Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lazza

Wesolowski Proves himself in international football

A good manager will also take into account personality, some players need to be encouraged and kept in the team when they are going through a bad patch, in order not to destroy what little bit of confidence they still have whilst other need to be dropped in order to deflate an over inflated ego. Likewise some younsters take longer to adapt to first team football lacking belief in their own ability, whilst others need to be kept chomping at the bit.

You also can't ignore how well the team is currently performing, it then becomes catch 22, you don't want to put them in a losing side low on confidence , and who do you drop from a winning team.

That's why most managers bring young players through when forced to by injuries, lack of resources etc, Even Fergie, who was praised to the hilt over his introduction of Beckham, Scholes et al probably had little choice at the time.

It's a complex situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Lads,

An excerpt from some match reports from the Australia v Japan Youth World Cup game.

By all accounts from some Australian friends this lad was a class above every other Australian and Japanese player around him.

I think it's time young Wesolowski was given his place in the first team.

Mr Levein, please take notice !

It's interesting that there is a comment about impressing our coaching staff. Let's hope the club gives him the respect he deserves as a player who is one of our few juniors with great talent and a future leader of this club.

We need more quality lads like young James here if we are to develop over the next few years and work our way back into the Premier League.

We can't afford for another team to make a bid for him so that they benefit from our investment in him.

WESOLOWSKI_James.jpg

The Japanese upped the ante late on as they stared down the barrel of elimination. and 17-year-old midfield dynamo James Wesolowski, who impressed on his tournament debut, was forced to head off the line.

Midfielders Ruben Zadkovich and James Wesolowski (pictured), as well as defender Ryan Townsend, have all patiently waited for the chance to perform in the rarefied atmosphere that is FIFA’s premier football event outside the FIFA World Cup.

Despite just being 17-years-old Wesolowski is also on a professional contract in the Championship with Leicester City and has just completed his first year on those terms after being at the club the previous season as a schoolboy apprentice.

Home also to Qantas Socceroos Danny Tiatto and newly-signed Patrick Kisnorbo, Wesolowski has impressed the coaching staff at Leicester City with his all-action but composed midfield play.

A Sydney-sider from the Canterbury Association, Wesolowski honed his skills at the renowned Westfields Sports High School, also the alma mater for Qantas Young Socceroos team-mates Daniel Vukovic, Trent McClenahan and the injured Mark Bridge.

Still young enough for the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship, the level-headed Wesolowski seems a star in the making.

124791[/snapback]

Good call Lazza,to say young Wes was ready for a shot at first team.CL sounds fairly pleased with what he's seen.2good games in a week and probably more to come..Any more players lcfc should look at?

It isn't because he's from Australia as Levein has just signed to lads from Oz (Kisnorbo and Henderson) to go with Tiatto who Levein loves.

Weso has often been described as 'hard working' and 'passionate' always giving 110% so I imagine his attitude is spot on for football. He's also come a long way from Oz to play at Leicester and if things weren't working out i'm sure he'd be allowed to leave and go home. I think he's ticking over quite nicely, this season he needs to make his name in the reserves and make it almost impossible for Levein to ignore him.

126844[/snapback]

I think the way he plays he's here to stay and not go home to Oz.If anything he looks like he's destined for bigger clubs. Just hope we can look after him especially if he gives 110% as not too many did last year, and in turn he helps serve our club well for the next few years.I dont doubt his drive and ambition,its just how CL uses it and gets the best from it.Hopefully juniors dont sit in the stands like last season and get frustrated knowing honestly they could've done much better and give us fans something really to get excited about.

127324[/snapback]

It's harder for the kids to come through.

When a manager goes "away" for a player he has to chat to him, pursuade him that a move is in his interests and tempt him with the right money and package. Once installed the manager wants him to succeed both to protect his own reputation (having signed him) but also his own honesty (having pursuaded the newcomer to join). However well or badly he's playing!.

Academy youngsters will have become part of the furniture, easily overlooked or easy to leave out until another or "better" opportunity arises. Unlike new signings, they often don't get the chance to fail.

Even Stearman hardly had a run last season. Yet how many chances by way of games and part games did MDV get?

Managers may all think they're tough but they often cop out when it comes to leaving their friends and favourites out of the side. And, when the "signing" is being paid his new-contract money then the boss isn't keen to see that wasted on a sidelines player while a next-to-nothing Academy lad takes a shirt. Who ever said life was fair?

couldn't agree more and most aussie sportsmen with talent are arrogent just look at their cricket and rugby teams

126599[/snapback]

Well, as covered in another thread, I met some of the Aussie Under 20s squad a month or 2 ago when they stayed at the same hotel as me - I didn't meet Weso (although he was there), but the guys I did meet were alright

The didn't make it obvious they were footballers (The accents and knowing the Ozzy team were in the hotel kind of gave it away)

Whilst 1 or 2 were a bit cock sure they were respectful of other people who were using the facilities

By contrast I met Dutch side Roda last week at the same hotel - What a difference

A couple of the guys were quiet as lambs on their own but then became the biggest voices / ring leaders when they adopted mob behaviour

1 guy in particular was a real arrogant tosser both on his own and as part of the mob

In general they let everyone know they were footballers and expected everyone to treat them like royalty - They also seemed to want to let everyone know that they had wads of cash - To the extent that it became funny - Going into the sauna blinged up to the max then getting burnt when the soverigns and chains heated up - Yeah I laughed - It's more funny when they pretend it doesn't hurt

They also took over both Jacuzzis then all stood up and whistled and made comments when any women walked passed

Anyway vodka / red bull frenzy kicking in again so I'll shut up now :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Archived