Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

New Releases

I think it should be renamed 'downloads are gay'.

Yeah, I remember those old HMVs. I also remember the one in the market place having ALL the Smiths CD singles in stock at one point, and me not buying them, which I've regretted ever since, being as they're worth £25-30 each now (not that I'd sell them)

I used to play football with the bloke who ran St Martins (His father in-law started it).

Had to fold it in the end as Our price were selling them cheaper than he could get them.

Told him he should get his stock from Our Price then :thumbup:

I used to play football with the bloke who ran St Martins (His father in-law started it).

Had to fold it in the end as Our price were selling them cheaper than he could get them.

Told him he should get his stock from Our Price then :thumbup:

It's a small world - is that Tony? I work with his wife.

Blimey, our price were never cheap. Things must have been bad

Wasn't that BPM? Think it moved from Granby Street

BPM - I was going to post that as on of the other independent record shops in Leicester.

I think it was in Malcom Arcade, but I think they moved in the same premises that Rockaboom vacated. Rockaboom were only there briefly - a year or two, max... though I'm wondering how many arcades there are off Cank St... Malcom and Silver, but the word Odeon is bugging me. As I say, ages since I've been in town!

Having now purchased and listened to the new Camera Obscura album this morning, I can confirm that it's really good.

Hurray for the Cameras

might go shopping then, not sure if i can stretch to that AND the super furries - maybe a trip to play.com...

might go shopping then, not sure if i can stretch to that AND the super furries - maybe a trip to play.com...

I might be doing SFA a terrible disservice, but I'm confident I'll be listening to the Camera Obscura album a lot more than theirs. I'm just a teensy bit bored of them now

I might be doing SFA a terrible disservice, but I'm confident I'll be listening to the Camera Obscura album a lot more than theirs. I'm just a teensy bit bored of them now

hmm, i can't say i've listened to their last two albums much - which is not to say they are bad, just a bit ordinary on the songwriting front....

speaking of Independent record shops I was in Nottingham the other day and Selectadisc have given up and closed down which is a real shame only a few years ago they used to have 3shops on the same street and now they don't have any.

It's a real shame that Independent record shops are a thing of the past these days.

speaking of Independent record shops I was in Nottingham the other day and Selectadisc have given up and closed down which is a real shame only a few years ago they used to have 3shops on the same street and now they don't have any.

It's a real shame that Independent record shops are a thing of the past these days.

anyone know if they still have the awesome one on berwick street in london?

Breaking news from someone who walked past it yesterday - supposedly it says it's going to re-open

have a look at Whatrecords.co.uk, and compaire the prices of the Bob Dylan together trough life lp

I see you point. I will look there before buying in the future but the recordstore do cheap singles bundles such as three formats (CDS and 2 x 7") for £3 or £4.

have a look at Whatrecords.co.uk, and compaire the prices of the Bob Dylan together trough life lp

It may well be nothing to do with them, but there used to be a record shop on Loseby Lane about opposite Rockaboom and I've been trying to remember the name of it for ages, and you've just reminded me that it was called What Records.

So err...ta

It may well be nothing to do with them, but there used to be a record shop on Loseby Lane about opposite Rockaboom and I've been trying to remember the name of it for ages, and you've just reminded me that it was called What Records.

So err...ta

I think it is based in warwickshire. Just the other side of Hinkley I think

• 3 weeks later...
Sonic Youth - The Eternal is very disappointing

i shall be onto this, right now - fell back in love with them after hearing 'reena' from 'rather ripped'

just received my 'summer love songs' beach boys compilation...

majestic of course, i only really bought it for the 'new stereo tracks' - but it's a great listen especially for people who just think of them as a cheesy surf band...

but not bad for 8 quid....

Archived