Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Summer Targets Thread, worth a dabble?

my suggestions for new goalkeeper is mark bosnich and richard wright. bosnich wants to get back into football and leicester were linked wih richard wright before we got stewart taylor

106495[/snapback]

Bosnich, no thanks, Wright maybe, but I haven't seen him play for a long time so don't know how good he is anymore...

theres some great players at quorn fc at this present time from the youth set up to the first team and i think local league clubs like leicester, derby and notts forest should deffo send their scouts down to have a look at them. the players i rate the most are youth team= tom fowkes, lewis allen, jay medcroft, matt langham and cameron keast first team= matt nurse, joe jonas, kris nurse, ricky nurse, and rhys tippet. does anyone have an interest in quorn and agree with me???

He also things he can offer something to the premier for one more season.

On BBC.co.uk he said something like

"I know their will be lots of championship clubs interested in me but I know I am confident in getting a contract with a prem club"

A bit big headed if you ask me at 33 and without a terrific season under his belt this term.

Too old and not really good enough !

i was manager of beaumont town under 18s a few seasons back and joe jonas was 1 of my players , i would love to see him get the chance to play at a much higher level and really belive he is a special talent . his skills are unbelivable and his pace is frightening . give him a trial craig !

I used to go to watch Quorn weekly when they had Darren Hennigan(sp?) upfront and Gavin Otterwell in midfield. I also used to see Varney play for them regularly and it's good to see where he is now. I think the senior team is totally different now with the exception of the pair of Nobles, Craig and Karl who was in the Leicester academy a few years back. I think the Nurse who plays in goal was on Leicester's books when O'Neill was in charge. I recognise some of the names of the people that play for the youth team like Langham because he goes to my school and he's either one or two years older than me.

yea nurse was at leicester when I was there. I think he is a year or two older than I am. Im sure he got released because of his size.

Excellent keeper though... Brilliant shot stopper.

As for Joe Jonus, I grew up playing with and against him for Leicester Boys and also when he played for Beaumont Town, when I was at Oadby and Seaton and the lad is awesome. Think he scored 6 by me in my final game in the youth leagues.

Look at it how you like, he's good or im crapv :thumbup:

Thornton shocked at exit

Sean Thornton is shocked as Sunderland's decision to make him available for transfer.

The Irish Under-21 international was placed on the transfer list earlier this week, but Thornton's representative Lee Payne admits his client was mystified by The Black Cats' decision.

"Sean had been told three weeks ago by Mick McCarthy that he was part of his plans," Payne told skysports.com.

"We all knew that Sunderland were going up at that point, so for the decision to be made like it has been is strange.

"Sean was obviously hoping to stay, but we will now look at his options and we don't anticipate any shortage of offers for a player of his capabilities."

Thomas Myhre hopes to pledge his future to the club in the near future.

"We will see what happens over the summer now but at least I can look back on a great season with Sunderland, whatever happens," he said.

"I will sit down with the gaffer in a few weeks and discuss things. I hope to stay, but you never know what is going to happen in football."

Meanwhile, Sunderland have been linked with a move for Leeds United's Frazer Richardson.

The versatile defender is reportedly amongst Mick McCarthy's list of possible targets and he is ready to test Leeds' resolve in the next few weeks

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...el=Championship

how about making a move for him ?

Andy White

Target man White is now a free agent and should get fixed up with a new club within the next fortnight after being informed of Dario Gradi's decision.

"Dario told him he won't be offering him another contract," agent Clive Hart revealed to skysports.com.

"He's got four goals in nine starts this year, which is a very creditable return in The Championship.

"There's been no shortage of interest from League One and League Two and I'll be speaking to people over the next week so I expect him to be signing somewhere in the next 10 days at the most.

"I think Dario's been very good about it and played quite fairly to Andy."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...el=Championship

How about making a move for him he seems like he has potential to develop into a goalscorer at this level

John Oster, released from Burnley, very talented. Only problem is his attitude and things off the pitch, but he seemed willing to turn that around at Burnley, and i'm sure Mr. Levein won't stand for it.

Well id take you abit more seriously if your name was not named after a shit striker ;)

Jevons is a no no , could not score for shite when he was at Grimsby he is just a low league striker.

Webber is dodgy never really reached his potential , Helguson is good if we could get him for a nominal fee it would be alrite , but then you have to think if we got promoted would he do the business in the premier league?

Archived