Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Who will win the title?

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the title?

• Wolves
    • Norwich
    • Reading
    • Leicester
    • Southampton
    • Derby
    • Ipswich
    • Crystal Palace
    • Leeds Utd
    • Sheff Utd

Yes, ive chosen norwich myself, their strikeforce will dent most defences. Im not sure they have the best midfield or defense (i think we have the best defence) but in this league, scoring goals is essential to win the title (ipswich came close last term and had a very leaky defence), rather than defending is the key to survival in the premier.

However, it is only june and who knows if ashton and huckerby will still be flying the canary fly come august or september?

If Palace retain Johnson (Which is a big if) then I can see them challenging for the title. They've just recruited Ward and McAnuff, who are quality players in this division with plenty of potential.

Norwich and Wolves will make strong bids. Norwich will be like West Brom, not for their style of play, but simply because they have the ability to retain their best players as a result of not over exerting themselves financially in the Premiership. Wolves ended the season well, albeit with a number of draws. Although, I don't think they'll be strong enough to win the title, 2nd place seems more realistic.

i think norwich will definately be up there like most people have said have said. they have the best striker in the division in dean ashton, i saw them play a couple of times last season (as me best mate is a norwich fan) they should really still be in the prem.,

but i think if we can get a decent pacey striker and a bit more pace in the team in general we will be there or there-abouts :D

Noriwch, they have a similar squad to when they they were last promoted. good balance in the squad aswell.

I would like to say we would win it but i dont beleive we have enough depth to maintain a title push. However, i do think we are easily capable of reaching play-offs. Lets just hope the lads prove me totally wrong and win the title!

so you think these 4 new signings may make such an impact as to help us win the title? I doubt any new players for a team have helped a team win the league in any division - let alone one with the competition as teh championship...

I think Norwich personally - best strikers, havent sold and have a good manager to help regroup and focus again. Of the other relegated teams ;

Crystal Palace - cant see them anywhere near there even if AJ does stay. His heart will deffo not be in it since he tasted life in prem and internationals etc. Only natural for him to be demotivated a bit.

Southampton : Lots of changes going on. Basset, Woodwood and Wise are joining too. I wonder if all thats going to really help them or hinder. HR has always been someone who doesnt like someone above poking their noses into the day to day management so we shall have to see what he gets from this situation. Also, even though he has experience with Pompey I dont think they'll be good enough to win the championship. Crouch will be off too and once he's gone - their old tactics will be down the drain too.

It will be interesting to see Wolves this season - they went on a brilliant run near teh end of the season and I fancy Glenn to make them a real force this season. They may be challenging Norwich for the title - either way, i expect both Norwich and Wolve to be the top 2 next season.

For playoffs I think the following may be some of the ones in there;

Leeds

Sheff Utd

Ipswich

Burnley

Leicester

I think we will be in the playoffs personally..

i think norwich will definately be up there like most people have said have said. they have the best striker in the division in dean ashton, i saw them play a couple of times last season (as me best mate is a norwich fan) they should really still be in the prem.,

but i think if we can get a decent pacey striker and a bit more pace in the team in general we will be there or there-abouts :D

129297[/snapback]

We have the quickest backline i've ever known us to have this season, Stewart, Mccarthy, Kisnorbo (possible) Maybury, then in midfield Hughes and Williams are no slouches, Sylla's quick and Tiatto covers ground well. I'd say we have a lot of pace.

last year i honestly thought we would walk the division. I'm optimistic though

129597[/snapback]

Thats what I thought and i reckon a lot of other City fans though the same. However, i was a bit cautious about getting too complacent, and looked what happened!

However, we are underdogs this season and i think that we can achieve a play-off spot despite all the bookies saying we will struggle. Its gonna be tough but i do beleive we have a decent management team in.

Mother of Satan! How have 12 people (so far) managed to convince themselves that, out of all the candidates listed, LCFC are going to win the Championship??? :o

Expect an IMPROVEMENT, sure, but winning the badger??? Opinions, eh? ;)

I was going to have this poll without city and derby because of peoples bias views, but i suppose that wouldnt be quite fair.

Be interesting to see what a norwich or wolves etc website say.

Im going to run another vote in a prodomanetly premier fan forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I did run another forum vote on this subject with prodomanently premiwer fans and suprisingly they choose crystal palace as title favourites and norwich 2nd.

Leicester were about 5th, but i couldnt show you the results from the last 2 weeks because idiots ruined it.

Any new comers wana vote here?

Archived