Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

Worried?

Tbh it just makes me realised how strong a spine we had with Elliot and Taggart thats season to only lose 6 games in an entire CCC season! We only lost 4 in league 1 and that felt brilliant let alone only 2 more in a stronger league!

We are on course for 75 points after 42 games(should we continue) that leaves 4 games to push for the 80 point mark. its not looking all bad but yeh we will no more after Bolton/Forest. For me these are both tough games, we could easily lose both or draw and lose - this will get tricky for Nigel(He shouldnt go which I stated openly earlier in the season when the speculation was out but I aint naive it would happen should we lose the next 2!), it will also bring the negativity out etc etc.

What will show our strength is if we either win them both or if we get a solid draw at Bolton and build on that by spanking Forest would be good enough. I worry if we lose to Bolton that there will be a hell of alot of pressure of the Forest game. Fingers crossed we can at least draw tuesday night because even after Forest - Home Vs Ipswich is looking harder than before with the typical rejuvination under a new boss!

We are still punching well above our weight IMO.

The winning run we had has meant that we are well up there and this has exceeded my expectations.

However, someone earlier said that some of the stats highlighted on this thread are rubbish. I don't agree at all. The story they tell is of a team that doesn't turn its possession into sufficient goals. We may have had more of the ball in the middle of the park but unless we have a cutting edge, it's pretty meaningless.

Nugent is our ONLY source of regular goals from a striker. Unless this is remedied, it will come back to bite us on the arse. And exactly the same as last season, Nuge makes and takes most of his goals himself. Our 'assisters' are few and far between, with Konchesky being our top player in this respect.

For me it's clear. We MUST learn to shut up shop away from home (like we did under Pearson's first tenure) and we MUST get a regular goal scorer to accompany the excellent Nugent.

We've done really well so far, especially at home. But if these two issues aren't addressed we will falter.

How we look currently (not where we are in the league but how we are playing), 7th at the end remains my prediction.

Dont get too carried away when we lose.

Like wise dont start w@nking off when we are top or win.

We need to strengthen the squad,but i'm still hoping for a top 6 finish at BEST.

Perhaps we can bid for that Brazilian tw@t with the hair!!!

We are still punching well above our weight IMO.

The winning run we had has meant that we are well up there and this has exceeded my expectations.

However, someone earlier said that some of the stats highlighted on this thread are rubbish. I don't agree at all. The story they tell is of a team that doesn't turn its possession into sufficient goals. We may have had more of the ball in the middle of the park but unless we have a cutting edge, it's pretty meaningless.

Nugent is our ONLY source of regular goals from a striker. Unless this is remedied, it will come back to bite us on the arse. And exactly the same as last season, Nuge makes and takes most of his goals himself. Our 'assisters' are few and far between, with Konchesky being our top player in this respect.

For me it's clear. We MUST learn to shut up shop away from home (like we did under Pearson's first tenure) and we MUST get a regular goal scorer to accompany the excellent Nugent.

We've done really well so far, especially at home. But if these two issues aren't addressed we will falter.

How we look currently (not where we are in the league but how we are playing), 7th at the end remains my prediction.

Part of me thinks we are but look at each squad, are we? The likes of Bolton/Blackburn/Wolves should be doing better but looking past them I don't think there's any squad that player for player is much stronger than ours, I'd say Cardiff/Middlesbrough are about on par, I'd say Palace are the definite over-achievers.

The only thing I'm worried about is the supporter backlash that will come from some if we lose at Bolton tomorrow night, which I think is likely outcome. Aside from that I couldn't be happier, even with recent set backs we are doing much better than I thought we would be, our team on paper is not as good as a lot of our fans think it is and will have been deemed to have done well if it gets top six.

Forest is a really important game.

The only thing I'm worried about is the supporter backlash that will come from some if we lose at Bolton tomorrow night, which I think is likely outcome. Aside from that I couldn't be happier, even with recent set backs we are doing much better than I thought we would be, our team on paper is not as good as a lot of our fans think it is and will have been deemed to have done well if it gets top six.

Forest is a really important game.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Sums up my feelings at present.

Archived