Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Do you wish the Thais never arrived?

Guest MattP

They have not raped or pillaged the club. All they have done is put some money in and made clear the position of how much they eventually want out.

In regards to the stadium and the shirt sponsorship, who knows what the arrangements are but there is nothing in how the owners have conducted themselves so far to think that there's anything behind it other than raising money.

FFP I know the face value detail that everyone has but apart from that, the intricate nature of the regulations are for accountants and finance directors. There will be loopholes and various ways of wording things to ensure that clubs with 'loans' hanging over them wont go under. If not, the Premier League will have about 5 clubs and not many more in the Championship.

Have they?

What is what they want out?

That last line is very naive as well, Pompey didnt find a loophole did they?, Rangers didnt, financial irregularities in football are about to be clamped down upon, there are no loopholes that can hide 50 million worth of debt for a Championship club.

Have they?

What is what they want out?

That last line is very naive as well, Pompey didnt find a loophole did they?, Rangers didnt, financial irregularities in football are about to be clamped down upon, there are no loopholes that can hide 50 million worth of debt for a Championship club.

They want 8% and i'm referring to loopholes in FFP.

There's no way in 2 years time all football clubs will be operating within the margins of FFP. To think so I think is a little naive.

Have you spoken to any Derby fans recently ? I had my house painted last week the painter was DCFC season ticket holder, to sum up the conversation he said the American

owners have ruined the club. They haven't given Clough any money to spend and are losing their better players every season. Shackell being the latest. They seem more interested in investing in the commercial side around Pride Park than the club or players. Clough is having to find bargins in lower leagues like Burton and the youth set up at DCFC. The painter said the only thing the fans have got to look forward to is the derby game against Forest.

How is that comparable to what the Thais have done here? I think we are dam lucky to have them. They've had a few problems but you get that in any field when you buy a new business. I think maybe they've been a little naive at times and need to manage expectations a little better. Other than that they are doing a cracking job with the team and infrastuture at LCFC. Well done Top and the rest of the board.

Yet despite all the off field problems the painter has told you about theyre still on a par with us!

Guest MattP

They want 8% and i'm referring to loopholes in FFP.

There's no way in 2 years time all football clubs will be operating within the margins of FFP. To think so I think is a little naive.

8% - Higher than a bank, in fact almost on the levels of Wonga, disgraceful to be honest. They want that back in a timescale not possible either.

Most clubs will be, you can see that already, to be honest I'm not concerned about FFP, I'm more concerned about the ridiculous amounts of money we owe ASI and what on earth the long term plan is to pay it off.

8% - Higher than a bank, in fact almost on the levels of Wonga, disgraceful to be honest. They want that back in a timescale not possible either.

Most clubs will be, you can see that already, to be honest I'm not concerned about FFP, I'm more concerned about the ridiculous amounts of money we owe ASI and what on earth the long term plan is to pay it off.

Uh dude 8% is not high risk at all, Wonga has an apr of 4214%

Guest MattP

Uh dude 8% is not high risk at all, Wonga has an apr of 4214%

Yes but I imagine if not paid on time Wonga are worse than a loan shark.

8% is still pretty ghastly considering these people are supposdly "investors" here to help the club.

Throwing money into a pot to pay out 5million for Matt Mills and then demanding it back with money on top is quite sickening. This club lost all sense of fiscal responsibility when Sven was here and I think we will end up paying quite a serious price for it.

8% is still pretty ghastly considering these people are supposdly "investors" here to help the club.

Throwing money into a pot to pay out 5million for Matt Mills and then demanding it back with money on top is quite sickening. This club lost all sense of fiscal responsibility when Sven was here and I think we will end up paying quite a serious price for it.

You do realise if the money wasn't loaned to the club legitimately then anything invested in could then be subject to capital gains tax don't you? 8% is very legit and low for a business loan, honest... :ph34r:

Investors dont invest just to get the capital back. They invest to make a profit and 8% is not a huge amount.

The debt at the minute is a scary proposition there's no denying that, but the owners have business savy or they wouldnt be in the position we're in. I would imagine that if or when we're promoted to the premiership, the level of advertising in and around the stadium from asian companies will go through the roof. The footballing intetest in asia grows every year and the Premiership is the heart of it. It wouldnt suprise me to see more signings of the likes of Yuki Abe for a year or two to boost revenue further.

Once this happens the debt will dwindle down. Until then, You can already see the spending slowing. Our next accounts release I imagine will be significantly lower.

They tried the quick option and it didnt work. Now they look to have put a long term plan into place and if that doesnt work then nothing will. They'll go, we'll fold and a bunch if us will form a club called Leicester Fosse, enter non - league and 10 years later, regain a place in the Championship with 100% home grown talent.

Either way, i'm happy.

Guest MattP

You do realise if the money wasn't loaned to the club legitimately then anything invested in could then be subject to capital gains tax don't you? 8% is very legit and low for a business loan, honest... :ph34r:

It's around 10% at a bank I suppose, thank god for Top trimming 2% off. What a guy.

Let's hope they can throw another 50million in.

Guest MattP

Investors dont invest just to get the capital back. They invest to make a profit and 8% is not a huge amount.

The debt at the minute is a scary proposition there's no denying that, but the owners have business savy or they wouldnt be in the position we're in. I would imagine that if or when we're promoted to the premiership, the level of advertising in and around the stadium from asian companies will go through the roof. The footballing intetest in asia grows every year and the Premiership is the heart of it. It wouldnt suprise me to see more signings of the likes of Yuki Abe for a year or two to boost revenue further.

Once this happens the debt will dwindle down. Until then, You can already see the spending slowing. Our next accounts release I imagine will be significantly lower.

They tried the quick option and it didnt work. Now they look to have put a long term plan into place and if that doesnt work then nothing will. They'll go, we'll fold and a bunch if us will form a club called Leicester Fosse, enter non - league and 10 years later, regain a place in the Championship with 100% home grown talent.

Either way, i'm happy.

Business savvy? They own a monopoly on airport duty free, how dumb would you have to be to fail with that?

Last year's accounts didnt include Mills and Beckford, you might be in for a surprise if you expect a better looking book and a debt that has "started dwindling".

At least you have thought of the way back, personally I don't see bankrupting the club, folding and returning to the Championship within ten years as easily as you do. Some people seem to think this is football manager, it's not, it's real.

It's around 10% at a bank I suppose, thank god for Top trimming 2% off. What a guy.

Let's hope they can throw another 50million in.

If they didn't invest legitimately then they would be in trouble. I work for HM Revenue and Customs and our Previous chairman Milan Mandaric has been mentioned many times on our Intranet web site lol

Business savvy? They own a monopoly on airport duty free, how dumb would you have to be to fail with that?

Last year's accounts didnt include Mills and Beckford, you might be in for a surprise if you expect a better looking book and a debt that has "started dwindling".

At least you have thought of the way back, personally I don't see bankrupting the club, folding and returning to the Championship within ten years as easily as you do. Some people seem to think this is football manager, it's not, it's real.

Its easy building a multi million empire?

Our accounts will look better, of that i'm sure but i'll gladly give you an apology if they dont.

As for Football Manager, i've never played it so wouldnt know the influence. Ten years may be ambitious but the point is the same. I love the club as do many so the AFC Wimbledon scenario will kick in. I might even get a game.

Guest MattP

Its easy building a multi million empire?

Our accounts will look better, of that i'm sure but i'll gladly give you an apology if they dont.

As for Football Manager, i've never played it so wouldnt know the influence. Ten years may be ambitious but the point is the same. I love the club as do many so the AFC Wimbledon scenario will kick in. I might even get a game.

I'd imagine if you are given complete control over retail in an airport it should be extremely easy yes, millions of people with lots of time on their hands looking to buy things, you are the only one who can sell in the area, don't think you have to be Alan Sugar to do well in that scenario.

Ten years is very ambitious, Wimbledon have been going longer than that now and are in lower parts of League 2.

I'm not prepared to gamble our history for a shot at short term success,

Yep I don't want them here, yep I want them gone.

Give me a local club for local people, run within its means with entrance prices back to something affordable. Give me a club which focusses on growing local players through the ranks instead of shite purchase after attitude-ridden shite purchase.

I don't support a "brand", I don't follow a club which could be located in any city and it not make a difference.

I don't agree with the constant debt-loading, secured loans and bullshit press releases.

Football needs a fvcking good kick up the arse.

This is why I will be watching the mighty Gresley this season coming.

Pros -

£3 to get in

Bar open throughout game (with pool table, 50p)

1.7 miles from where I live

Fair ground style burgers and hot dogs (vegetarian option, chips)

You can taste the ale

Sky Sports TV in bar

Cons -

Kids hogging the pool table and poking the calk down the middle pocket

The away fans are too far away from the Kop

The tips on the pool cues are like dustbin lids

This is why I will be watching the mighty Gresley this season coming.

Pros -

£3 to get in

Bar open throughout game (with pool table, 50p)

1.7 miles from where I live

Fair ground style burgers and hot dogs (vegetarian option, chips)

You can taste the ale

Sky Sports TV in bar

Cons -

Kids hogging the pool table and poking the calk down the middle pocket

The away fans are too far away from the Kop

The tips on the pool cues are like dustbin lids

Maybe you could suggest to them that the away fans are moved next to the Kop?

God - remember the good old days of singing Blue and white army - now we're all accountants, worrying about the wages, transfer fees, bank interest - give it over , enjoy three months of Nige being 8th and look forward to the new guy in charge come November - can't wait for the footy to start

God - remember the good old days of singing Blue and white army - now we're all accountants, worrying about the wages, transfer fees, bank interest - give it over , enjoy three months of Nige being 8th and look forward to the new guy in charge come November - can't wait for the footy to start

Yeah I hope we do awfully as well, that's what the real supporters want.

I'd imagine if you are given complete control over retail in an airport it should be extremely easy yes, millions of people with lots of time on their hands looking to buy things, you are the only one who can sell in the area, don't think you have to be Alan Sugar to do well in that scenario.

Ten years is very ambitious, Wimbledon have been going longer than that now and are in lower parts of League 2.

I'm not prepared to gamble our history for a shot at short term success,

I'm probably not being clear in the point i'm making so try this.

Forget I said 10 years. The point is, if it all goes tits up (which I dont think it will), the club will live on through the fans. The history wont be lost it will continue and we'll never have these conversations again because we will never let the club go.

Now i'm off to Bristol Airport to see if someone will just give me control of the duty free area, make millions of quid and join the K2 scheme. Apparantly its that easy!

Guest MattP

I'm probably not being clear in the point i'm making so try this.

Forget I said 10 years. The point is, if it all goes tits up (which I dont think it will), the club will live on through the fans. The history wont be lost it will continue and we'll never have these conversations again because we will never let the club go.

Now i'm off to Bristol Airport to see if someone will just give me control of the duty free area, make millions of quid and join the K2 scheme. Apparantly its that easy!

Of course the club will live on but is that really a reason to risk everything we have done over the last 130 years now? I'm amazed some people can think its just a case of "oh well start again" if it goes tits up.

The sad thing is for them in Thailand it was that easy, says a lot about the way the countries business ethics works.

The fuzz wont have it.... Gresley are super high risk.

proper ground though, bar on right hand side.

IMG_13192.jpg

I can imagine Plymouth Argyle at home would keep the match stewards on their toes

Then it all came crashing down again, I know pearson isn't everyones cup of tea, but that side had sprit, Mad mandy let Lee hoos do the talking and let Dull take pearson without much of a fight, sousa what a disaster.

Then Leicester City became a circus again, the thai's would take us back to the top flight with barrel loads of money, only it turns out they don't have barrel loads of money, that they are only loaning it with ludicrous interest rates, that they just went out on a wim and brought Sven to the club as they had heard in managed man city under another mate of theirs.

"crashing down" was being relegated to league one. Finishing in the top half of the championship with 66/67 points (only nine less than under NPs super amazing best season ever) is not crashing down, it's pretty solid, and good for a club that underwent so many changes.

Yep I don't want them here, yep I want them gone.

Give me a local club for local people, run within its means with entrance prices back to something affordable. Give me a club which focusses on growing local players through the ranks instead of shite purchase after attitude-ridden shite purchase.

I don't support a "brand", I don't follow a club which could be located in any city and it not make a difference.

I don't agree with the constant debt-loading, secured loans and bullshit press releases.

Football needs a fvcking good kick up the arse.

Non-league football it is for you then. Why are you still here?

Archived