Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

We don't get thrashed

Up next for us is at Ashton Gate. I fear it'll be this game. A goal fest is on the cards.

I doubt it they've only won 3 there all season, not saying we've got a win rubber stamped but would be amazed if they were to beat us by more than one goal.

id rather be thrashed once than lose 8 games in the first part of the season like we have . you can learn from a good thrashing . 8 defeats means more to me than not having a thrashing .

Yeah, let's get smashed 8-0 like Villa, I'm sure they've learnt a lot and it's done wonders for morale.

thats a fair point

No it's not.

Yeah, let's get smashed 8-0 like Villa, I'm sure they've learnt a lot and it's done wonders for morale.

No it's not.

well no obviously I don't want us to get a thrashing. As I was saying to a lad at work, it's great beating teams 6-0 & 6-1 but bearing in mind we have only lost by 1 goal in any game, imagine if we'd spread those goals over a few more games and nicked draws and narrow wins

well no obviously I don't want us to get a thrashing. As I was saying to a lad at work, it's great beating teams 6-0 & 6-1 but bearing in mind we have only lost by 1 goal in any game, imagine if we'd spread those goals over a few more games and nicked draws and narrow wins

Well if we're just imagining things, then imagine if we'd never lost any games at all this season? Imagine if we'd won them all?

On the positive side, I don't think there have really been any games where we've been comprehensively beaten this season - they've all been very close. Even the best sides will lose several games over a season and there's no question that we probably should have gotten some more points from the games we did lose, but there's not a lot of point in looking back now - what's done is done and all we can do is move forward.

I would say conceding very few goals and only losing games by a very small margin is the sign of a good team - a side that has the potential to be beaten by 4, 5 or 6 goals every now and then is a lot less likely to be in the promotion mix.

Looking at that we possibly should be at least 5 points better off, Cardiff should have been a win, Charlton a draw and Blackburn a draw. All ifs and buts however.

we've certainly contrived to lose to some shite sides alright (Wolves, Leeds etc)

Just noticed that we haven't been beaten in the league this season by more than one goal. These are our 8 defeats this season:

Charlton 1-2

Blackburn 1-2

Wolves 1-2

Crystal Palace 1-2

Watford 1-2

Leeds 0-1

Millwall 0-1

Cardiff 0-1

Good sign that we aren't getting well beaten even when we play poorly. Ironically Burton in the cup is still our heavist defeat at 2-4 lol

We've not lost a league game by more than a goal since Pearson's been back.

Archived