Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
@cheyette

Foxes Player is a Rip Off

Did anyone else buy a month of Foxes Player to find that its a con.

It cost £4 for the month- the videos come out like 3 a week and they are only on average 3min long- with the best 1min part of the video previewed on the LCFC facebook fan page.

As for the 'exclusive' live commentary. It's just a stream of BBC Leicester which is available to anyone on BBC I Player- and the first game didn't even work!

Just wondered if anyone else felt the same frustration as me?

You can't get the radio commentry anywhere other than foxes player if you're outside Leicester, so a lot of people don't have much of a choice.

The video highlights are normally decent and being that you can cancel it instantly I don't really understand your issue

You can't listen to the live league games on DAB or iPlayer so that it's exclusive the Foxes Player. I've had it for ages and in my opinion it's worth it. I wouldn't say the average interview time is 3 min, 3 min is about the shortest. Personally I enjoy them.

I dunno, it's £4 per month which in the grand scheme of things really isn't a lot.

That's how I listen to every live game?

I thought that too...

BBC Leicester, as with all BBC local radio stations, have only the rights to broadcast Football League content (including League Cup, FA Cup and any other contracts negotiated via The Football League, The FA Premier League or the FA) on their usual FM/MW frequency or via their DAB multiplex. They have no rights to broadcast game over the Internet as that contract is negotiated separately with PremiumTV, who manage the 'Player' aspects of many club websites. That they have an arrangement with the Football League to buy their audio from the BBC in a separate deal pleases me, as I am then able to hear BBC Leicester coverage whilst living in the frozen north of Lancashire. :scarf:

£4 a month doesnt bother me. It maybe isnt worth it while there are no matches but certainly when the season is in full swing. No one forces you to subscribe. Dont want to pay £4 for it... then dont.

You can listen to all games on FM Radio... DAB usually cover the rugby?

If they dont clash its on DAB too. When they do I have to get the old ghetto blaster out for the FM. Fcuking annoying! I wish they would hurry up with the analog switch off

You can listen to all games on FM Radio... DAB usually cover the rugby?

I only have a DAB radio and all the matches are on there unless there is a clash which is like once a season or something?

I've never really understood the whinging about Foxes Player. It always works fine for me, and with radio coverage and extended highlights I've always found it pretty good value

The current interviews are quite interesting. Wellens is always refreshingly honest and where else would you get to see Waggy's custom made shin-pads? 250 quid a pop!

Fair enough- I'm getting rinsed. Yeh I mean it's not expensive but I was just annoyed that clips of all the videos are on the facebook fan page anyway. Didn't realise I couldn't listen to BBC Leicester on BBC Iplayer so I guess it is worth it. My Bad.

I think it's great value. I live in Texas, and if Foxes Player wasn't around I wouldn't get to listen to every game. It's also great for the highlights and seeing how we actually scored. It's rarely faulty, maybe a couple of games last season were late on but 99% of the time it's just fine.

Archived