Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
@cheyette

Foxes Player is a Rip Off

It's very likely they are trying to generate these on a very very low budget. Cameraman/interviewer with camera with a built in mic. thus the bad sound outside if they can't be bothered to use a wireless or a clip mic. The turnaround for these generally are quite short, so I would assume they are produced by the same person who filmed them. I suppose that this isn't their full time job either based on the results of their best efforts. I hope that if they aren't done internally that they consider an outside production company to take the helm should we be promoted.

:thumbup:

Seems to be the way of it in the media these days. Get one person to do everything (badly) and give them a crap wage to boot.

It occurred to me they might not be able to get footage of training sessions to use over the interviews. Somebody on here said security is very tight at the training ground. In which case, as Collymore said, they should just show the interview and stop trying to be clever!

Back on the subject of Foxesplayer, it dropped out a lot for me last night. First time I've had problems with it since it's been running

Its a life saver for us fans living on the continent. Must say though, that davieG makes half of the deal obsolete, as he will upload highlights a day or two before FoxesPlayer, but that is not FoxesPlayer's fault, its just davieG being awesome.

I would happily pay 10 quid a month for a solid live stream for each game. If there is highlights, there must be a camera, so why can't we watch the games instead of listening?

I think Davie G got banned from putting his stuff up :(:(:(:(

:thumbup:

Seems to be the way of it in the media these days. Get one person to do everything (badly) and give them a crap wage to boot.

It occurred to me they might not be able to get footage of training sessions to use over the interviews. Somebody on here said security is very tight at the training ground. In which case, as Collymore said, they should just show the interview and stop trying to be clever!

Back on the subject of Foxesplayer, it dropped out a lot for me last night. First time I've had problems with it since it's been running

Technical issues at Barnsley apparently. Radio Leicester listeners had the same problem.

FoxesPlayer has been great whenever I've had to use it abroad. Can't really complain when I able to watch the Middlesbrough away highlights over airport wifi.

Exactly. Services like FoxesPlayer wouldn't have been dreamt of 20 years ago...I think for £1 a week it offers good value. People seem to take everything for granted these days and think that just because it's the internet it means everything has to be free.

• 10 months later...

Got three emails from the club this morning.

One that said: So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £42.99 per year, an increase of just GBP 3 per year.

Another that said: So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £4.49 per month, an increase of just GBP 0.20p per month.

And another that said: So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £37.99 per year, an increase of just GBP2 per year.

Interesting. Anyone else get these emails?

Only 3 e-mails? I got four, the last one being an apology saying that there had been an issue with their e-mail system and then going on to give me the information about the price increase and their reasoning. I didn't read it in full, just skipped through it. I'll be keeping it anyway so I can follow the action in Alberta

Only 3 e-mails? I got four, the last one being an apology saying that there had been an issue with their e-mail system and then going on to give me the information about the price increase and their reasoning. I didn't read it in full, just skipped through it. I'll be keeping it anyway so I can follow the action in Alberta

Funny how they quoted three different prices for the same thing. £37.99, £42.99 and £53.88.

Which one should I choose do you reckon? :P

I'd take the cheapest :P, but the last one i got said 42.99

Yeah still worth it I reckon, especially for the video highlights.

Not that bothered about being able to "Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments" though. Stringer is hysterical enough the first time around.

Not that bothered about being able to "Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments" though. Stringer is hysterical enough the first time around.

I grew up with John Sinclair and Neville Foulger doing the commentary - they were fantastic. Stringer has his moments

Archived