Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
todd odea

remember the hardest oldschool doormen in leicester

What happened to Phil crisp? Also there was a guy called jonny strong who was virtually 5 foot square...

Killed in a road accident i think

John Wright used to be another name around town, and Luke - Menis' brother

I was, like, best mates with the Krays. Lovely geezers. Lovely geezers who'd rip your fackin oesophagus out as soon as look at ya. Wonderful boys to their dear Mam, Gawd bless 'er. And you could always leave your fackin door open. Unless you was a jewellery shop in E1 in which case you'd be too busy getting your facking knees blown off to be messin with a fackin door.

I was, like, best mates with the Krays. Lovely geezers. Lovely geezers who'd rip your fackin oesophagus out as soon as look at ya. Wonderful boys to their dear Mam, Gawd bless 'er. And you could always leave your fackin door open. Unless you was a jewellery shop in E1 in which case you'd be too busy getting your facking knees blown off to be messin with a fackin door.

One of my boxing pals was managed by Mad Frankie Fraser for a few years. He had a few stories to tell.

Ever get the chance read "Bringing down the Krays" written by the guy who dobbed them in, absolutely brilliant insight into them, Ronnie was one sick ****er.

Does Chris Pyatt still do the door at Manilla?

Does anyone seriously give a fvck?

Yeah absolutely, some real characters and stories, Leicester history.

Can anyone remember the big black ex boxer who used to be on the door at Fusion ?

I think it was "Bunny" something

I don't think it was Bunny Johnson or Bunny Sterling but it may have been .

Do you mean Bonnie Mills? He also did the door at Brannigans?

Can anyone remember the big black ex boxer who used to be on the door at Fusion ?

I think it was "Bunny" something

I don't think it was Bunny Johnson or Bunny Sterling but it may have been .

Do you mean Bonnie Mills? He also did the door at Brannigans?

Last time I went there he was.

A lad who I used to work with Adam Spencer tried to fight him but Chris Pyatt went inside. Can't blame him as this lad was well into his bare knuckle fighting.

That must piss Pyatt off no end. Former world champ having to put up with that shit. Such a shame.

Last time I went there he was.

A lad who I used to work with Adam Spencer tried to fight him but Chris Pyatt went inside. Can't blame him as this lad was well into his bare knuckle fighting.

He's gets it loads I bet, everyone wants to take a pop when they know who you are like that and they realise you are smaller than you look in the ring.

Having said I bet not many took a pop at Earnie Shavers, far as I know he still does a lot of the doors up in the North West, now that man could punch.

That must piss Pyatt off no end. Former world champ having to put up with that shit. Such a shame.

Agreed, tragic stuff.

He's gets it loads I bet, everyone wants to take a pop when they know who you are like that and they realise you are smaller than you look in the ring.

Having said I bet not many took a pop at Earnie Shavers, far as I know he still does a lot of the doors up in the North West, now that man could punch.

Agreed, tragic stuff.

Really hope in 10 years time Rendall Munroe isn't appearing in threads like this.

Really hope in 10 years time Rendall Munroe isn't appearing in threads like this.

Doesn't even bare thinking about does it?

Can't ever see him being on the doors mind, too small and to be honest to much of a nice guy.

tony mckenzie does the door at long bar in town.. another ex leicester boxer..

Yes he does. Go in there quite often as my friend is the manager. Really nice bloke Tony always giving him a bit of stick about his gold teeth good job he's got a sense of humour or I'd be seeing stars most weekends.

Yes he does. Go in there quite often as my friend is the manager. Really nice bloke Tony always giving him a bit of stick about his gold teeth good job he's got a sense of humour or I'd be seeing stars most weekends.

used to be one of my regular places, i know anthony, and yogesh n rakesh the owners..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived