Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

De Laet

Merc

new signing Ritchie De Laet says he does not mind becoming Leicester City's Mr Versatility.

De Laet prefers to play at right-back, and is likely to start the season as City's first choice in that position after Lee Peltier completes his move to Leeds, but he can play anywhere across the back four.

• ​3965330.png
    Leicester City new signing Ritchie De Laet

City boss Nigel Pearson has said De Laet's ability to play in numerous positions could prove to be invaluable this season as City chase promotion to the Premier League and the Belgium international admits he is willing to adopt any role asked of him as he starts his City career.

"I probably prefer to play right-back because I am right-footed but I will play anywhere I am asked to play," said De Laet, who joined City from Manchester United in a £2million deal, which also saw Matty James arrive at the King Power Stadium.

"They say I am quite quick and I like to go forward a lot, but I like to improve in all areas. I hope Nigel will help me.

"Personally, I want to play as many games as I can to help the club move forward, so I don't mind where I play."

After spells on loan at Sheffield United, Preston, Portsmouth and Norwich City, De Laet said he was hoping to put down some roots at City.

He is hoping to enjoy a settled, lengthy and successful spell with the club.

"That was what I was looking for," he admitted.

"I wanted somewhere where I could build a base. Leicester have given me that opportunity and I want to reward them and the supporters with good performances.

"It was easy to decide to come here. I just want to play and there is only so much you can do in the reserves at United. United were great for me but I want to push my career forward now.

"The manager was so eager to get me. We spoke for a long time and I had a good gut feeling about the manager and the club. It was an easy decision."

Ah I see, it was someone with 12 posts...

Modelling the new home kit today..

Change of plan

He won't be leaving

Pearson given him second chance

Just believe him.... Got a good record so far.

That was yesterday

Peltier move to Leeds back on?

It's only Mercury speculation, they seem to know little more if anything than many on here.

Archived