Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yann kermogant

Presumably England fans should now applaud Ashley Young because he smashed his penalty against the bar, but should boo Ashley Cole because he audaciously tried to place his?

Every player wants to score their penalty in a shoot-out, selects a method...and some go wrong. But nobody who steps up deserves vilification - or to be booed 2.5 years later!

Only Kermo and Waggy know why they selected the respective methods that they did, but the boring truth is probably that each felt most confident of scoring that way. I'd be astonished if either selected their shot to go on a personal ego-trip. You'd have to be a risk-taker verging on psychotic to do that!

Kermit's penalty was high risk though, I don't blame Waghorn or Young for going for power, or Ashley Cole for trying to place it in the corner and getting it wrong, to try that chip though is arrogant and when it comes off brilliant, but it was that bad the keeper had dived and it bounced it at his feet. Compare it to Pirlo chipped it high and in the middle, Hart didn't stand a chance unless he didn't move.

Kermit like Pirlo watched the keeper move but didn't have the skill to just chip it into the net, he didn't even put enough power on it to reach the goal without bouncing.

Thanks for making me watch it again, to remember how bad it was.

Only Kermo and Waggy know why they selected the respective methods that they did, but the boring truth is probably that each felt most confident of scoring that way. I'd be astonished if either selected their shot to go on a personal ego-trip. You'd have to be a risk-taker verging on psychotic to do that!

It's my opinion that Kermorgant changed his mind during the run up - absolutely fatal error. He didn't blast it, but he didn't fully commit to chipping it either.

As Graham Taylor said on the radio the other day, 'the only excuse for a poor penalty i when it goes in'.

Kermorgants wasnt even poor it was cocky and arrogant, and deserves the abuse he got for being a twat and taking it like that.

Presumably England fans should now applaud Ashley Young because he smashed his penalty against the bar, but should boo Ashley Cole because he audaciously tried to place his?

Every player wants to score their penalty in a shoot-out, selects a method...and some go wrong. But nobody who steps up deserves vilification - or to be booed 2.5 years later!

Don't mind Ashley Young smacking it against the post nor Cole for trying to place it. He just didn't have enough power behind it. What Kermo did was insane. Imagine if Rooney in a penalty shootout with Germany with the last penalty did that? He would be vilified for doing it forever.

I don't think Kermo felt confident. Didn't look it when he took the penalty. Fair play to him stepping up to do it. If he tried a 'normal' penalty we wouldn't still be talking about this but the fact that it was so audacious and he fluffed it so spectacularly is why I am going to boo him when he comes to the KP and when I go down the Valley.

But you know what's going to happen, Charlton are going to get a pen and he's going to smash it and score. Sods law.

I must be the only one that enjoys this showboating, even if it is expensive. If it comes off, he's a hero, if it doesn't, he's hated.

I'd rather have a bit of flair and take risks than be boring and safe. Results aren't everything. I watch football to be entertained.

I don't hate Kermo for taking a penalty like he did. If it'd have gone in, we'd have all gasped at his bravery in doing it in the first place, the same way most people did when Pirlo's went in.

I must be the only one that enjoys this showboating, even if it is expensive. If it comes off, he's a hero, if it doesn't, he's hated.

I'd rather have a bit of flair and take risks than be boring and safe. Results aren't everything. I watch football to be entertained.

I don't hate Kermo for taking a penalty like he did. If it'd have gone in, we'd have all gasped at his bravery in doing it in the first place, the same way most people did when Pirlo's went in.

But that's because Pirlo did it well, as did Ramos last night, it is not a difficult skill to chip the ball down the middle, it is having the balls to do so, or the ability to watch the keeper move and then do it, the problem with Kermit is that he fvcked it up, if he had been faked by the keeper, who went to dive but then didn't and caught it comfortably, it would be ok, but it didn't even reach the goal it bounced at the feet of the keeper who had already dived, fvcking it up like he did is crinimal.

Have people who were at the game forgotten how Kermo took the penno? He may as well have picked it up and gone and plopped it into the goalies hands whilst saying 'here you are mate, you have it'....

lol

I won't boo him though.. It's in the dim and distant past and best left there...

Archived