Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Weso Update

Wesolowski Update

Craig Levein says that James Wesolowski has successfully come through the first stage in his long road to recovery from a broken leg.

The 17-year-old midfielder was rushed to hospital on Tuesday evening after a challenge involving Celtic defender Bobo Balde had left him poleaxed.

Wesolowski underwent surgery on Wednesday, having an intra-medullary nail inserted into the problem area.

And the Leicester boss confirmed that things were going as well as could be expected for the young Australian at this moment in time.

He said: "The surgeon was happy with the way that the operation has gone, but we won't know for a good few months whether it has been successful or not. He is still in hospital at the moment and will be released on Friday.

"We don't know how long he will be out of action for yet. It is a case of monitoring his recuperation at the moment and seeing how that goes."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~689014,00.html

i guess we will know in a couple of months or so if the surgery was a 100% success or not... i hope it turns out well for him and that he has a quick and successfull recovery.

141817[/snapback]

Fingers crossed.

He has shown a lot of talent in recent weeks and there was no dobut in him becoming an influential player. Just hope this hasnt damaged his career.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine is a surgeon. She says that weso is likely to have a metal pole inserted into the middle of his leg (we all have a holow inside in our bones, and they grow from the outside).

If this is the case, he should be walking in 6 weeks, jogging and upto full recovery in upto 3 months. He`ll then have the metal pole removed, but seeing as the season would still be in progress, it would come out at the end of the season, because it would put him out of action for 3 weeks or so.

So we might see him back in action come late october, if all goes well.

A friend of mine is a surgeon. She says that weso is likely to have a metal pole inserted into the middle of his leg (we all have a holow inside in our bones, and they grow from the outside).

If this is the case, he should be walking in 6 weeks, jogging and upto full recovery in upto 3 months. He`ll then have the metal pole removed, but seeing as the season would still be in progress, it would come out at the end of the season, because it would put him out of action for 3 weeks or so.

So we might see him back in action come late october, if all goes well.

148449[/snapback]

would be great but i'd give him till xmas now to get his fitness and confidence back up

As I mentioned in the Phone in thread, the club are going for a Christmas time return  :)

148467[/snapback]

Hopefully he'll reinforce his position as first choice midfielder (According to Tim Davies) alongside Hughes when he returns. :)

When some players come back from a bad injury that was caused by a challenge, they can get nervous about going in for 50 50 balls or hard challenges. But lets hope this doesn't happen to James.

This was classically shown in dream team if any of you watch it.

Ryna naysmith broke his leg and realised when he got back he was afraid to tackle, that was untill someone kicked him in the shin and it didn't hurt him. He was ok then.

So my advice mr levein, if weso is afraid of going in for 50-50's just kick him in the shin and show him it wont hurt :D :thumbsup:

This was classically shown in dream team if any of you watch it.

Ryna naysmith broke his leg and realised when he got back he was afraid to tackle, that was untill someone kicked him in the shin and it didn't hurt him. He was ok then.

So my advice mr levein, if weso is afraid of going in for 50-50's just kick him in the shin and show him it wont hurt :D :thumbsup:

148682[/snapback]

Sound advice there ;)

I'm really looking forward to the prospect of weso and hughes in the center. Lennon and Izzet?

148615[/snapback]

This combination will bring out the best in each other and I'm sure will absolutely suit DC and MDV up front. Why CL was so disappointed with this injury to Jimbo.

I've said for a long while that i've never seen a youngster as talented as Wesolowski and this was about 2 years ago. I think we've potentially got 2 exceptional footballers in Weso and Stearman and they are breaking through at the right time. Worse case scenario is that we don't get promoted for a few years but these lads do the business and we sell them for atleast a few million each or they help us get promoted and go on to be phenomenal players that keep us where we belong.

I'm really looking forward to Weso getting back to full fitness and keeping Williams and Hughes on their toes for a first team spot.

Archived