Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cafox1970

What do you think ?

Is the squad we have right now good enough for promotion ?

Having spent millions in the last two seasons we are still lacking a decent defence and a couple of injuries could leave us in some serious trouble because we lack cover.

In midfield still no combative defensive midfielder to give our more creative players room to play.

Up front it seems we our now content to go with Nugent, Vardy and Waghorn who might score 25 goals between them this season hardly enough for promotion.

I'm puzzled by some of the tactical decisions NP makes and it seems he just keeps alienating players. SSL, Danns , Beckford

Thoughts ?

Having seen all 5 games this season. 2 on tv and 3 in the stands its still early, however theres something badly missing in my eyes. Im not calling for Pearsons head or anything like that but something really is missing.

Goalkeeper - I still think Kasper is one of the best outside the prem and Logan is adequate back up - no probs

Defence - I think its obvious we are short but i believe Whitbread will be good when hes fit enough. I fear its too early for Moore to be playing week in week out as today proved. Konchesky needs competition, apart from his goal i thought he was woeful today. De Laet im not sure on, his first 2 games were ok. poor tho today. Morgan looks alright,

Midfield - For many years now i really believe we have been missing a big presence, King is great but goes into hiding far to often. James ive not seen enough of. Drinkwater, im starting to get very frustrated with, too lightweight for me. Can spot a killer pass, but so could Wellens and his shooting is just wasteful. I believe Dyers time has come. Marshall im not sure is fully fit yet but him and knockhart have great potential!

Strikers - Similar to the midfield. No presence up there. Nugent needs a goal badly, the longer it goes on the more it becomes a issue. Vardy has huffed and puffed, but being realistic im worried its been a too big a step up. Id love to see him as a impact sub maybe for a few games and i really hope he comes good. Beckford id like to see partner Nugent for a game. in general tho again we dont have a striker whos going to score 20 goals a season.

As a team not to of scored a first half goal or register a away point yet proves Pearsons tatics maybe arent working. Hes clearly doing a good job with changing it at half time but why cant we come out of the blocks in the first half!?

It maybe a interesting week to see if anyone comes in on loan and i really hope the Thais stick with him however frustrating it is.

This pains me to be this harsh but im being realistic, its so frustrating to be a Leicester fan right now. 2 big home games coming up!

The defence is no different to last season...the rest of the team is undermined by it.. that is the major flaw that pearson has up to now failed to fully address..if he doesn't very very soon, it will cost him, not only his job but probably his whole career in management at a high level... the doors of the last chance saloon have been opened...and the bouncers are taking up their positions....

The defence is no different to last season...the rest of the team is undermined by it.. that is the major flaw that pearson has up to now failed to fully address..if he doesn't very very soon, it will cost him, not only his job but probably his whole career in management at a high level... the doors of the last chance saloon have been opened...and the bouncers are taking up their positions....

Of course the defence is different to last season...

It's the other way round... The team undermine the defence.

Well not luck I suppose. Need to sharpen up at both ends, hope we have the players to do it. Our build up play is a delight to watch

End-product lacking though, it shows the manager's naivety in this way of playing if we don't get the results and I am not talking about one win one lose etc than Mick McCarthy or Redknapp wouldn't be bad choices and we won't have to pay compo to get a man in charge who is currently employed.

End-product lacking though, it shows the manager's naivety in this way of playing if we don't get the results and I am not talking about one win one lose etc than Mick McCarthy or Redknapp wouldn't be bad choices and we won't have to pay compo to get a man in charge who is currently employed.

I'm bored

Up front it seems we our now content to go with Nugent, Vardy and Waghorn who might score 25 goals between them this season hardly enough for promotion.

He should put Beckford in, he'll get 25 on his own.

I don't need any legitimate reason for thinking that, it's my opinion and therefore fact. Why can't Nigel Pearson act upon my opinions fact.

Archived