Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yann kermogant

Kermo was far better than Howard. He missed a penalty and so people slate him yet Waggy did the same and gets no crap. Yes, some though Kermit was show boating but that's how he takes his pens - Waggy was a good old english hoof so he is not allowed to be critricised. Lynch mob out for Kermit but he's a decent player and just wasnt given a fair go at City.

Kermo was far better than Howard. He missed a penalty and so people slate him yet Waggy did the same and gets no crap. Yes, some though Kermit was show boating but that's how he takes his pens - Waggy was a good old english hoof so he is not allowed to be critricised. Lynch mob out for Kermit but he's a decent player and just wasnt given a fair go at City.

Well no, in the game against Cardiff, Howard was unplayable, Kermo was just 'Decent'

lol

Was having the same conversation with mi mate.

The reason why 32yr old Pirlo was as fresh as a daisy at the end, whereas Gerrard and Rooney looked half dead was because of how the Italians and especially Pirlo, kept the ball.

The phrase 'let the ball do the work' springs to mind.

I bet Pirlo ran probably about half the distance that Gerrard did throughout the game. And boy it showed.

Until we learn, as a nation, to keep the ball better, we'll be having these same debates about 'The England Problem' for the next forty years. And probably blame it on successive managers.

The same goes for Leicester City.

Until we keep the ball better, as a team, we'll go nowhere.

According to the stats Pirlo covered more ground than anyone in that game, I don't know if the stats lied or it was just the fact he effortlessly floated around everywhere whereas we were sprint back to the edge of the box and wait.

Either way he was the difference really, apart from him Italy looked fairly average, we just made them look good by letting them (Pirlo) dictate the play.

According to the stats Pirlo covered more ground than anyone in that game, I don't know if the stats lied or it was just the fact he effortlessly floated around everywhere whereas we were sprint back to the edge of the box and wait.

Either way he was the difference really, apart from him Italy looked fairly average, we just made them look good by letting them (Pirlo) dictate the play.

Cheers for the info and I stand corrected.

I guess the ground covered was in a smaller area, without all the sprints and bursts.

Whatever, the space he was given allowed him to conduct the Italian orchestra.

Howard had two decent games for us, one against Cardiff and one against Leeds!

lol If it wasn't for Howard playing alongside Fryatt, we wouldn't have scored nearly half the goals we did!

The difference is that Pirlo saw Hart diving for the corner, then dinked it. Kermo dinked it before goalie committed. Kermo is good in air, but slow so he wouldn't get in the current Leicester team. Can't see him replacing Beckford or Nugent (or Vardy if he lives up to his transfer fee).

Yes, both Waggy and Kermo missed. But Waggy smashed it. Wasn't pissed off about that. Kermo and his audacious chip at one of the most important games in our clubs history.. well.. that's what has got me rilled.

Fvck me we must be short on things to talk about. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Bring on Pre-season.

Does anyone think Kermogant will get booed when he comes to the King Power? I won't personally boo him, as I think thats extreme.

I think he will get booed.

Why is it extreme? You're abusing him for 90 minutes, not murdering him.

Yes, both Waggy and Kermo missed. But Waggy smashed it. Wasn't pissed off about that. Kermo and his audacious chip at one of the most important games in our clubs history.. well.. that's what has got me rilled.

Bring on Pre-season.

Presumably England fans should now applaud Ashley Young because he smashed his penalty against the bar, but should boo Ashley Cole because he audaciously tried to place his?

Every player wants to score their penalty in a shoot-out, selects a method...and some go wrong. But nobody who steps up deserves vilification - or to be booed 2.5 years later!

Only Kermo and Waggy know why they selected the respective methods that they did, but the boring truth is probably that each felt most confident of scoring that way. I'd be astonished if either selected their shot to go on a personal ego-trip. You'd have to be a risk-taker verging on psychotic to do that!

Does anyone think Kermogant will get booed when he comes to the King Power? I won't personally boo him, as I think thats extreme.

Wayne Brown was the only Leicester player who deserved booing after that season, which I did when he came back with Preston, and then they got relegated. :D

I'm not going to boo Kermorgant, he was an idiot, but the match shouldn't have even gone to penalties and probably wouldn't have if Brown hadn't been a twat, Howard hadn't got himself sent off against Watford, we had a competent ref or a competent linesman in the second leg. So I can forgive him, if he'd come back a week later I might have booed him but so much has happened since then, I really don't think it's at all necessary.

Presumably England fans should now applaud Ashley Young because he smashed his penalty against the bar, but should boo Ashley Cole because he audaciously tried to place his?

Every player wants to score their penalty in a shoot-out, selects a method...and some go wrong. But nobody who steps up deserves vilification - or to be booed 2.5 years later!

Only Kermo and Waggy know why they selected the respective methods that they did, but the boring truth is probably that each felt most confident of scoring that way. I'd be astonished if either selected their shot to go on a personal ego-trip. You'd have to be a risk-taker verging on psychotic to do that!

Spot on (no pun intended).

Gosh for this forum that is a spectacularly correct post

I'm glad he missed the penalty, I don't think we'd have the owners which we have today if he'd have scored it and eventually got us promoted, and I think we'd have been relegated soon enough anyway.

Archived