Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Lillestrom match thread

Greetings from Lillestrøm, guys!

As you are well aware of, my club is in the middle of their season, and are doing pretty well so far. 6th place doesnt sound like much, but only 3 points from 2nd makes it look a helluva lot better ;)

With new coach Uwe Rösler (sure youve heard about him from his ManCity days), the goal for this season is coming top four at the end of it, and continuing to build on that to finally be the best team in Norway once again. (Of course we already ARE, but yeah, you know what I mean ;))

We have recently signed (amongst other young and promising prosprects for the future) Bjørn Helge Riise, Liverpool-John Arnes sliiiightly less famous brother, and are currently building a squad for the future with a more playing and break-through aggressive style. For those of you who saw the game, and tiny Lillestrøm player and offensive striker/winger Mifsud, you will know what Im talking about.

Lillestrøm is also one of the most winning teams of all time in Norway, and no one can top the clubs record of 30 years without interruption in the premier league.

So you lost to a club with tradition, people. No shame in that. We might not be the biggest club in Norway, but we sure as hell are ALWAYS to be reconned with.

Good luck with your pre-season match against Celtic, and the forthcoming season!

You will have to forgive me for any typing errors, but I AM Norwegian, gimme a break :P

139420[/snapback]

Fair play and thanks for coming on and sharing your views its always interesting to hear some sensible comments from fans from teams we've played. Thanks :D

Ps dont worry about typos, theres people on here whos first language is English and they do far worse lol;):D

Good to hear from you,did you go to the game?How bad were we?

139426[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw the game, and from what I could see your squad lacked that little extra to put pressure on Lillestrøm. Not having at least one proper shot on goal before half time isnt all that impressive.

But I understand you also started with somewhat of a reserve team compared to the one starting up in Bodø (how the hell could you choose going all the way up there when all the good teams are A LOT further down south btw!? ;))

Theres no doubt about Leicester also having a number of quality players. A bad match in a friendly doesn´t have to mean that much, but as some of you have mentioned in this thread, it IS important for self confidence. You dont have to go that many years back to find that a match between a Norwegian and an English team would end with an English win 95% of the times.

Btw - I dont know how much you base your games on physical toughness and stamina, but it would seem that Lillestrøm were better equipped on that part. As coach Gunnar Halle (also a golden oldie from English PL) said to media after the game: "They had several physical players, but our physique nevertheless turned out to be better."

Wow, this turned out to be a looong reply, but thanx to those of you who replied to my first post, and my apologies for the drunk f*** moron who gave your supporters and players shit and racist remarks. He will now probably be banned from the stadium for life.

After police and ENGLISH supporters helped get him out, manager Jan Åge Fjørtoft (yet another English PL oldie) got a microphone and said: "Hi, this is Jan Åge Fjørtoft, i would on Lillestrøm Sportsklubb behalf like to apologize for that #### idiots behaviour. But Elvis has now left the building and the show can go on"

Best wishes

After police and ENGLISH supporters helped get him out, manager Jan Åge Fjørtoft (yet another English PL oldie) got a microphone and said: "Hi, this is Jan Åge Fjørtoft, i would on Lillestrøm Sportsklubb behalf like to apologize for that #### idiots behaviour. But Elvis has now left the building and the show can go on"

Nice One - like the approach lollol

Rumour is from someone who went to Norway, 15 City fans in Bodo icluding one from Spain :thumbsup: :thumbup: , Hughes has done his ankle ligaments in. :huh::ph34r::unsure::(

Further snippets. :D:D:thumbup:;)

I would expect him (Wesolowski) to get Stephen Hughes's place. I asked him (Hughes) about his ankle and he told me he had done it 'proper' this time. He might be out for a bit.

Kisnorbo and Tiatto didn't do any training either.

Further snippets.  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)
I would expect him (Wesolowski) to get Stephen Hughes's place. I asked him (Hughes) about his ankle and he told me he had done it 'proper' this time. He might be out for a bit.

139597[/snapback]

shit. thats not good news at all! hopefully its not as bad as he thinks it is.

We need him in the side. He is an influential player and we cant afford to lose him!

I'm hoping when they have a look at it back in the UK (I know the facilities in Norway are first class, but more a question of time ?) they find out that the ankle knock is not too bad. :D:D:thumbup:;)

I'm hoping when they have a look at it back in the UK (I know the facilities in Norway are first class, but more a question of time ?) they find out that the ankle knock is not too bad.  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

139680[/snapback]

Yep! Hope so! Fingers crossed yeah!

139597[/snapback]

There was an article in the sporting blue that said the losing side in a training match in Norway had to go on a child's fairground ride and Tiatto was one of the players on the losing side. :unsure:

139597[/snapback]

There was an article in the sporting blue that said the losing side in a training match in Norway had to go on a child's fairground ride and Tiatto was one of the players on the losing side. :unsure:

139692[/snapback]

Not sure what training they did not do, but clearly not the training above. :huh::unsure:

Not Kisnorbo too? :o I hope he isn't going to be another Morris! If the Hughes story is true, it will be a massive loss, but I suppose it will give Wesolowski a chance to shine. The last thing we need is two major injuries before the season starts :(

139758[/snapback]

My 'fear' is that if Hughes is out injured for a while then it will be Gudjonsson, not Wesolowski, who will be given the nod in midfield.

Greetings from Lillestrøm, guys!

As you are well aware of, my club is in the middle of their season, and are doing pretty well so far. 6th place doesnt sound like much, but only 3 points from 2nd makes it look a helluva lot better ;)

With new coach Uwe Rösler (sure youve heard about him from his ManCity days), the goal for this season is coming top four at the end of it, and continuing to build on that to finally be the best team in Norway once again. (Of course we already ARE, but yeah, you know what I mean ;))

We have recently signed (amongst other young and promising prosprects for the future) Bjørn Helge Riise, Liverpool-John Arnes sliiiightly less famous brother, and are currently building a squad for the future with a more playing and break-through aggressive style. For those of you who saw the game, and tiny Lillestrøm player and offensive striker/winger Mifsud, you will know what Im talking about.

Lillestrøm is also one of the most winning teams of all time in Norway, and no one can top the clubs record of 30 years without interruption in the premier league.

So you lost to a club with tradition, people. No shame in that. We might not be the biggest club in Norway, but we sure as hell are ALWAYS to be reconned with.

Good luck with your pre-season match against Celtic, and the forthcoming season!

You will have to forgive me for any typing errors, but I AM Norwegian, gimme a break :P

139420[/snapback]

Fair play and thanks for coming on and sharing your views its always interesting to hear some sensible comments from fans from teams we've played. Thanks :D

Ps dont worry about typos, theres people on here whos first language is English and they do far worse lol;):D

139433[/snapback]

Don't apologise for your linguistic errors. You Norwegians are astounding me with your capabilities for such a small country be it with language, football, skiing or whatever.

Perhaps you've helped soften the blow with your comments but Leicester City were once able to grace anyone's television screens with the standard of their football. They were once magicians of the game

Now, they have a wonderful state-of-the-art ground, wonderful state-of-the-art facilities and a team that's quoted in "Hoof" threads and point to claims that Levein teams are "dirty".

From being optimistic I'm now wondering...

We need a manager and coaches with real vision at Leicester. I thank your for your thoughts but we don't really want too much of people having to ring up from a little country like Norway effectively apologising for the football produced by big-City Leicester.

It's nice of you but its bloody embarrassing as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't want it to ever happen again.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't apologise for your linguistic errors. You Norwegians are astounding me with your capabilities for such a small country be it with language, football, skiing or whatever.

Perhaps you've helped soften the blow with your comments but Leicester City were once able to grace anyone's television screens with the standard of their football. They were once magicians of the game

Now, they have a wonderful state-of-the-art ground, wonderful state-of-the-art facilities and a team that's quoted in "Hoof" threads and point to claims that Levein teams are "dirty".

From being optimistic I'm now wondering...

We need a manager and coaches with real vision at Leicester. I thank your for your thoughts but we don't really want too much of people having to ring up from a little country like Norway effectively apologising for the football produced by big-City Leicester.

It's nice of you but its bloody embarrassing as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't want it to ever happen again.

My apologies for a veeery late reply, but the "keep me posted on this topic" thingy doesnt really seem to work too well on this forum.

Thank you so much for your "big it up for Norway" :) but don´t think for one second that I´m saying nice things about Leicester "just" too cheer you up. But those are the kinds of side effects we can live with, right?

I think most clubs go through periods of time where some people have visions, some don´t and when they are pulling in different directions you don´t really seem to be going anywhere right?

Back in 1989 was the last time Lillestrøm won the league and after that "everybody" thought we would keep on winning. But NO! What happened next was that we fired coach David Haye, who had produced a gold from virtually nothing, because he wanted higher wages. (yeah what a greedy jerk, right? lol)

A few years after that we got another coach who decided to fire three of the best and most popular players because they were "too old", only to replace them with even older and crappy players. After that season we had to play qualifying matches just to stay in the premier league.

It has taken years and years for Lillestrøm to rebuild the squad, which is constantly changed due to the necessity of selling players in order to survive economically, but now we just might be on the right track.

What I´m trying to say is: Don´t give up on your team just because you lack the visionairies who have what it takes to bring you back up where you want to be. At some point the club WILL have the right mix, and that´s when you can stand proud and say you were with them all the way!

Cheers

It has taken years and years for Lillestrøm to rebuild the squad, which is constantly changed due to the necessity of selling players in order to survive economically, but now we just might be on the right track.

149365[/snapback]

Sounds familiar :);)

Archived