Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
todd odea

remember the hardest oldschool doormen in leicester

Tomlin- cant remember his first name(Freddy).Played footy on a sunday morning for baileys club(as did I).Ive seen him score from his own half with a free kick.Ran around like a nutter until the drugs started to wear off 10 mins into second half.Always had American sports cars.

Nice fella but you wouldnt mess

Used to go in the Airman's late 70's early 80's mainly. Got sort of pushed down the steps at the Palais once. Got refused entry and I asked why. I was wearing a suit as well.

I don't think they can bully as much now. They have to be licensed and follow rules. Have to know how to restrain someone though either because they're being a trouble maker or to stop the person hurting themselves or others.

Well that's the official version.

Used to go in the Airman's late 70's early 80's mainly. Got sort of pushed down the steps at the Palais once. Got refused entry and I asked why. I was wearing a suit as well.

I don't think they can bully as much now. They have to be licensed and follow rules. Have to know how to restrain someone though either because they're being a trouble maker or to stop the person hurting themselves or others.

Well that's the official version.

Reminds of a classic story in Flares about 5 years ago.

My mate got "pushed down the stairs" by a doorman he claimed and was fuming, went to find a copper on Broad Street to say he'd been assaulted and demanded he arrest the doorman there and then. Coppers came up to the club with him and after a load of mouth from both side they decided to go and "review the evidence" - came out after 10 mins and put my mate straight in the van. lol We were pissing ourselves, he'd been caught kicking a condom machine in and had nicked about 25, all in his coat. Still called "Dobbers Paul" to this day.

They arent the bullies they used to be, but still a few naughty ones among them.

Can anyone remember the big black ex boxer who used to be on the door at Fusion ?

I think it was "Bunny" something

I don't think it was Bunny Johnson or Bunny Sterling but it may have been .

This guy?

ronnie n tammy bought my brothers house up netherhall

phil crisp no longer with us.

got to know quite a few doormen over the years what with friends owning n running bars n clubs etc, best mate did the door at branigans and rosie o briens also

a lot of them now seem to be run by out of town companies.

didnt they mainly used to work for ramsey back in the day, then simon harris, recently colin campbell

ronnie n tammy bought my brothers house up netherhall

phil crisp no longer with us.

got to know quite a few doormen over the years what with friends owning n running bars n clubs etc, best mate did the door at branigans and rosie o briens also

a lot of them now seem to be run by out of town companies.

didnt they mainly used to work for ramsey back in the day, then simon harris, recently colin campbell

Archived