Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Do you wish the Thais never arrived?

8% - Higher than a bank, in fact almost on the levels of Wonga, disgraceful to be honest. They want that back in a timescale not possible either.

Most clubs will be, you can see that already, to be honest I'm not concerned about FFP, I'm more concerned about the ridiculous amounts of money we owe ASI and what on earth the long term plan is to pay it off.

Who is going to give them the money back in that timescale then? If the thai's don't meet the deadlines imposed on themselves by themselves, omg the world will implode? Or maybe it's just a way of financing a football club and doesn't matter.

I wish they never turned up at times the club is the laughing stock of the championship with a lot of money spent and were know better than average the futures not exactly bright for us if we dont get promotion this season Pearson will be gone and all the shit will start over again!

Guest MattP

Who is going to give them the money back in that timescale then? If the thai's don't meet the deadlines imposed on themselves by themselves, omg the world will implode? Or maybe it's just a way of financing a football club and doesn't matter.

Who knows?

Maybe we start to cash in on our star assets lol Maybe we start to sell the training ground, I'm sure there are plenty of options.

Who knows?

Maybe we start to cash in on our star assets lol Maybe we start to sell the training ground, I'm sure there are plenty of options.

Who knows, exactly. It's a glass half full or empty situation until we know more. I wish they'd tell us more. But for me the balance swings in favour of glass half full due to the amount of unneccessary spending that they have no hope of making a return on. If they were just looking to make money we'd have had none of the lavish fan days, high profile friendlies and infrastructure improvements. I acknowledge that there is a grey area and can see why people might be concerned, but everything they do suggests that they are here with good intentions.

Seriously unsure about it.

I'm afraid last year is the one that's probably fvcked us for good. Bigger joke than relegation.

Only going out of existence could be a bigger joke than relegation to our lowest ever position and finish, Champions of League 3 - Pah!

everything they do suggests that they are here with good intentions.

Spot on for me, they do seem to genuinely love football and running this club. If they were just after a quick promotion and then a sale once we were in the PL, they wouldn't waste time arranging glamour fixtures with Madrid, or spending millions on the training ground, or organising fan days like you say. There aren't many chairmen in this league who would go down and watch training sessions, or watch the reserves like Top does. I think they're very enamoured with English football - whether you believe the spiel about Top supporting Leicester since he was a kid (?) or not, I think they're here for the right reasons - they just seem to love football and they're enjoying the glamour and cache of owning a football club and they want to make a success out of the club.

I think they got stars in their eyes last season and thought they could chuck money at it and we'd walk the league and they got their fingers burnt. They obviously know that this spending can't continue, FFP or not, and I'm glad we're now seeing investment on a far, far more sensible level this season and that we're moving to get the biggest earners off the books as well. If they get us promoted, and we stay in the PL for two or three seasons, it will get us back on a much steadier financial footing and make all the money they've ploughed into the club worthwhile. If they make a few quid out of it, I wouldn't begrudge it them at all.

"crashing down" was being relegated to league one. Finishing in the top half of the championship with 66/67 points (only nine less than under NPs super amazing best season ever) is not crashing down, it's pretty solid, and good for a club that underwent so many changes.

Try highlighting my whole post, as I suggested, at the time being relegated seemed like the end of the world, but it turned us from a losing club into a winning side again and we built momentum, we had been stagnant for years.

But the sacking of pearson set us back 4 years, at the end of the day the new owners have had to turn back to him, having lost 2 full seasons and now nigel has his hands tied by expensive signings and huge wages that the owners now want to see gone before we can rebuild.

Spot on for me, they do seem to genuinely love football and running this club. If they were just after a quick promotion and then a sale once we were in the PL, they wouldn't waste time arranging glamour fixtures with Madrid, or spending millions on the training ground, or organising fan days like you say. There aren't many chairmen in this league who would go down and watch training sessions, or watch the reserves like Top does. I think they're very enamoured with English football - whether you believe the spiel about Top supporting Leicester since he was a kid (?) or not, I think they're here for the right reasons - they just seem to love football and they're enjoying the glamour and cache of owning a football club and they want to make a success out of the club.

I think they got stars in their eyes last season and thought they could chuck money at it and we'd walk the league and they got their fingers burnt. They obviously know that this spending can't continue, FFP or not, and I'm glad we're now seeing investment on a far, far more sensible level this season and that we're moving to get the biggest earners off the books as well. If they get us promoted, and we stay in the PL for two or three seasons, it will get us back on a much steadier financial footing and make all the money they've ploughed into the club worthwhile. If they make a few quid out of it, I wouldn't begrudge it them at all.

Don't kid yourself this was anything other than to do with boosting their own egos and a chance to sell the game back to thai tv and take a cut of advertising revenue, we lost money on that game having paid over 2million to get madrid here.

for those who thing the thais have it covered take note our land and ground on the asset sheets in the last accounts are creatively valued at best, no developer would pay that value for the land and who wants a 2nd hand football stadium, if they walk away we are screwed, hence I wish they hadn't ever seen fit to trust mad mandy, he was no better but at least he ploughed his cash in to cover the losses and only took it out in the reflected selling price, but no one else, unless a mad leicester fan worth about a billion or so, will touch leicester when the thais will want a minimum of £70million back just to buy the club.

Don't kid yourself this was anything other than to do with boosting their own egos and a chance to sell the game back to thai tv and take a cut of advertising revenue, we lost money on that game having paid over 2million to get madrid here.

Well exactly, why would they waste money doing that if they were just interested in getting promotion and making a quick profit on their purchase?

Well exactly, why would they waste money doing that if they were just interested in getting promotion and making a quick profit on their purchase?

at no point did I suggest they wanted to make a quick profit, but how long before they want to get their money back?because to them we are just an expensive plaything, they will eventually get bored if we aren't playing the top clubs every week, they seem to have realised throwing money at everything doesn't mean you will succeed but by the same token, how many seasons of the championship do you think they will take before they get fed up and want another way to massage their egos?What's to say for example, china is a huge opening market, one of the next super powers, they have money to burn, why not go buy a club closer to home, that opens up new avenues, especially in the industry they have made cash from, a few hundred million chinese buying duty free would boost their personal coffers. then they can have preseason games against Man Utd , Liverpool and Madrid every year.

Bay you say yourself our land was overly creative so how do you expect then to be repaid? They would either need us to be doing well and back in the prem or find a buyer. Either way we wouldn't be left in the lurch..

at no point did I suggest they wanted to make a quick profit, but how long before they want to get their money back?because to them we are just an expensive plaything, they will eventually get bored if we aren't playing the top clubs every week, they seem to have realised throwing money at everything doesn't mean you will succeed but by the same token, how many seasons of the championship do you think they will take before they get fed up and want another way to massage their egos?What's to say for example, china is a huge opening market, one of the next super powers, they have money to burn, why not go buy a club closer to home, that opens up new avenues, especially in the industry they have made cash from, a few hundred million chinese buying duty free would boost their personal coffers. then they can have preseason games against Man Utd , Liverpool and Madrid every year.

You may think I'm a little overoptimistic in my assesment of their intentions, but I think you're being needlessly pessimistic too. They're not idiots, they know as well as we do that to see a return on their investment, they need to get into the Premier League. Consolidation in that league will open up our revenue streams significantly and will put us in a much better financial position. If we stay in the Premier League for 2-3 seasons or longer, the owners will see the return they want on their money.

I think you're right, they do want to be among the big boys, I think truthfully they'd rather own a Man U, a Liverpool or a Chelsea, but they can't afford that and it's never going to happen, but our club definitely has the potential to get up there and, hopefully, stay up there. I think from a footballing and business viewpoint, we remain an attractive proposition. I think the owners are here for the right reasons, they want the club to succeed and sometimes an ego can be a good thing - it drives you on the become a success. At the same time, they'll definitley have one eye on the cash cow that is the Premier League, if we get promoted within two or three seasons, an extended spell in the Premier League will have made that investment worth it.

Bay you say yourself our land was overly creative so how do you expect then to be repaid? They would either need us to be doing well and back in the prem or find a buyer. Either way we wouldn't be left in the lurch..

this is true, but like anyone if they get to a point where there is a more attractive proposition and they can sell of the majority of assets and recoup most the money they may well decide to cut losses and run, i'm not trying play devils advocate here I just answered a question, do I wish the thais had never arrived, my personally opinion is yes, they have loaded the club with debt, no different to the glazers and I think they have set the club back with too much chopping and changing and not being advised very well.I admire them for accepting they got it wrong and taking a different approach, but even if re-appointing pearson they have again split the fans. hopefully they will get it right, but I fear they may not and having lived the administration once, i hoped we as fans had learnt something and would be more cautious, but it seems a lot are willing to bury their heads in the sand and hope for the best.I accept they have put the money in and brought the club and as fans we have very little power, I just wish we could pressure radio leicester, the foxes trust etc into asking more questions of what the owners really want from this and do they plan to see us get to the top flight even if it takes 15-20 years.

this is true, but like anyone if they get to a point where there is a more attractive proposition and they can sell of the majority of assets and recoup most the money they may well decide to cut losses and run, i'm not trying play devils advocate here I just answered a question, do I wish the thais had never arrived, my personally opinion is yes, they have loaded the club with debt, no different to the glazers and I think they have set the club back with too much chopping and changing and not being advised very well.I admire them for accepting they got it wrong and taking a different approach, but even if re-appointing pearson they have again split the fans. hopefully they will get it right, but I fear they may not and having lived the administration once, i hoped we as fans had learnt something and would be more cautious, but it seems a lot are willing to bury their heads in the sand and hope for the best.I accept they have put the money in and brought the club and as fans we have very little power, I just wish we could pressure radio leicester, the foxes trust etc into asking more questions of what the owners really want from this and do they plan to see us get to the top flight even if it takes 15-20 years.

It doesn't matter if we support the owners, or if we support a more cautious approach. Do you think we could do anything to remove them even if we wanted to? People say the club belongs to the fans, but that's never been less true in this day and age. As fans, we'll always be here to support the club through thick and thin, but when it comes down to dictating the way the club is run, we don't have any power at all - the only power a fan has is to vote with his feet, but all that would do is further hurt the club he loves financially.

You can do what the Blackburn fans have done and protest against the owners at every game, you can bury your head in the sand, you can stop going to games, you can support the owners... regardless of anything you do, the owners will do what the owners want to do and there is very, very little we can do about it. All we can do is hope that they do the right thing by the club.

It doesn't matter if we support the owners, or if we support a more cautious approach. Do you think we could do anything to remove them even if we wanted to? People say the club belongs to the fans, but that's never been less true in this day and age. As fans, we'll always be here to support the club through thick and thin, but when it comes down to dictating the way the club is run, we don't have any power at all - the only power a fan has is to vote with his feet, but all that would do is further hurt the club he loves financially.

You can do what the Blackburn fans have done and protest against the owners at every game, you can bury your head in the sand, you can stop going to games, you can support the owners... regardless of anything you do, the owners will do what the owners want to do and there is very, very little we can do about it. All we can do is hope that they do the right thing by the club.

this I mostly agree with, hence why i have purchased my season tickets for next season the same as I have always done and no the owners have not taken the club as far down the wrong path as venkys have at blackburn and in sacking sven and taking a new approach they have shown a lot more than venkys stubborn silly approach at blackburn and the way blackburns fans handled it was just as bad, for the 90mins you should back you team whatever, but if you read my initial post you will see that all i did was give a balanced response to a question.

Mandy was just as bad in someways, it seems he learnt nothing from portsmouth and having to go back to harry with a begging bowl, he had a good manager in pearson and was wrong to let him go, I just think the thais have not been any better and yes they maybe learning but at the clubs expense and I don't want to get into an debate on the 8% but who will continue to foot the bill in the short term, the fans hence price increases on the back of 2 poor seasons and in hard financial times.

This is why I will be watching the mighty Gresley this season coming.

I went to Kettering's first time out of Kettering last season, going to AFC R&D's first senior season this one.

Non-league football it is for you then. Why are you still here?

Does that even make sense? The level of ignorance underlying that post breaks new ground even for you.

Only read the first page... Interesting points made

Our debt is huge, it could be viewed as managable whilst the Thai's are in charge, but it will act as a drag... When other clubs without debt are free to add a player to the payroll, we have to look at how much we're paying to the parent company, it is a big outlay each month/year... & with some of the wages we have on board that could even grow... and that's without any more signings.

They weren't technically in charge when NP was undermined to the point of leaving, just like they weren't technically in charge when Yuki Abe signed on £40k/week but they were in the background so I'd be incredibly surprised if they weren't a helping hand in the appointment of Champions League winner Sousa, whose appearance as a guest of the board in the playoffs was a contributory factor in NP leaving.

They've been incredibly naive in their first season, possibly appointing a manager whose name would promote the club in Thailand, but proved to be grossly unsuited to the division.

There were incredibly naive in giving that manager who famous for spending other people's money even more money to gamble on short-termism very expensive loan deal, whch saw us progress no further than where we were... or at least hardly progress in relation to how much was spent.

They were incredibly naive in backing the same manage the following close season with even more money despite his questionable previous spending.

Then of course despite all these failings there is a point they could have been incredibly naive in getting rid of that manager as soon as things took a turn for the worst rather than backing their project to a more definite conclusion.

Debt can be manageable, but look at ManUtd, one of if not the biggest club in the world announcing they can't compete thanks to the drag of their debt

Our debt is going to be a drag... Whispers from our our camp about having to sell before we can buy and then the complication of FFP means we could find it difficult to compete in comparison to better ran clubs like Derby & others.

I'm not going to be calling for them to be out or anything, but I can't see what good they've done... they've followed up a 5th place finish with 2 mid-table finishes & awful seasons (barring a 3-4 game spell last Feb, where for a brief moment the gamble paid off & we looked like Brazil) They've only done bad for our club IMO, not just the negative turnaround on the pitch... or the soul of the club drifting away in a rush for 'name' players coming for a big pay-cheque, but the debt will drag on a our future success, even if we go up, where surely we'd have to spend about another £50m+ to consolidate... further adding to debt & interest repayments, but they've endangered the very future of our club, which is amazing considering we've been in administration & come out stronger (minus ownership of a stadium)

Only read the first page... Interesting points made

Our debt is huge, it could be viewed as managable whilst the Thai's are in charge, but it will act as a drag... When other clubs without debt are free to add a player to the payroll, we have to look at how much we're paying to the parent company, it is a big outlay each month/year... & with some of the wages we have on board that could even grow... and that's without any more signings.

They weren't technically in charge when NP was undermined to the point of leaving, just like they weren't technically in charge when Yuki Abe signed on £40k/week but they were in the background so I'd be incredibly surprised if they weren't a helping hand in the appointment of Champions League winner Sousa, whose appearance as a guest of the board in the playoffs was a contributory factor in NP leaving.

They've been incredibly naive in their first season, possibly appointing a manager whose name would promote the club in Thailand, but proved to be grossly unsuited to the division.

There were incredibly naive in giving that manager who famous for spending other people's money even more money to gamble on short-termism very expensive loan deal, whch saw us progress no further than where we were... or at least hardly progress in relation to how much was spent.

They were incredibly naive in backing the same manage the following close season with even more money despite his questionable previous spending.

Then of course despite all these failings there is a point they could have been incredibly naive in getting rid of that manager as soon as things took a turn for the worst rather than backing their project to a more definite conclusion.

Debt can be manageable, but look at ManUtd, one of if not the biggest club in the world announcing they can't compete thanks to the drag of their debt

Our debt is going to be a drag... Whispers from our our camp about having to sell before we can buy and then the complication of FFP means we could find it difficult to compete in comparison to better ran clubs like Derby & others.

I'm not going to be calling for them to be out or anything, but I can't see what good they've done... they've followed up a 5th place finish with 2 mid-table finishes & awful seasons (barring a 3-4 game spell last Feb, where for a brief moment the gamble paid off & we looked like Brazil) They've only done bad for our club IMO, not just the negative turnaround on the pitch... or the soul of the club drifting away in a rush for 'name' players coming for a big pay-cheque, but the debt will drag on a our future success, even if we go up, where surely we'd have to spend about another £50m+ to consolidate... further adding to debt & interest repayments, but they've endangered the very future of our club, which is amazing considering we've been in administration & come out stronger (minus ownership of a stadium)

Not forgetting the already significant unsustainable, in the Championship Stadium Debt.

Archived