Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shauno45

Vieira

Arsenal accept offer of £13.7million fee with Juventus for Patrik Vieira, 9 years at the club i guess the guy wanted a new challenge, quality player lets see if arsenal can cope without him.

He can play all across the midfield, I'm sure?

138302[/snapback]

But I still don't think he can play the holding midfield role.

He may be able to, in which case I've made a bit of a tit of myself, but I don't think he can.

138312[/snapback]

He's an AM and a Winger

I was gonna say, Hleb is a much more attacking player and is best just behind the strikers.

Anyway, good luck to Vieira. he will play well with Emerson in the middle of the Juve midfield. I think they will be strong contenders for the Champions League next season. They have a good defence with Thuram and Cannavaro, the strong midfield and a good strike force with the choice of Trezuguet, Imbrahamovic and Del Piero, although he is getting on a bit.

Arsenal are never going to progress if they sell theor best players and bring in young foregin players who may have potential but are unproven.

138341[/snapback]

This time I don't think they had much choice but to let Vieira go. He wanted to move and when a player doesn't want to play for you anymore it would be stupid to force him to stay. Plus I'm sure Arsenal are happy with £14m considering the length of his service and the fact that he was bought for a less than £1m.

,Jul 14 2005, 11:03 PM]
He can play all across the midfield, I'm sure?

138302[/snapback]

But I still don't think he can play the holding midfield role.

He may be able to, in which case I've made a bit of a tit of myself, but I don't think he can.

138312[/snapback]

He's an AM and a Winger

138314[/snapback]

That's what I thought :thumbup:

Arsenal are never going to progress if they sell theor best players and bring in young foregin players who may have potential but are unproven.

138341[/snapback]

This time I don't think they had much choice but to let Vieira go. He wanted to move and when a player doesn't want to play for you anymore it would be stupid to force him to stay. Plus I'm sure Arsenal are happy with £14m considering the length of his service and the fact that he was bought for a less than £1m.

138381[/snapback]

It says in the Telegraph today he cost £3.5million, dunno which is right.

Apparently Jenas is going to Arsenal now. Wouldnt be surprised to see both SWP and Jenas going.

138635[/snapback]

Not for less than £20 million apparently. Obviously that is to warn them off not an actual valuation. Neither Jenas or SWP are the same player as Vieira though, they need to find a top quality defensive midfielder. Fabregas could do a similar job, as at times last season when Vieira wasn't playing Arsenal hardly missed him with Fabregas playing.

Jenas has done nothing for me to suggest he could even possibly replace Vieira. Newcastle are a poor side now and I think Jenas looks decent because they are pants. Arsenal need to be looking at someone like Michael Essien (However Chelsea will be in there first).

Archived