Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ibbosuk

No New Player In Before The Window Closes - BBC R.Leic.

The issue with Pearson's media persona is that it is counterproductive.

People are quite right that he can be as miserable as he wishes whilst we are successful, it is during leaner times however that he will need some element of media savvy to placate supporters. I'm not advocating that he becomes like Barry Fry but some humility and a modicum of conviviality wouldn't go amiss.

The questions he was asked tonight were not particularly tricky nor controversial.

I agree with this.

You don't have to kiss the media's arse but tonight Pearson came over as Ill tempered.

That could come back to bite him on the bum in some way.

What's the phrase?

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer?

:thumbup:

The issue with Pearson's media persona is that it is counterproductive.

People are quite right that he can be as miserable as he wishes whilst we are successful, it is during leaner times however that he will need some element of media savvy to placate supporters. I'm not advocating that he becomes like Barry Fry but some humility and a modicum of conviviality wouldn't go amiss.

The questions he was asked tonight were not particularly tricky nor controversial.

Surely you have seen that it doesnt matter what a manager says. If we are losing people go through what they say with a fine tooth comb and rip it to bits no matter what.

He could be a bit less miserable, what what he actually says matters little as he won't be able to win unfortunately.

No new signings and we can kiss goodbye to promotion especially when other clubs are bringing in:-

Blackburn: Jordan Rhodes

Bolton : Jay Spearing

Cardiff : Craig Noone

Nottm Forest : Henri Lansbury

All quality players who will enhance their clubs terrifically.

Vardy & Knockaert have enhanced ours, Fuctas will do also, or am I missing something like you're only looking at 'name'... Well, we've had them, still got a few, blew £20m on them according club's financial statement and we achieved less than feck all, even ended up further behind than where we were prior to signing them, we also signed Marshall & Drinky last Jan who are now settled into the first 11 now, who'll also enhance us.

Or does being late to sign people the only thing that counts

We don't need new players, if Beckford and St Ledger leave we still have a strong side. The team is more balanced now then ever and the less egos the better....

But we will lack depth, Pearson said he wanted to work with around 25 players, if both them leave tomorrow we will be left with around 20, that is a poor number.

Why are people so concerned with the way he comes across in interviews? I couldn't give a **** if he's dour and defensive in interviews. So is Fergie, so is Mancini*. What does it matter?

* Before anyone says it, I'm comparing their media personas not their management skills.

The concern is if Pearson is like that as a manager. If he is such an arrogant, awkward so and so in a radio interview, how approachable do you think he is as a boss? I certainly wouldn't want someone with that attitude as my boss!!!

The concern is if Pearson is like that as a manager. If he is such an arrogant, awkward so and so in a radio interview, how approachable do you think he is as a boss? I certainly wouldn't want someone with that attitude as my boss!!!

By all accounts from those around the club he's nothing like his media personality. Or at least that's what they said

I've met him, for only a few minutes admittedly and he was a very open, chatty and funny bloke.

Stringer's doing his frigging job, he's not there to arse lick Pearson, he's there to ask questions that fans might want the answer to.

And Pearson's doing his job. If he came out and listed his transfer targets he'd be a ****ing moron. He has no obligation to tell Stringer or the fans anything about the transfer business he's got planned and quite rightly so. I know we'd all like the inside track on who our next signings or departures will be, but one of the things I really like about Pearson is that he keeps schtum until there's something definite. Professional, not ignorant, not arrogant.

As for Stringer, he really needs to work on his interviewing technique. It's like he's got a sheet in front of him with a set of questions on it and he just ploughs through regardless, he's not going to get a decent response out of anyone when it's blindingly clear that he's not listened to their answers.

By all accounts from those around the club he's nothing like his media personality. Or at least that's what they said

I've met him, for only a few minutes admittedly and he was a very open, chatty and funny bloke.

My wife works with a member of Jon Rudkin's family (Leicester City Coach) and states Rudkin can't stand the bloke. He was well dissaponted when he found out Pearson was getting his old job back.

No they weren't, so why come over as ill tempered ignorant twat.

Anyway I hope we win on Saturday, just might see him crack a SMILE... :jawdrop::pearson::jawdrop:

It was the same question three fecking times. Stringer is an absolutely awful interviewer. He got his answer on the the first question - Pearson isn't commenting on whether we're going to be signing of getting rid of players - yet somehow he thinks if he asks again and changes the wording slIgntly he'll get a different answer. Oh and when that doesn't work, just change the wording again and you'll definitely get a different answer. willy puller. I know school children with more nouse than him. I wish the BBC would leave him to do the commentary and get a proper journalist in to interview NP becuase quite frankly, even though I'm sure he means well, Stringer is absolutely useless.

It was the same question three fecking times. Stringer is an absolutely awful interviewer. He got his answer on the the first question - Pearson isn't commenting on whether we're going to be signing of getting rid of players - yet somehow he thinks if he asks again and changes the wording slIgntly he'll get a different answer. Oh and when that doesn't work, just change the wording again and you'll definitely get a different answer. willy puller. I know school children with more nouse than him. I wish the BBC would leave him to do the commentary and get a proper journalist in to interview NP becuase quite frankly, even though I'm sure he means well, Stringer is absolutely useless.

Listen Fvck Pearson if he does not like Stringer thats his problem, I want Stringer to get as much info out of Pearson as he can, I think he does not go far enough in my book.

This is the type of baseless post which is annoys me. He was open and frank about the performance on Tuesday and does not want to commit to saying whether or not he will be signing new players. Yes he is dour on interview sometimes but he has always kept his cards close to his chest on signings. I like Stringer but why ask the same question several times knowing the answer he would get. It would irk me too.

Listen Fvck Pearson if he does not like Stringer thats his problem, I want Stringer to get as much info out of Pearson as he can, I think he does not go far enough in my book.

But if you have answered the same question 3 times would you not get a little pissed off?

It's not about not liking him, he's answered his question! He's not giving any comment, which we know he won't do until there's something definite to talk about, which is the professional way of doing business. Stringer has then proceeded to ask the same question again twice - in the words of Albert Einstein, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

He sounds like a 5 year old reading his questions off of a sheet. Stringer has never once asked a thoughtful, probing question to Nigel Pearson, he's got no tact, no sense, no nouse, he's a complete failure as a journalist. If I was Leicester manager, I wouldn't even talk to that bellend.

Archived