Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

ST price freeze?

I thought there was a price freeze on the season tickets? Mines gone up by £50.

And they won't let me actually buy a student ticket, they won't accept letters, or my student card or I.D. They want a timetable from next year, which I don't get until September.

And if I can't get that, I have to pay for a under 22 ticket upfront, then they'll refund it me in September. Only one problem, thats £550 upfront.

Its a joke.

1 - The early bird discount deadline passed by weeks ago. Do you live with your head in the clouds because I was bombarded with texts, letters and e-mails telling me that it was coming up so very hard to miss!

2 - Select the direct debit option and you won't have to pay the full £550 upfront

3 - You can't blame them for wanting proof that you will be a student in September. The difference in price between the two is staggering and the club aren't just going to let anyone say they're a student and save £350.

4 - If you want a season ticket NOW buy an U22 ticket in the kop for £309 and when September comes claim your 100 odd quid back from them and move your ticket back to the block you want to sit in.

3 - You can't blame them for wanting proof that you will be a student in September. The difference in price between the two is staggering and the club aren't just going to let anyone say they're a student and save £350.

Is a student I.D card or a letter from the college/university not suffiecient proof of being a student then?

I thought there was a price freeze on the season tickets? Mines gone up by £50.

And they won't let me actually buy a student ticket, they won't accept letters, or my student card or I.D. They want a timetable from next year, which I don't get until September.

And if I can't get that, I have to pay for a under 22 ticket upfront, then they'll refund it me in September. Only one problem, thats £550 upfront.

Its a joke.

You don't need to give them a timetable, just proof that you are there the whole year.

Just e-mail a tutor and ask them to confirm you'll be studying there until at least may next year.

That's what I did and they were fine.

Is a student I.D card or a letter from the college/university not suffiecient proof of being a student then?

Not really - I finished University in 2008 and yet I still have a student card and documents about college from the further accountancy courses my job required me to take as well as being in full time employment.

Makes me laugh when peeps moan about this when I started going there was adult and kids no student tickets or under 22 tickets etc. At 18 I had to pay adult there was no other option so you should think yourself lucky there are under 22 etc tickets

Makes me laugh when peeps moan about this when I started going there was adult and kids no student tickets or under 22 tickets etc. At 18 I had to pay adult there was no other option so you should think yourself lucky there are under 22 etc tickets

Me too, in fact when I wanted to go in SK1 at Filbert St, there was no kids prices for that block at all so had to start paying adult at 15.

Archived