Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

3D Are you game for it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8421157.stm

I think this has come too soon for TV with most people either not even having HD or only having just taken that on. Even if you can afford the 3D technology if companies like Sky add additional charges on top of the HD most wont be able to afford it. They'll need to make HD the norm and just charge the extra for 3D.

The thing is, it's not real 3D is it? Sure, things in the foreground seem nearer than those in the background, but individual objects are still flat. It's like those old Victorian children's toy theatres with cardboard cut-outs.

I have seen some real high end experimental 3D TV's at electronics trade shows and generally think it's pretty naff. The ones that work without glasses (using hologramatic effects and multiple screen overlays) only seem to work properly if you are directly in front of them and there is no way I'd wear glasses to watch TV or even a film.

Archived