Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

Worried?

3 points off top after 14 games, im sure most would have taken that at the start. Form will fluctuate but we have a decent platform. We need Vardy and SSL back asap and key players Drinkwater and Knockaert to rediscover earlier good form. Not worried as yet but concerned our defeats are unlike early season defeats ie deservered. One good winningperformance either at Bolton or vTrees and the smiles will return

An on-form Drinkwater is crucial. He's the engine that makes it all tick along.

:thumbup:

DD was poor yesterday, not a surprise he was subbed.King persevered and made a couple of chances.He and James did not have the same impact as DD & king a few games ago.The widemen didn't have the impact of 3 or 4 games ago either.

Like I said earlier, I am not worried at all.

But some problems need addressing, one of which is mainly our depth, we seriously lack it, injuries and suspensions will seriously affect us if we have about 3-4 of them at the same time.

Some players are clearly not good enough either, Whitbread is one of them, people may say it's a bit early but he hasn't played well in any game he has played for us, he is nearly as bad as Mills when it comes to distribution and being a liability, our forward choice isn't good enough either, we will not get automatic promotion with Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs and Schlupp as our options, we can't rely on Nugent, while the other four are either inconsistent or not regular goalscorers.

The midfield can't drop their heads like they did last season, not controlling games and being inconsistent will seriously wreck this squad, it happened a lot last season but this season we can't let it happen on a regular basis, last two games Drinkwater's form has seriously dropped, and when he doesn't perform we often struggle, if he starts putting inconsistent performances again then we will slip down the table and be about 10th-12th by the end of the month.

I am not worried, but on evidence some areas need addressing and addressing quickly, the depth worries me and it worries me a lot.

Like I said earlier, I am not worried at all.

But some problems need addressing, one of which is mainly our depth, we seriously lack it, injuries and suspensions will seriously affect us if we have about 3-4 of them at the same time.

Some players are clearly not good enough either, Whitbread is one of them, people may say it's a bit early but he hasn't played well in any game he has played for us, he is nearly as bad as Mills when it comes to distribution and being a liability, our forward choice isn't good enough either, we will not get automatic promotion with Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs and Schlupp as our options, we can't rely on Nugent, while the other four are either inconsistent or not regular goalscorers.

The midfield can't drop their heads like they did last season, not controlling games and being inconsistent will seriously wreck this squad, it happened a lot last season but this season we can't let it happen on a regular basis, last two games Drinkwater's form has seriously dropped, and when he doesn't perform we often struggle, if he starts putting inconsistent performances again then we will slip down the table and be about 10th-12th by the end of the month.

I am not worried, but on evidence some areas need addressing and addressing quickly, the depth worries me and it worries me a lot.

I agree with most of that!!! We lack depth and key quality accross the board!!! :thumbup:

But not worried, Pearson is aware, he has the opportunity to do shit!

Well the season before last, the top 2 only lost 6 each in the whole season so we are statistically 83.3333333333333333333333333etc% of the way there 30.43478% of the way through the season - put that in your statistically more dangerous than cigarettes pipe and smoke it :P

The league isn't ordered by losses, it's ordered by points. Anyway, each season is different. We have seen a great spread of points thus far as 6 or 7 teams can realistically say they fancy winning the league. I reckon totals may be lower this season as the league is just so competitive.

A bit. It's always a little worrying when two games together sees us fail to perform. It's not the results as much as the performances, and the fact our main threats seem to be from penalties that might not be given.

But I think we've shown enough quality prior to this mini-slump to suggest we'll get out of the rut, by F****t at the very latest. I look forward to seeing it click again, which I'm sure it will...

Well first of all we are over a quarter of the way there, and its less than half, but not to worry, I can't expect you to accurately portray statistics when nobody else does.

I wonder if there are any positives we can look at?

Well if we keep up this rate of winning and losing, we will win over 26 this season, which historically is automatic promotion.

But number of wins and number of losses aren't all that counts, there are also draws and we have drawn 1 game, but that is not what counts, and it is a fool that uses them as a barometer for our progress, what counts is points, we have 25, we are a quarter of the way through the season, well just over so that will leave us with 82 points, I'll take that. Historically 3rd or 4th place finish.

I think we are going to have to set-up a stats police because wilful misuse of stats on this forum is horrendous.

That has to go down as the WHOOOSH OF ALL TIME!

I'm worried we seem to be going backwards (again). Makes the winning streak look more of a fluke rather than us finally getting our act together.

Maybe we dont have the mentality to be out in front?

I agree with this this. Yesterday was very reminiscent of away performances from last season. Maybe we're showing our true colours and we were in a false posistion. Based on yesterday anyone who thinks we can get promoted this season is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I agree with this this. Yesterday was very reminiscent of away performances from last season. Maybe we're showing our true colours and we were in a false posistion. Based on yesterday anyone who thinks we can get promoted this season is living in cloud cuckoo land.

3 points of top 2 I am must be having delusions of grandeur? :rolleyes:

I'm worried we seem to be going backwards (again). Makes the winning streak look more of a fluke rather than us finally getting our act together.

Maybe we dont have the mentality to be out in front?

Hang on, have I got this right, 5 wins in a row, 7 games unbeaten, dominating possession for the first 10 league games of the season, is a fluke because we have lost 2, yes 2, games in a row.

Those 12 games were a fluke and the last 2 games are actually a true representation of our ability?

Where the fvck do we find there people.

3 points of top 2 I am must be having delusions of grandeur? :rolleyes:

We've lost 5 already and thats about half the amount of games you can afford to lose to finished in the top 2 and we're not even halfway through the season. I dont believe we are mentally strong enough to maintain a push and even if we get in the play offs again we're not mentally strong enough to win them. Not to mention the fact that we're weak defensively and we dont have a big enough squad.

We've lost 5 already and thats about half the amount of games you can afford to lose to finished in the top 2 and we're not even halfway through the season. I dont believe we are mentally strong enough to maintain a push and even if we get in the play offs again we're not mentally strong enough to win them. Not to mention the fact that we're weak defensively and we dont have a big enough squad.

The top two have lost 4 games it is totally irrelevant how many games you loose at this stage of the season, judging by previous seasons Reading lost 11 but won 27 games drawing 8 times season before that one QPR lost 6 winning 24 games but drawing 16 times,lets look at the facts we are only 3 points off the top 2 atm, I agree with your sentiments about our squad size we could do with another two players namely a striker and a CB for cover.

Hang on, have I got this right, 5 wins in a row, 7 games unbeaten, dominating possession for the first 10 league games of the season, is a fluke because we have lost 2, yes 2, games in a row.

Those 12 games were a fluke and the last 2 games are actually a true representation of our ability?

Where the fvck do we find there people.

Unfortunately there are seemingly huge numbers of people who actually to think like that.

Utterly baffling and it's grinding me down.

Unfortunately there are seemingly huge numbers of people who actually to think like that.

Utterly baffling and it's grinding me down.

No sense of realism it's incredulous! I look on the optimistic side hence my name,however, I've followed City for too many years not to understand the ups and downs of this great game and following us in particular.The squad is in a much better place in talent,desire, togetherness and position than last year. This league is always going to throw up weird results and where we are now is in truth higher than most would have predicted after 14 games.

The last time we went up in 2nd place we only lost 5 all seasonm

Hang on, have I got this right, 5 wins in a row, 7 games unbeaten, dominating possession for the first 10 league games of the season, is a fluke because we have lost 2, yes 2, games in a row. Those 12 games were a fluke and the last 2 games are actually a true representation of our ability? Where the fvck do we find these people.

Usually on Bentley's Roof ;)

The last time we went up in 2nd place we only lost 5 all seasonm

6 Actually - 0-1 Burnley at home(our home record was 6-0-0 btw then that loss made it 6-0-1, any similiarities? lol), 1-2 home to Ipswich, 6-1 away to Ipswich, 3-2 away to Gillingham, 2-0 away to Preston and 2-1 away to Sheffield Utd.

Although Yeh i was thinking the same thing about how we have already nearly lost as many as that entire season, however its more competitive these days. Us and Portsmouth smashed the league that year, It doesnt matter how you get up its just if we do get up..and this season were 3 away from top!

Also we drew 14 games that year = 28 points dropped there..less draws and a few more losses = about the same and to be fair are we really going to need 92 points to finish top 2? 85/86 will be enough me thinks!

What utter nobheads are saying "we've already lost 5 we won't get top 2 if we lose more than 8" lol

You're seriously basing our record on how many defeats previous sides have had when going up rather than where exactly it's got us to?! Unbelievable. Conveniently ignore the 8 wins out of 14 then, are we not on course for about 30 wins then? Where does 30 wins normally get you?

Oh that's right, because some of the so called 'fans' are chirping up focusing on how many we've lost it means we can't go up, ignore how many we've won.

Archived