Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Ten Years on Filbert Way : 10 Greatest Matches (New blog!)

August 2012 marks the tenth anniversary of the first competitive fixture played at Leicester City’s new home, The King Power Stadium. We’ve seen ups, downs, drunken fans attacking goalkeepers, Newcastle players knocked unconscious from a sharp free-kick, wordly strikes from Nalis to Gudjonsson and a 12-month-cameo by a super Swede. But here are the 10 picks for Leicester’s greatest match at our new home.

I thought Nils-Eric Johansson was here longer than that.

In seriousness, a cracking post and your knowledge impresses me a lot.

Nice read, it's not been all bad you see :)

Not that I'd knock any of those off that list but one that's not on there that sticks out for me was Watford 09/10, that game had everything, a 4-1 win, a sending off, crowd trouble in the away end and yet a really feel good atmosphere in the home end. It was just a really enjoyable game and at the end of it the play-offs were pretty much sealed.

Millwall under Sven (4-2) was also a fantastic game, as was 5-1 v Donny (we were bloody entertaining for a few months with Svennis).

Why did you have to do this?......You are now making me want to go to the Blackburn game tomorrow, even though I can't afford it...God I love Leicester City!

Ahh well Burton at home's not too far away.

Anyway, very good read and some cracking matches. Hopefully more Premiership games to be added to the list within the next 10 years.

Archived