Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Less endeavour more guile

Whilst enjoying the win tonight, I would like to see us revert to 4231 with Nugent alone upfront rather than playing two men through the middle. Nugent seems less effective when he is partnered (I know that sounds weird) as he does too much ugly stuff off the ball and is seldom where one would wish him to be. If we can get Knockaert, King and Drinkwater on the ball as much as possible we tend to play our best football.

I do feel sorry for Waghorn as he is playing out his rather prolonged slump (getting on for 3 years) in front of us. He's missed two identical chances in recent games and nothing seems to be going his way. In my opinion he'd be best served being loaned out to a lower division so he can regain some confidence and not play at such a stupidly high tempo which is only causing him to make mistake.

Both vardy and waggy have failed to impress, both could cost us in the long run

I agree neither have overly impressed but Vardy's one saving grace is that he has contributed some goals and a few assists. I made a bold prediction at the seasons start that Vardy wouldn't get more than 5 goals, having seen him in action he might just.

In very basic terms you'd expect your frontline to wieigh in with 30 goals, midfield 20 and defence 10 if you aspire for promotion. Nugent aside can you see Waghorn and Vardy combining for 15 goals?

I agree neither have overly impressed but Vardy's one saving grace is that he has contributed some goals and a few assists. I made a bold prediction at the seasons start that Vardy wouldn't get more than 5 goals, having seen him in action he might just.

In very basic terms you'd expect your frontline to wieigh in with 30 goals, midfield 20 and defence 10 if you aspire for promotion. Nugent aside can you see Waghorn and Vardy combining for 15 goals?

I wouldn't rule out Vardy getting to 15... or at least 10.

I'd say so. Vardy has 3 goals in 8 starts in the league. He's impressed me a lot more than i thought he would. I can see him getting close to 15 goals by himself in my opinion.

Vardy strikes me at times as too unselfish, whereas Waghorn just strikes me as a man seriously lacking inconfidence, to the point if he plays he will just swipe at every ball in attempt to score. For anyone at the game last night you will remember the terrible half volley/swipe that flew miles into the air!

I just think once Vardy gets settled, and I know we are into October now, but he will come good. He has a similar work rate to Waghorn but I think he has the extra bit of quality that may see him hit at least 15 goals for us.

Perhaps im being too optimistic but time will tell!

Archived