Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Do you wish the Thais never arrived?

how many people DIDNT want sven here when we signed him ??? i cant remember seeing people not wanting him.. its all well and good now saying we shouldnt have got him and it was the thais fault..

I didn't, I would have rathered Powell and Stowell stayed on. That said I soon warmed to Sven, and I did think that the owners got rid of him a little too early. Glad they did though as they replaced him with NP.

Guest MattP

Yes.

We have a bigger debt that we have ever accumulated in the clubs history and the footballing decisions from the people in charge have been nothing short of a joke.

They appear to have finally realised everything they did in the first 18 months was wrong and we now have a more sensible approach but the weight of what we owe already requires numerous seasons in the Premiership to offset, we are in fairly worrying times over our football clubs stability and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Guest MattP

Agreed, I would prefer our club to be run like swansea whos supporters own 20% and have players who want to play for the club with little or no ego and have the ability to play attractive football and gain success without the risks involved in foreign investers bank rolling clubs because it almost always ends up badly.

Spot on. :thumbup:

I used to take the piss when other clubs got big foreign owners in, then we became one.

You've got to be startlingly naive if you're not genuinely concerned about what's going to happen when they get bored with us (after all, we're a plaything to them and nowt more) and pull their money out.

Guest MattP

We had major financial problems a decade ago- no foreign ownership of the club then.

The most worrying thing about that is that the debt we had then which landed us in big trouble is was actually far smaller than what we owe now.

Buying a ticket and being a fan gives no right to that information. It would be nice to know but we have no right to know.

With regards to the investment/loan. Of course there is interest. Why would there not be? Any investor would want more back than goes in. The structure of it being a loan really doesnt make a difference. Asian Football Investments which they are financially responsible for, are in turn financially responsible for LCFC. Loan or Investment, whatever you want to call it, money comes in from a source and that source will want it back with a nice profit. How do you get the profit? Success.

Thanks for explaining most of what I had said.

Oh and explaining commerce to me.

And still as I said ahve they paid a fvcking penny for renaming our ground and putting there company name on our shirts.

Thanks for explaining most of what I had said.

Oh and explaining commerce to me.

And still as I said ahve they paid a fvcking penny for renaming our ground and putting there company name on our shirts.

Yes they have by being financially liable for the club.

Yes they have by being financially liable for the club.

So as long as the lend us money they can rape and pillage our great club then.

A fee for naming the ground would be better than a loan.

A fee would help with FFP the loans will bury us.

The biggest mistake they made was putting 100% faith in Sven. They obviously thought a guy of his experience would know what he was doing so they gave him carte blanche. Must have been a sickener when it dawned on them that he was pretty clueless and that his investments were less than impressive.

Yep I don't want them here, yep I want them gone.

Give me a local club for local people, run within its means with entrance prices back to something affordable. Give me a club which focusses on growing local players through the ranks instead of shite purchase after attitude-ridden shite purchase.

I don't support a "brand", I don't follow a club which could be located in any city and it not make a difference.

I don't agree with the constant debt-loading, secured loans and bullshit press releases.

Football needs a fvcking good kick up the arse.

So as long as the lend us money they can rape and pillage our great club then.

A fee for naming the ground would be better than a loan.

A fee would help with FFP the loans will bury us.

They have not raped or pillaged the club. All they have done is put some money in and made clear the position of how much they eventually want out.

In regards to the stadium and the shirt sponsorship, who knows what the arrangements are but there is nothing in how the owners have conducted themselves so far to think that there's anything behind it other than raising money.

FFP I know the face value detail that everyone has but apart from that, the intricate nature of the regulations are for accountants and finance directors. There will be loopholes and various ways of wording things to ensure that clubs with 'loans' hanging over them wont go under. If not, the Premier League will have about 5 clubs and not many more in the Championship.

Yep I don't want them here, yep I want them gone.

Give me a local club for local people, run within its means with entrance prices back to something affordable. Give me a club which focusses on growing local players through the ranks instead of shite purchase after attitude-ridden shite purchase.

I don't support a "brand", I don't follow a club which could be located in any city and it not make a difference.

I don't agree with the constant debt-loading, secured loans and bullshit press releases.

Football needs a fvcking good kick up the arse.

Spot on. :thumbup:

Would happily take a drop in standard for a decade or more in order to get that. A club to be truly proud of!

They have not raped or pillaged the club. All they have done is put some money in and made clear the position of how much they eventually want out.

I'll give you 5 quid on the understanding that I want 50 back at a time of my choosing. I should point out that this is happening whether you like it or not, you have no say in the matter.

Good post.

It just shows that being bank rolled isn't the be all and end all. I genuinely believe had the players we had last year been playing together for some other team, they'd have been promoted. Its just not the way Leicester do things. Even when we win a game we tend to do it the hard way, nevermind winning a season. Its good that the fans posting about us winning the league at a stroll last time have had a reality check.

I think most fans would prefer to have a local owner (not just leicester, but every fan of their team.) Just look at two of out rivals. Forest til recentley were owned locally, and putting last seasons disaster aside they were building a decent team who made it to two playoff semis in a row. It was only personality clashes with Davies and the board that started their downfall.

Though I dont know nor care who owns Derby they go about their business quietly, spend half the amount we do yet are on a par with us. Same as Boro and Steve Gibson.

It may have been nice reading about Leicester in every newspaper everyday this time last year, but it didn't do us any good. The fans started to believe there was going to be one winner.

The Thai's haven't done anything too much wrong yet, I just hope they're learning that us buying the league will not happen overnight if at all

Have you spoken to any Derby fans recently ? I had my house painted last week the painter was DCFC season ticket holder, to sum up the conversation he said the American

owners have ruined the club. They haven't given Clough any money to spend and are losing their better players every season. Shackell being the latest. They seem more interested in investing in the commercial side around Pride Park than the club or players. Clough is having to find bargins in lower leagues like Burton and the youth set up at DCFC. The painter said the only thing the fans have got to look forward to is the derby game against Forest.

How is that comparable to what the Thais have done here? I think we are dam lucky to have them. They've had a few problems but you get that in any field when you buy a new business. I think maybe they've been a little naive at times and need to manage expectations a little better. Other than that they are doing a cracking job with the team and infrastuture at LCFC. Well done Top and the rest of the board.

I'll give you 5 quid on the understanding that I want 50 back at a time of my choosing. I should point out that this is happening whether you like it or not, you have no say in the matter.

you mean il give you £5 and you give me back £5.40 at a later date (which is the 8% they are quoted using). which dont seem as bad as your making out.

Well they are here so who cares?

Think its the point of a forum to give opinions on topics, and starting the most I would warrant a guess they care :dunno:

Feel a bit sorry for the thais, first sven almost took us to the playoffs spending loads, so gave him a big budget, the following season which flopped!

Sacked him maybe a tad early to bring in Pearson who really didn't do too much in his time, now Pearson wants his own team by all accounts (fair enough but he seems a tad extreme at times). This coupled with the financial fair play rules coming into effect!

Haven't done that much wrong, put their money where there mouth was and I for one am excited to see what happens! Pearson knows how to get out of this league!

Like it or not, it seems that the rapid increase in the phenomenon that is foreign owners/investors in the football clubs on our english shores is now here to stay - certainly for the foreseeable future. All you can truly say at this stage of proceedings is that the jury is still out re the Thais being at the helm of our beloved club. Whether or not they had ulterior motives in their takeover from day one or the best interests at the club at heart is still questionnable in the light of revelations saying they're loaning us money with interest now. Most would probably say both apply (investment and their genuine interest in their investment ferom a footballing angle) but only time will tell to see what their prime interest in our club really is. All the same it is rather curious with the amount of foreign owners seizing the opportunity of taking over our clubs with seemingly no holds barred (for now).

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned in any of the other posts on this thread as yet (through my lack of time to read through them all at the mo.) but look at the mess we were starting to get into under the previous foreign owner - namely "Mandyrich". The middle bit with Nigel Pearson was ok (2008-2010) with us escaping League One at the first attempt and then reaching the Championship play offs the following season but five managers in his initial tenure during the ill fated 2007-08 campaign and then the messy fiasco with ousting Pearson and appointing the hapless Sousa got the alarm bells ringing again. So in that sense the Thais were most welcome.

Although the temptation here in the light of that Mandyrich observation is to look at what Sheffield Wednesday are now doing - promotion and they will probably will do well in a "momentum sense" in the Championship (like we did after an instant return to it) - even though It took Wednesday a season longer to achieve this than us - then that really does add to the confusion that was our former Serb owner!!

would have loved it if we did a Norwich or a Southampton. Who got promoted with there own players from league one.

They heavily invested their squads as well. Far more than most clubs could attempt.

I think they've learned from this season and will be more careful with their spending.

It's too late though. They have loaned the club amounts totalling over £50 million over two years....on the current TV deal, that money would only just be covered with a surplus of £4 million. Our outgoings on the wage bill (let alone overheads, maintenance, stadium improvements) aren't even touched by income.

It's madness, reckless and heading for disaster unless we get into the top flight with the new TV deal....which unfortunately will further alienate many fans. We are a mess and not the only one in English football.

To go all pretentious here, our support is like thousands of Oepidus characters. The majority refuses to look at the truth, then one day we'll wake up thinking 'f**k sake' and find ourselves racked with guilt.

Btw, I don't blame anyone getting caught up the hype or their support for the club. We always support this club and thereby, it's difficult to try and stop yourselves because of the change in ownership. It's in a lot of our lifestyles, the way we go to games with family and mates, the trips away, the whole culture of football in this country is something which is hard to imagine yourselves away from just because someone wants a new toy to play with.

In regards to the stadium and the shirt sponsorship, who knows what the arrangements are but there is nothing in how the owners have conducted themselves so far to think that there's anything behind it other than raising money.

FFP I know the face value detail that everyone has but apart from that, the intricate nature of the regulations are for accountants and finance directors. There will be loopholes and various ways of wording things to ensure that clubs with 'loans' hanging over them wont go under. If not, the Premier League will have about 5 clubs and not many more in the Championship.

Great post, getting frustrated now with fans who seem to have delusions of grandeur that Leicester City was sat on a gold mine that our new owners is now rinsing dry for there own financial gain. We were making a loss of £14 million per year at 1 point with Milan we never had any money to begin with

Thats not 8% and in no way the principle of the deal we're talking about. If you want to look at it in such bleak terms then that's your perogative.

Archived