Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Brum 1-1 Leicester Post Match

I simply do not see why anything else needs to happen to get Knockaert into the game. He is the pivot of our attacking game, without his constant involvement our defensive players do not have anyone to hit and our attacking play lacks invention.

NFP needs to get him into the central attacking role and needs to do whatever it takes to make it happen, if that means playing just one up, then so be it.

Yesterday virtually all our best play came through him, but he was not involved anything like enough for my liking, after the break he was even less involved which is why I was thinking we were going to struggle to come back.

I know I go on about it a lot, but we need to sort out our attacking play, I think all our front 4, whoever starts are doing really well as individuals but we are not getting the best out of them as a group.

NFP has done exceptionally well to generate such a good footballing side from the dross of last season, but he needs to go all the way, drop his insistance on 4-4-2, the rigid deployment of 2 men up and men wide and truly bring us, as a team fully into the 21st century.

I know mate just think you are a little harsh sometimes, on another day we would have buried them.I really think Waggy caused an imbalance because he was neither a hold up or a channel player as he didn't achieve either and unfortunately his closing down isn't a patch on vardy either IMO. Actually Futacs brief appearance showed a viable option as he looked like he could provide more. I expect to see Marshall for Lloydy and Vardyfor waggy on Tuesday leaving Knocky in a position to play a free role :D:chant:

I know mate just think you are a little harsh sometimes, on another day we would have buried them.I really think Waggy caused an imbalance because he was neither a hold up or a channel player as he didn't achieve either and unfortunately his closing down isn't a patch on vardy either IMO. Actually Futacs brief appearance showed a viable option as he looked like he could provide more. I expect to see Marshall for Lloydy and Vardyfor waggy on Tuesday leaving Knocky in a position to play a free role :D:chant:

Like we did Charlton, Blackburn or Wolves....... :dunno:

No, this is a pattern, dominating the opposition, playing them off the park at times yet 1 point from 12 tells it's own story.

Some have been blaming our strikers, but to my mind too many of the 'chances' have been difficult because, a few recent games apart, our service into the box simply has not been good enough.

NFP is still determined to play with two men up and at least one, sometimes two wide, this results in our two most creative players being either isolated out wide, on the bench or in the case of Knockaert taking matters into his own hands and coming inside to make things happen, sometimes.

NFP has made huge advances in the way that we are playing, he just needs the courage to keep going, we have the players, use them......!

Like we did Charlton, Blackburn or Wolves....... :dunno:

No, this is a pattern, dominating the opposition, playing them off the park at times yet 1 point from 12 tells it's own story.

Some have been blaming our strikers, but to my mind too many of the 'chances' have been difficult because, a few recent games apart, our service into the box simply has not been good enough.

NFP is still determined to play with two men up and at least one, sometimes two wide, this results in our two most creative players being either isolated out wide, on the bench or in the case of Knockaert taking matters into his own hands and coming inside to make things happen, sometimes.

NFP has made huge advances in the way that we are playing, he just needs the courage to keep going, we have the players, use them......!

You're saying Waggy's miss and Dyer's (harshly) disallowed goal weren't great chances? If one of those goes in I'd have put my house on us winning.

Come on, I've seen us miss plenty of easy chances, that includes our first 3 away games. Ok I agree Wolves I thought we played poorly and should have created more in general but Nugent and Waghorn still missed golden chances, Nugent missed them again at Blackburn (and Vardy had one disallowed) and Dyer, Nugent and Vardy missed them at Charlton. And I know it's not an away game and we won but we should have had about 5 against Bristol and more than 3 against Hull. Those are the easy chances off the top of my head, not half or difficult chances.

That's the pattern, missing easy chances (and occassionally having goals disallowed). If we were burying these easy chances we'd have more wins away from home, simple as. Im not going to say 'on another day they would have gone in' because that's not necessarily the case, some players will continue to miss easy chances, and that is an issue.

I won't/can't comment on our formation or whether Knocky is being wasted out wide etc, but there is no doubt we have created a number of cast iron chances in every game, and some are being missed, criminally. Some of them have been game changing misses and the difference between winning/losing/drawing. They'd have to be when we've dominated matches so much.

You're saying Waggy's miss and Dyer's (harshly) disallowed goal weren't great chances? If one of those goes in I'd have put my house on us winning.

Come on, I've seen us miss plenty of easy chances, that includes our first 3 away games. Ok I agree Wolves I thought we played poorly and should have created more in general but Nugent and Waghorn still missed golden chances, Nugent missed them again at Blackburn (and Vardy had one disallowed) and Dyer, Nugent and Vardy missed them at Charlton. And I know it's not an away game and we won but we should have had about 5 against Bristol and more than 3 against Hull. Those are the easy chances off the top of my head, not half or difficult chances.

That's the pattern, missing easy chances (and occassionally having goals disallowed). If we were burying these easy chances we'd have more wins away from home, simple as. Im not going to say 'on another day they would have gone in' because that's not necessarily the case, some players will continue to miss easy chances, and that is an issue.

I won't/can't comment on our formation or whether Knocky is being wasted out wide etc, but there is no doubt we have created a number of cast iron chances in every game, and some are being missed, criminally. Some of them have been game changing misses and the difference between winning/losing/drawing. They'd have to be when we've dominated matches so much.

Fair enough Kitch, I admit that I am trying to give our strikers the benefit of the doubt here....... :thumbup:

That said, I still feel that, given our domination and passing skills, we still are not creating enough clear chances, and given that a truly exceptional finisher might be out of our reach, we would do better improving our supply than wishing for a new striker that might not be available.

Archived