Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Did anyone else on here go to this year's Summer Sundae?

and if so, what were your highlights?

For me, Mama Rosin were by far my favourite act of the weekend, then probably Warpaint.

Got some great pics of the bands - I always try to take photos of every artist that plays, regardless of whether I like them or not. Was a bit embarrassing when I was trying to take pics of McFly though. There's only so long you can stand as a lone male amongst a throng of teenage girls without looking dubious...

and if so, what were your highlights?

For me, Mama Rosin were by far my favourite act of the weekend, then probably Warpaint.

Got some great pics of the bands - I always try to take photos of every artist that plays, regardless of whether I like them or not. Was a bit embarrassing when I was trying to take pics of McFly though. There's only so long you can stand as a lone male amongst a throng of teenage girls without looking dubious...

as long as your confident with your sexuality mate,i wouldn't worry about it ! lol

Shonen Knife were absolutely phenomenal, potentially gig of the year for me.

Factory Floor is my favourite live band in the world at the moment and their performance inside DeMont to the 30 or so people who could handle it was awesome.

Absolutely loved Warpaint.

Showaddywaddy were brilliant, Dave Bartram's such a great entertainer it brings tears to the eyes and "Hey Rock and Roll" is a fantastic song.

Jim Jones Revue on top form like usual.

Really like Kissmet but couldn't help thinking they should've been in one of the smaller tents like they were a few years ago.

Loved Beth Jeans Houghton's set despite its catastrophically shambolic nature.

We Three and the Death Rattle are worth checking out again in the future.

What I saw of The Antlers before having to go outside and throw up was very good.

I think Toots and the Maytals were excellent but it was a bit of a drunken haze...

Yaaks were pretty good and their singer was HOT.

------------------------

In the not so good section McFly were AWFUL, not even fun in an ironic way (except for when they fired t-shirts into the crowd in finest Spinal Tap fashion)

No mention of the fact that John Cooper Clarke's performance had been moved to an earlier slot really pissed me off.

Shonen Knife were absolutely phenomenal, potentially gig of the year for me.

Factory Floor is my favourite live band in the world at the moment and their performance inside DeMont to the 30 or so people who could handle it was awesome.

Absolutely loved Warpaint.

Showaddywaddy were brilliant, Dave Bartram's such a great entertainer it brings tears to the eyes and "Hey Rock and Roll" is a fantastic song.

Jim Jones Revue on top form like usual.

Really like Kissmet but couldn't help thinking they should've been in one of the smaller tents like they were a few years ago.

Loved Beth Jeans Houghton's set despite its catastrophically shambolic nature.

We Three and the Death Rattle are worth checking out again in the future.

What I saw of The Antlers before having to go outside and throw up was very good.

I think Toots and the Maytals were excellent but it was a bit of a drunken haze...

Yaaks were pretty good and their singer was HOT.

------------------------

In the not so good section McFly were AWFUL, not even fun in an ironic way (except for when they fired t-shirts into the crowd in finest Spinal Tap fashion)

No mention of the fact that John Cooper Clarke's performance had been moved to an earlier slot really pissed me off.

I didn't stay long enough in the McFly crowd to say either way how good they were. Went off to eat/drink/watch Tom somethingorother in the Rising Stage instead, who was pretty good anyway.

Showaddywaddy are certainly good musicians, which came across well, but I found it difficult to get past the fact that Bartram's voice now sounds like a cross between Joe Pasquale and a Looney Tunes character.

Agree on everything else but I didn't see Factory Floor as it clashed with something else I wanted to see (can't remember who that was).

Factory floor were one of the best and loudest shows I've ever seen.

Why does this always happen? I missed about two bands over the duration of the entire weekend, and one of them was Factory Floor, who everybody else keeps banging on about!

Good job the rest of the weekend was great fun.

I saw most of their set and they were indeed fantastic. Not sure what he means though? Maybe that was the bit I missed.

I think he meant that it wasn't just one of the best Pete & The Pirates performances he'd seen, but one of the best by anyone.

Either that or some actual pirates turned up and made someone walk the plank or something. I wasn't there, it's hard to know for sure

Archived