Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
@cheyette

Foxes Player is a Rip Off

You can't get the radio commentry anywhere other than foxes player if you're outside Leicester, so a lot of people don't have much of a choice.

The video highlights are normally decent and being that you can cancel it instantly I don't really understand your issue

i listened on bbc radio leicester online :dunno:

You can't get the radio commentry anywhere other than foxes player if you're outside Leicester, so a lot of people don't have much of a choice.

:unsure: We get commentry fine via radio, not Foxes Player.

When it comes to league matches, you cannot listen to it through the BBC website. The only way is through foxesplayer or on an actual radio i.e. portable or car etc. Therefore if people live out of radio range than FoxesPlayer is a lifeline at a very fair price.

Some cup matches and friendlies can however be picked up on the radio leicester website because there are no rights held to that game.

Why is that so hard for some people to comprehend?

Without player u wouldn't be able to follow city live.

I would pay £40 pm for live streaming even post game complete streaming. A bit like the spl on BBC alba. I think Celtic do delayed full matches on their player equivalent for forty quid a year.

When it comes to league matches, you cannot listen to it through the BBC website. The only way is through foxesplayer or on an actual radio i.e. portable or car etc. Therefore if people live out of radio range than FoxesPlayer is a lifeline at a very fair price.

Some cup matches and friendlies can however be picked up on the radio leicester website because there are no rights held to that game.

Why is that so hard for some people to comprehend?

Spot on. It's not worth it for people that can get the games on the radio that live in Leicester, but for those of us farther afield who can only get the commentary via foxes player it's a bargain !

We are currently working on improvements to Foxes Player that will give you a much higher quality viewing and match day experience.

Key improvements include:

Upgraded near HD video quality

CoveritLive live chat

For the new season it is necessary to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 02/08/2011 your subscription will start to be billed at £4.29 per month. That is an increase of just 30p per month.

OK now that has made me pissed. That extra 30p will mean I cant afford to eat.

for us foxiles it's essential and the price is reasonable, and the highlights worth it on their own.

the sound is much better than it used to be but the consistency of the stream is abysmal - i don't think i listened to more than 90% of any game home or away last year and some games it was maybe as little as 10%, and it wasn't my internet either, it usually stalls once or twice and then drops out completely, and then comes back for a bit and stalls and drops out again, over and over.

Same as the other Foxiles, if I didn't have it I would be stuck and I don't have the time or energy to scratch around for an illegal stream. Midweek games are interesting as I try and listen at my desk at work and have to refrain myself from jumping up in the air when we score / swearing when we let one in....

Its a life saver for us fans living on the continent. Must say though, that davieG makes half of the deal obsolete, as he will upload highlights a day or two before FoxesPlayer, but that is not FoxesPlayer's fault, its just davieG being awesome.

I would happily pay 10 quid a month for a solid live stream for each game. If there is highlights, there must be a camera, so why can't we watch the games instead of listening?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at making the plunge this season and signing up for foxes player and it won't let me sign up just keeps stating my mobile number is incorrect, i've tried with spaces and with out. My old uk number. with and with out international code. Added extra digits deleted them tried about 60 different combos but it still wont work and the mobile field is mandatory.

Any one else had this issue?

I'm looking at making the plunge this season and signing up for foxes player and it won't let me sign up just keeps stating my mobile number is incorrect, i've tried with spaces and with out. My old uk number. with and with out international code. Added extra digits deleted them tried about 60 different combos but it still wont work and the mobile field is mandatory.

Any one else had this issue?

Try making one up and then editing it when you're registered. That's what i did with my email address.

Try making one up and then editing it when you're registered. That's what i did with my email address.

Did that even tried saying i lived in Bangladesh to see if that would work lol

Keep saying not enough digits no matter how many extra digits i put in it (That's what she said :thumbup: )

Did that even tried saying i lived in Bangladesh to see if that would work lol

Keep saying not enough digits no matter how many extra digits i put in it (That's what she said :thumbup: )

Send the ticket office an email making sure you put 'Can't sign up for Foxesplayer' I'm sure they'll contact you then better than trying to ring up and that's what they say the email address is for.

[email protected]

Send the ticket office an email making sure you put 'Can't sign up for Foxesplayer' I'm sure they'll contact you then better than trying to ring up and that's what they say the email address is for.

[email protected]

Yeah just did just seems like too much of a simple glitch for it to be a glitch (if that makes sense)

Yeah just did just seems like too much of a simple glitch for it to be a glitch (if that makes sense)

People have had plenty of problems with LCFC direct etc, so anything is possible - best of luck in convincing them your a customer who wants to part with some money.tongue.png

Been exiled for nearly 2 years now from quality radio Leicester reception - been listening through an alarm clock radio balanced on the back of a chair with an antennae precariously taped to the outside of the window - when I couldn't get to games..........

I didn't realise Foxes Player renewed automatically........................... I have had a subscription all this time.

Doh.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else getting sick of the stupid video editing that someone seems to be intent on maximizing recently? I keep thinking my sound is going out of sync with the video :blink: I've just realised that they're showing the video of different parts of the interview which on purpose doesn't match the audio :dunno:

It's as if they've got some kid straight out of college who doesn't understand the important "less is more" code as the Peltier video is nearly all out of sync :angry:

Come on foxesplayer sort it out, there's no need to be clever, I just want to see the players face when he talks nothing else :thumbup:

Is anyone else getting sick of the stupid video editing that someone seems to be intent on maximizing recently? I keep thinking my sound is going out of sync with the video :blink: I've just realised that they're showing the video of different parts of the interview which on purpose doesn't match the audio :dunno:

It's as if they've got some kid straight out of college who doesn't understand the important "less is more" code as the Peltier video is nearly all out of sync :angry:

Come on foxesplayer sort it out, there's no need to be clever, I just want to see the players face when he talks nothing else :thumbup:

Ah my pet subject

Yep it's pretty bad. They obviously haven't thought/can't be bothered to cover the interview with shots of him training or playing. Or at the very least, a shot where he isn't talking. What they've done there is known as "goldfishing" in the trade :thumbup:

I blame Youtube. Now every fu*ker with a laptop and a copy of IMovie thinks they're a decent editor

Ah my pet subject

Yep it's pretty bad. They obviously haven't thought/can't be bothered to cover the interview with shots of him training or playing. Or at the very least, a shot where he isn't talking. What they've done there is known as "goldfishing" in the trade :thumbup:

I blame Youtube. Now every fu*ker with a laptop and a copy of IMovie thinks they're a decent editor

It's very likely they are trying to generate these on a very very low budget. Cameraman/interviewer with camera with a built in mic. thus the bad sound outside if they can't be bothered to use a wireless or a clip mic. The turnaround for these generally are quite short, so I would assume they are produced by the same person who filmed them. I suppose that this isn't their full time job either based on the results of their best efforts. I hope that if they aren't done internally that they consider an outside production company to take the helm should we be promoted.

Archived