Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
todd odea

remember the hardest oldschool doormen in leicester

I only had confrontation with one doorman or bouncer in my day.

It was at the Palais and me and my mates had been round the pubs.

I walked up the steps and this 20 stone penguin said not tonight son.

I protested saying I was in a suit so what was the problem but to no avail.

He then pushed me down the steps. I just managed to stay on my feet.

I was not drunk but if they don't like your face then tough luck.

I'm sure as rejecting the tough looking ones they also rejected the ones

with the 'pick on me' faces because I always went out my way to avoid trouble.

You were lucky. The same happened at the Palais to a lad I knew. But he got punched and died.

Lovely people.

Slightly off topic, but do doorman have any jurisdiction off of the property of the door they're working. As most of them seem to think they can tell you to move from the footpath outside of the door, and have no hesitation to become physical you refuse to move, from the public footpath.

You were lucky. The same happened at the Palais to a lad I knew. But he got punched and died.

Lovely people.

Not sure. They now have to have a SIA badge. They have no power of arrest but can detain someone. What area they control depends on the venue or the situation. If they are not wearing the badge on display they can be reported.

But the license is not difficult to obtain. I got one albeit a static one. One for a doorman has an orange band on the side.

The actual course i took was just basic common sense in recognising hazards and differences between fire extinguishers.

I has no training in self defence which I assume doormen would need and why they are mostly built like brick shithouses.

Apart from the death, I recall one beating my mate up, because "he thinks he is hard"

Taking their jacket off and one of them having a gun.

One coming into the boozer and beating this lad up. Grabbed his head and rammed it hard against the table, thought he had killed him he kept on banging his head so hard.

Then there are the stories in the papers, and other stories you hear about.

Can't understand why people look up to them, like some clearly do.

Not sure. They now have to have a SIA badge. They have no power of arrest but can detain someone. What area they control depends on the venue or the situation. If they are not wearing the badge on display they can be reported.

But the license is not difficult to obtain. I got one albeit a static one. One for a doorman has an orange band on the side.

The actual course i took was just basic common sense in recognising hazards and differences between fire extinguishers.

I has no training in self defence which I assume doormen would need and why they are mostly built like brick shithouses.

That was all years ago - it may well have changed. Hopefully it has.

Slightly off topic, but do doorman have any jurisdiction off of the property of the door they're working. As most of them seem to think they can tell you to move from the footpath outside of the door, and have no hesitation to become physical you refuse to move, from the public footpath.

They have about as much power as you do to remove someone standing on the pavement outside your house - none. Provided it's a public footpath obviously.

I'm sure there are some lovely chaps, but I think some of them are lucky that the bouncer proffesion exists as I have no idea what they would do if it didn't.  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

that was me who wanted to belt pyatt. he told my brother lee he wasnt coming in manilla kuz he had trainers on so he went home then thought he'd already told me i wasnt coming in and called me a fat **** to which i called him a twiglet and he offered me a fight to which i would have taken. the bellend was obviously drugged up and should have had no buisness minding a door. funnily enough a couple of months later i was in there and was steaming and he helped me up the steps and into a taxi. maybe he aint such a **** afterall!

that was me who wanted to belt pyatt. he told my brother lee he wasnt coming in manilla kuz he had trainers on so he went home then thought he'd already told me i wasnt coming in and called me a fat **** to which i called him a twiglet and he offered me a fight to which i would have taken. the bellend was obviously drugged up and should have had no buisness minding a door. funnily enough a couple of months later i was in there and was steaming and he helped me up the steps and into a taxi. maybe he aint such a **** afterall!

yh

In all seriousness it was pretty volatile and imo the thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'! 

In all seriousness it was pretty volatile and imo the thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

lol lol lol lol lol Wtf!?

Archived