Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Pearson

Anyone know when manage of the month is decided? Surely gotta be Pearson in the championship for Jan! Not that I want the dreaded curse to strike....! We always seem to go unnoticed when were doing well, would be good for a bit of recognition!

Anyone know when manage of the month is decided? Surely gotta be Pearson in the championship for Jan! Not that I want the dreaded curse to strike....! We always seem to go unnoticed when were doing well, would be good for a bit of recognition!

Feb 15th

Am I right in thinking I heard yesterday that we were (and still are) the only team in the football league with a 100% record in 2013? If that, alongside the signing of Wood, isn't enough for him to deserve manager of the month, I don't know what is..

I think Pearson is one of those very few managers who (to quote Kipling) will

"meet with triumph and disaster,

And treat those two imposters just the same."

I've been a City fan for more years than is healthy in an adult, and I think Pearson has the potential to be one of the greatest managers in the game. If it hadn't been for that turd Mandaric, Pearson would never have left us, and I genuinely think we would now be an established Premier League side now, and we might even have won stuff. He has a fantastic eye for players, he knows how to pick backroom staff, and he knows how to win matches. Anyone want to bet that he will be the first manager in over 40 years to win a league match at the City Ground when we play there on 4 May? What a way to go up.

For all that I still question his tactics against decent teams when we take the lead, Pearson's done a super job, building a solid yet entertaining team which scores goals and has the individuals to win matches. He's done that with prudence - shedding most of the deadwood and dissent while sticking to a small squad and signings that make both footballing and financial sense.

Would he really want to swap a situation where he has a decent team in progress, and players that he knows at a club where he has reasonably good fianancial backing and seemingly sane but ambitious decision-making for the uncertainties of managing Villa or Newcastle? Time might tell but I'd doubt it.

Pearson has the chance at Leicester to blaze his own trail and to do things never previously achieved at the club. Leicester may have a good but less than outstanding pedigree but it has enormous potential - as does the City itself - and can do far better than simply survive in the Premiership if managed properly.

MON went so far but opted out in the end - frustrated by what he saw as the club's limitations. Pearson might go the extra mile and if he does so in the manner of this season (much of the time) then he's probably as good as we'd be likely to get and a reliable pair of hands to take us forward, for all that he still has much to learn.

For all that I still question his tactics against decent teams when we take the lead, Pearson's done a super job, building a solid yet entertaining team which scores goals and has the individuals to win matches. He done that with prudence - shedding most of the deadwood and dissent while sticking to a small squad and signings that make both footballing and financial sense.

Would he really want to swap a situation where he has a decent team in progress, and players that he knows at a club where he has reasonably good fianancial backing and seemingly sane but ambitious decision-making for the uncertainties of managing Villa or Newcastle? Time might tell but I'd doubt it.

Pearson has the chance at Leicester to blaze his own trail and to do things never previously achieved at the club. Leicester may have a good but less than outstanding pedigree but in my view it has enormous potential - as does the City itself - and can do far better than simply survive in the Premiership if managed properly.

MON went so far but opted out in the end - frustrated by what he saw as the club's limitations. Pearson might go the extra mile and if he does so in the manner of this season - for much of the time - then he's probably as good as we'd be likely to get and a reliable pair of hands to take us forward, for all that he still has much to learn.

I agree the'Pearson project' has real potential.

He has plenty to learn but what he has achieved post Sven is genuinely encouraging.

Archived