Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

We don't get thrashed

Just noticed that we haven't been beaten in the league this season by more than one goal. These are our 8 defeats this season:

Charlton 1-2

Blackburn 1-2

Wolves 1-2

Crystal Palace 1-2

Watford 1-2

Leeds 0-1

Millwall 0-1

Cardiff 0-1

Good sign that we aren't getting well beaten even when we play poorly. Ironically Burton in the cup is still our heavist defeat at 2-4 lol

Even if we had just have equalised, 8 points! Would take us 2nd.

The sad truth is, we could've and should've won most of those games, especially Blackburn and Cardiff and got a point with the rest. No excuse tbh.

Proud to say we currently boast the meanest defence in the Championship, but most teams do usually take at least one beating over the course of a season, so don't be surprised if we do have to take one at some point.

Up next for us is at Ashton Gate. I fear it'll be this game. A goal fest is on the cards.

I always knew we would be solid at the back once Pearson got his own players in. It was always going to be about taking chances, just like when he was manager previously. I am also proud to say we have conceded the least goals, and I never thought we've only lost by the one goal. Decent.

I see your point, they're humans though like the rest of us, prone to errors.

Yeah, at least we're discussing about narrow defeats, not home defeats to Bristol and Millwall and the likes... Could've been much worse ;)

Just noticed that we haven't been beaten in the league this season by more than one goal. These are our 8 defeats this season:

Charlton 1-2

Blackburn 1-2

Wolves 1-2

Crystal Palace 1-2

Watford 1-2

Leeds 0-1

Millwall 0-1

Cardiff 0-1

Good sign that we aren't getting well beaten even when we play poorly. Ironically Burton in the cup is still our heavist defeat at 2-4 lol

Anyone want to mention this on, say a villa site :ph34r:

Can we get them to list theirs..... :xmassmile:

It is quite remarkable really. 2 goals is the most we've let in in any game (other than burton Albion) we really are improving

All this with "Shitbread" and no defensive midfielder hey? Remarkable. I think Pearson has put together a really good team - our progress and confidence compared to a year ago is amazing and I think most City fans should realise this. Really think this could be our year.

Best defence in the league, second best home defence, best away defence

Best goal difference in the league

Only Palace have scored more than us at home.

You sir are a:

Well yeah, but he's right.

Scoring more goals away from home is undoubtedly the biggest challenge facing us in 2013. It will be the difference between getting a place in the play-offs and making a decent effort at the automatics (which still seems to be the implicit goal of this season as far as I can see).

Looking at that we possibly should be at least 5 points better off, Cardiff should have been a win, Charlton a draw and Blackburn a draw. All ifs and buts however.

Charlton 1-2

Blackburn 1-2

Wolves 1-2

Crystal Palace 1-2

Watford 1-2

Leeds 0-1

Millwall 0-1

Cardiff 0-1

Have people really only just realised this? I thought it had been pretty well publicised in the last few weeks

Archived