Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Do you wish the Thais never arrived?

The Thais have done everything that you would want owners to do.

Invested not only in the playing side, but also in the stadium, training facilities and the youth set up. When things weren't going so well under Sven, they reacted as we had enough time to save the season. The fact that it didnt work out gave license for many to say it was the wrong decision, but anyone can be right after the event. The fact is they were concerned as were the fans and took action.

The talk of the money invested being a loan etc foesnt really mean much in real terms. Watch Dragons Den. Do they expect nothing back for their investments? No. They expect to make money back and this is no different.

There has been so many occassions for wealthy local businessmen who support the club to come and invest and they never have. Why? Possibly because whilst they support the club, risking your life work and the future for your family on a club you support makes no business sense at all as its widely thought that the only thing you can do with a football club is lose money. But this is where the thais differ. The money in represents investment in their brand and in order for the brand to grow, the club must be a success.

So in answer to the question, I for one am extremely happy to have them as owners and hope they remain so for a very long time.

It's more about Sky TV though Dave isn't it?

We've always had a 'Premier League' just under a different name. Isn't it Sky that's made it into the business you are referring to?

No we had the single FL made up of 4 divisions now we have two completely separate entities with the PL league having it's own self seeking agenda carried out at the expense of the remaining FL.

I believe it was the greedy big clubs wanting to ring fence the Sky money rather than let it go to the FL for the benefit of all clubs. The FA had no choice but to agree as the biggies threatened to break away anyway somewhat akin to the 'Packer cricket' scenario.

No we had the single FL made up of 4 divisions now we have two completely separate entities with the PL league having it's own self seeking agenda carried out at the expense of the remaining FL.

I believe it was the greedy big clubs wanting to ring fence the Sky money rather than let it go to the FL for the benefit of all clubs. The FA had no choice but to agree as the biggies threatened to break away anyway somewhat akin to the 'Packer cricket' scenario.

I get your point and actually couldn't agree more.

god yeah I hate having money to spend on players, the second best pitch in the league, top of the range training facilities, international branding and big name sponsors. Seriously what have they done wrong? would you rather be a team like barnsley? peterborough? or coventry?

I feel sorry for the owners if i'm honest they haven't done anything wrong.

Only mistake they made was bringing Sven in otherwise they've been very good to the club.

The only mistake? They followed it up with another equally as bad. It's not my money they are throwing away but it is my club that is expected to pay it all back and it does concern me what lies ahead should we don't go up this season.

In my heart of hearts I have always felt uneasy with the 'sugar daddy' approach to running our (or any other) football club. I always wonder what the motivation is for someone who parachutes in to invest their money. Is it an altruistic desire to make that club as good as it can possibly be, or, more likely, an opportunity to play at football with as little risk to yourself and with the possibility of making big bucks if it goes well. I suspect the second of these scenarios applied (applies) to both Mandaric and now the Thais.

What would have happened post administration without Mandaric and the investments that he made? He certainly got us out of a hole which was of our own making, but I guess it may well have been from the frying pan and into the fire.

Who knows how the next few seasons will pan out, we may be basking in glory in 12 months time, or on the other hand........

Agreed, I would prefer our club to be run like swansea whos supporters own 20% and have players who want to play for the club with little or no ego and have the ability to play attractive football and gain success without the risks involved in foreign investers bank rolling clubs because it almost always ends up badly.

Agreed, I would prefer our club to be run like swansea whos supporters own 20% and have players who want to play for the club with little or no ego and have the ability to play attractive football and gain success without the risks involved in foreign investers bank rolling clubs because it almost always ends up badly.

No it doesn't.

For every Manchester city there is a Portsmouth.

We had major financial problems a decade ago- no foreign ownership of the club then.

If the Thais never arrived we'd be sat here moaning about Mandaric or someone else most probably, doing things on the cheap and not really getting anywhere.

I think they've learned from this season and will be more careful with their spending.

Personally i think it would have been nice to get promoted with our own players. The ones that got us promoted from league one and got us into the play offs. Such as Fryatt, Hobbs. Instead of trying to buy the league.

I would have loved it if we did a Norwich or a Southampton. Who got promoted with there own players from league one.

Instead of trying to do a man city.

At this point what exactly have the owners done wrong?

Yes they made a mistake in their dealing with Sven (i wont bother to haggle over whether it was appointing him in the first place or sacking him too quickly) but other than that, they have done us no apparent harm, yes theyve "lent" the club money.. but perhaps have a look at the Glazers to determine if that's a bad ploy?

They have.... supported the manager in buying players... arranged a solid sponsorship of the ground, relayed the pitch, provided some terrific family days and the Real Madrid game etc etc.

I dont see what they have done wrong.

Oh and as for preferring having young lads playing for the shirt, thats all very well and good, but if that is all we have, then you can enjoy watching them playing for the shirt in the 3rd division again. The Championship is a tough quality league and requires quality players...emotion and heart isnt enough.

Have they like the shirts they have named the ground after there company.

Again I will ask the question does anyone know what the deal is worth ? Has anyone seen it on paper ?

Sorry if this has been somewhere but I have not seen it and never seen anyone on here say what the deal is worth.

Have they like the shirts they have named the ground after there company.

Again I will ask the question does anyone know what the deal is worth ? Has anyone seen it on paper ?

Sorry if this has been somewhere but I have not seen it and never seen anyone on here say what the deal is worth.

I have not seen it on paper but since we didn't have a front shirt sponsor when they arrived and are stadium naming rights contract was near the end with Walkers I'm sure that any ammount of investment is better than no investment

Our owners have made plenty of mistakes (you would have to expect this, this is their first football club) but you have to look at it now and realise they've learnt from their mistakes.

I'm very confident for the future.

I don't really think sacking Sousa and bringing in Sven and giving him lots of investment for new players was a bad idea at the time but it didn't work

I don't think sacking Sven when we lost 0-3 at home to Millwall and the team had no confidence in him anymore and Martin O' Neill was available was a bad idea but again unfortunately it didn't happen

I don't think bringing in Pearson to replace Sven coming in was a bad idea. It hasn't worked yet but given a decent chance our luck will come around

I have not seen it on paper but since we didn't have a front shirt sponsor when they arrived and are stadium naming rights contract was near the end with Walkers I'm sure that any ammount of investment is better than no investment

My point is Jace have they paid a penny ?

Had Walkers renewed we would have an idea how much.

They have used there own name and lent us money with intrest. I have always said they bought the club and they don't have to tell us anything. But we should at least get ball park figures on some issue's the naming being one of them.

My point is Jace have they paid a penny ?

Had Walkers renewed we would have an idea how much.

They have used there own name and lent us money with intrest. I have always said they bought the club and they don't have to tell us anything. But we should at least get ball park figures on some issue's the naming being one of them.

Buying a ticket and being a fan gives no right to that information. It would be nice to know but we have no right to know.

With regards to the investment/loan. Of course there is interest. Why would there not be? Any investor would want more back than goes in. The structure of it being a loan really doesnt make a difference. Asian Football Investments which they are financially responsible for, are in turn financially responsible for LCFC. Loan or Investment, whatever you want to call it, money comes in from a source and that source will want it back with a nice profit. How do you get the profit? Success.

I'm just worried about them "Lending" the money to us.. And lcfc having to pay it back and 8% interest... Surely we are going to have to be making a profit if we're able to pay it back without borrowing more money, and atm we're NOT making a profit

Honestly? YES

The day we got relegated to L1 was one of the worst days as a Leicester fan, the listening to 120 years and never outside the top 2 divisions was a pain for the whole summer!

Then the following season something happened, our club started winning again, after a few years of not knowing what to expect when I went to watch my team and finishing in the bottom half of the championship, I started travelling in expectation not just blind hope. That day at stoke seemed a distant memory. Maybe not forgotten but at least it had started to be a positive, we had a fresh new dawn, a new manager, some promising players and some excellent loan signings.

That year I spent travelling up and down the country was the best since you know who left for that tinpot side in glasgow. I was proud, I wore a smile on my face, Leicester City had done something, Leeds, F-word, Man City, Sheff Weds etc hadn't managed, we bounced back at the 1st attempt and in style as well, goals galore, great days out and Super Steve's header against leeds that just about confirmed we were going up, southend away, we won something, yes it was L1 but wasn't it a nice feeling it had been along time since those trips to wembley. Crewe away, what an enjoyable day, nothing riding on it, no heartbreak, just relax and score a few more with no pressure.

Momentum had been built, the next season, staying up, that would do right? no we went onto a play off semi, yes pearson got it wrong in the 1st leg, but what a night in cardiff, howard bulling centre halves, cardiff on the back foot and no we didn't quite manage it, but hell the heartbreak was over ridden by a feeling of Pride in both the 2000 fans in our corner who backed our boys brilliantly for 120 mins and more and the fact the players hadn't left anything behind, they really had given it a good go.

Then it all came crashing down again, I know pearson isn't everyones cup of tea, but that side had sprit, Mad mandy let Lee hoos do the talking and let Dull take pearson without much of a fight, sousa what a disaster.

Then Leicester City became a circus again, the thai's would take us back to the top flight with barrel loads of money, only it turns out they don't have barrel loads of money, that they are only loaning it with ludicrous interest rates, that they just went out on a wim and brought Sven to the club as they had heard in managed man city under another mate of theirs.

Then Sven went on a crazy spending spree and altough I wasnn't completely taken in, It was hard not to start to build up those hopes again, hopes that way exceeded the reality, overpaid players giving nothing to the team.

So YES I do wish they had never come along, for giving fans silly expectations and for the fact I fear if they walk away we head for administration again, maybe this time liquidation, I was happy to give pearson time to have another shot at promotion, even if it was on a shoestring with average players, who at least tried occasionally.

Maybe and I hope the thais get it right eventually, but to be honest finishing in the play-offs isn't that bad, afterall it was great for a while in the 90's and lets be honest we only enjoyed the top flight because it was years since we had been there and MON had us upsetting the odds, but there isn't much enjoyment in losing at old trafford 4-0, once you've seen it once, why see it again.

The premiership is an out of control monster that will only end when the top clubs decide a european league is the way forward and I for 1 didn't enjoy losing every week.

how many people DIDNT want sven here when we signed him ??? i cant remember seeing people not wanting him.. its all well and good now saying we shouldnt have got him and it was the thais fault..

how many people DIDNT want sven here when we signed him ??? i cant remember seeing people not wanting him.. its all well and good now saying we shouldnt have got him and it was the thais fault..

I said we overpaid for an average defender when we signed mills......how many brownie points do i get?

Archived