"

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Two leagues, 38 of Europe's best teams.

What:

I've hijacked the Dutch league and slapped in two tiers of teams. The first is inspired by the current Champions League and is named the Super League (pardon the cheesey names, they were the least of my concerns) the second is named the Pro League and was meant to represent the-best-of-the-rest. There's one team from most of Europe's better footballing countries with the exception of Turkey that got a second team (because, to be fair, Fener probably should have gone in the Super League.)

I'm not a programming genius I'm just a bored nerd with the data editor, so there's obviously going to be a few minor annoyances. You'll still have to play in the Dutch Cup with some Dutch teams, I had to promote a bunch of teams from Lower Leagues to fill the missing gaps in existing leagues to make sure you can still run every league in the background should you wish.

I was unaware of Holland's exact rules regarding player signing and registration so I've made Russia, Croatia, Ukraine, Serbia and a couple of others members of the European Economic Community which cancels the need for work permits / "Fgn" status.

I've also set up FC Kobenhavn, Lech Poznan and Dinamo Zagreb's finances slightly for the challenge (see bottom) and made a few extra rivalries to spice things up a bit (German clubs will be rivals with the Polish and Dutch, English and Scots rivalries, Portugese and Spanish etc.)

How:

Unpack the whole archive (should result in a folder called LCFCFinners) into your "db" folder in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 09. If there is not a folder named "db" just make one in that directory, it should work.

When you go to start a new game, select "LCFCFinners" instead of Default, 9.1 or 9.3 (or any you've made up yourself, JoeyB =P) Obviously you'll need to make sure you have the Dutch top two leagues turned on.

Problems:

I've only tested it for about five minutes and didn't even get as far as the first friendly - so I don't know! If you encounter any let me know and I'll try and fix it (or tell you how to fix it yourself, probably quicker.

The only thing I've noticed is that, when you start a new game, the thing about Manager Shortlists takes an age. It will finish eventually, though.

For some reason the Editor wouldn't let me save a new database so I had to use an old one I'd already edited. That one had a lot of changes I've had to go back and undo, so if you find anything out of the ordinary I apologise it was from previous experiments (like I said before, I tried to set up an SPL-In-The-Premiership database amongst others.)

EDIT: Known error with the UEFA Cup (and presumably Champions League) in the first season. Seems to be impossible to be drawn after the group stages. DO NOT watch the group stage draw "live", seems to trigger a crash. Waiting for confirmation.

THE CHALLENGE:

(You're free to do with this database as you want, though I'm personally giving this challenge a go - it should be pretty hard.)

As the manager of [pick from] Dinamo Zagreb / Lech Poznan / FC Kobenhavn you have been formally invited by UEFA president Michel Platini to participate in the newly formed UEFA Pro League, "the future of modern football."

Widely believed to be just a space-filler to make up the fixtures, expectation is low in Europe with many rival fans believing your place should have gone to another Spanish or Italian club.

A consortium of local businessmen and wealthier fans have banded together to offer a one-time financial boost to the club, offering a one time sum of £20m in an attempt to carry the club to the UEFA Super League. The consortium are, however, focused on developing your country's national side and insist that you do the same.

You must maintain AT LEAST four home nationals (Danish, Croat or Polish, team depending) in your squad at any one time ALL of whom must play a minimum of 15 games (in all competitions) per season now and in the Super League, one must play 25.

You should win the Super League.

I'll download it rightaway :)

If you want I can also offer a mirror for the download? :dunno:

You're free to rehost / distribute it. The YouSendIt link will probably expire fairly soon.

If any graphics nerds fancy making some banners that'd also be neat. :thumbup:

what do you do with these things once youve downloaded them

Using either WinZIP or WinRar to unpack the file you put the containing folder (LCFCFinners) in your "db" folder in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009.

If you don't have a "db" folder you can make your own.

So this will just become another database option to choose from, and wont fook up my other databases?

Correct. The only way it can fook anything up is if you have an existing database called LCFCFinners that it'll overwrite.

I highly doubt this. :thumbup:

Hm, possible snag - a very minor one. When you're scouting players and it tells you whether or not they'd be Leading Star / Good / Decent for "most teams in the Pro League" I'm not sure whether it does this calculation based on the standard of the old second division.

Time will tell, I guess.

Using either WinZIP or WinRar to unpack the file you put the containing folder (LCFCFinners) in your "db" folder in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009.

If you don't have a "db" folder you can make your own.

sound mate :thumbup:

sori DB :( <_< haha

Archived