Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SamL

Purchasing away tickets online

Perhaps the main reason as to why the club have stopped selling tickets using the e-mail feature is that tickets for both home and away matches are now available to be purchased via the Ticket Hub on the OS. It hasn't been confirmed but I actually stumbled across this while on my account this morning.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, can't see it anywhere though.

Perhaps the main reason as to why the club have stopped selling tickets using the e-mail feature is that tickets for both home and away matches are now available to be purchased via the Ticket Hub on the OS. It hasn't been confirmed but I actually stumbled across this while on my account this morning.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, can't see it anywhere though.

Just had a look at this. Seems the system is still at the WIP stage mind - doesnt work for me.

Wastes 10 minutes being on hold until they finally pick up the phone.

Rarely find that myself to be honest, unless it's a particularly important fixture obviously. The online thing is a good idea though providing there's no inflated booking fee to go with it.

Just tried to use the online service for the first time.

Registered my account, fine. Associated my son's reference number to my account, also fine. Put two match tickets for tomorrow night in my basket, one linked to my reference, and one to his, no problem. And two seats on Fox Travel, also no problem.

Proceed to checkout and get this:

There were problem(s) with your submission:

* Unfortunately, you are attempting to purchase more tickets for a match than you are allowed to in one sitting. Please double check, and remove items from your basket to proceed.

WTF?

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

Just tried to use the online service for the first time.

Registered my account, fine. Associated my son's reference number to my account, also fine. Put two match tickets for tomorrow night in my basket, one linked to my reference, and one to his, no problem. And two seats on Fox Travel, also no problem.

Proceed to checkout and get this:

There were problem(s) with your submission:

* Unfortunately, you are attempting to purchase more tickets for a match than you are allowed to in one sitting. Please double check, and remove items from your basket to proceed.

WTF?

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

Well you got a whole lot further than I did.

Well you got a whole lot further than I did.

Contacted the ticket office, and Jim "updated" the ticket hub, which then allowed me to process an order for two tickets and two seats on the coach. But sod that, there's a £4 booking fee, even when using a debit card. I'd rather cycle in to the ticket office than pay four quid for the privilege of ordering online.

Contacted the ticket office, and Jim "updated" the ticket hub, which then allowed me to process an order for two tickets and two seats on the coach. But sod that, there's a £4 booking fee, even when using a debit card. I'd rather cycle in to the ticket office than pay four quid for the privilege of ordering online.

Great isn't you use your internet connection, reduce the queues in the ticket office, take up less of their time, surely in processing it and then have to pay extra.

Great isn't you use your internet connection, reduce the queues in the ticket office, take up less of their time, surely in processing it and then have to pay extra.

My guess is the fee goes to ticketmaster who actually run the online ticket hub payments system. For them, this is nothing new - if you buy concert tickets it's not unusual these days to see a £4 or £5 'booking fee' sometimes per transaction, and sometimes per ticket, which is a complete rip-off. But I'm not prepared to pay that when booking over the phone or in person is done at face value. If the club want us to use the on-line system then they should be paying ticketmaster's fees from their take. £55 for Greg and I to go to Leeds for a second-round Carling Cup game is more than enough already, thanks.

Archived