Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Pearson

Inspired by col city fans dream, got me thinking about possible comings and goings and then on to Pearson.

I know he's got some stick on here during his time here but he's obviously now built a proper team capable of even winning the league. Let's say things don't go as we plan and we lose in the play offs for example, do you think Pearson would stay with us if a Premiership team came in for him?

We've seen some questionable appointments at times during the PL but surely a mid to lower league PL team could do far worse than Pearson? If a Fulham, Newcastle, Wigan type team came in for him do you think he'd go?

Thoughts please!

I can't see Pearson being courted by many prem clubs, especially if we don't go up, he has yet to actuall win anything significant, and hasn't reall made a name for himself in the media, like Holloway. If someone like villa or Newcastle came in for him, it would be hard for him to turn down as despite recent form they are a massive clubs.

Pearson came back saying he had unfinished business so I can't see him leaving until he finishes that business, we have the money to match what he is offered and he can't have any complaints over his financial backing.

In summary if we lose in the play off final I think there is more chance of the owners sacking Pearson than him going to a prem club.

This.

The only way he'd leave was if our moronic contingent of fans ousted him along with the owners being naive again

Got to agree with you there. I for one hope Pearson stays for a long time. If we don't go up this season I think it is just a matter of time we do and I think he's building a team capable of staying there once we do get promoted.

I just hope the owners realise his importance as like with any team were bound to go through some blips here and there. I remember when we were losing 1-0 to Burnley earlier in the season thinking they might get rid, yet we won and are now in striking distance of the autos!

Hopefully he stays with us for a long time!

Got to agree with you there. I for one hope Pearson stays for a long time. If we don't go up this season I think it is just a matter of time we do and I think he's building a team capable of staying there once we do get promoted.

I just hope the owners realise his importance as like with any team were bound to go through some blips here and there. I remember when we were losing 1-0 to Burnley earlier in the season thinking they might get rid, yet we won and are now in striking distance of the autos!

Hopefully he stays with us for a long time!

Whilst this may seem way too premature, if we can hold onto him for a very long period of time (something which is incredibly rare these days) there is no reason why he can't become a poor mans Fergie. Single minded about the team, he knows what he's doing, the players respect him, and he as many have said has built a quality looking team who's average age decieves their ability. Whether we go up this season or not, I can't think of any other manager I'd rather have here

wouldnt be a bad idea if pearson left, dont think he has a clue what hes doing, i dont understand why gallagher doesnt get to play, hes by far our best winger. also cant understand getting rid of beck ford. just goes to prove pearsons an idiot.

Nice try. Can read that like an open book despite the appalling grammar.

Another reason why modern football is shit....... :(

Lose a few games and it's 'Pearson out', win 4 on the bounce and 'he's a poor mans Fergie' or some other twaddle, all bollox.

NFP is exactly what he has always been, a strong authoritarian with a ruthless streak and an ability to generate a huge amount of loyalty and team spirit among most but not all of his players. In a somewhat perverse way I also love his handling of the media....... :thumbup:

On the other hand he can be stubborn, over cautious and tactically inflexible, his inability to make effective changes when games are going against us is, for me, a real weakness...... :thumbdown:

And that view has not changed significantly since our playoff season.

I think Pearson is a man who sticks to his principles. Unfortunately his principles don't necessarily include staying with a club when a bigger job is offered, as we saw when he dumped Hull to rejoin a club who had previously screwed him over. He saw an opportunity at a club with more potential and a job which paid more money and he took it. That was his principles in action, and I have no doubt he'd dump us just as quickly if a better job was offered. The question then, is how much potential do we really have? More precisely, how much are the owners prepared to back us if and when we get into the prem? When the time comes I expect Pearson will ask that question and be given an answer. If he considers us to have more potential than the job offered, he'll stay, if it's the reverse, he'll go. I expect no blind loyalty from pearson whatsoever. He'll do whatever is best for his career. And good luck to him.

Pearson and Leicester just seems to be a natural fit. He seems to want to be here and what he's doing at the moment should mean that he does stay here. If we didn't have owners who had already shown a bit of a clueless streak then I'd be confident in saying he'll stay here for a long time. They way it is at the moment I can see one of two things happening:

a) We don't go up and they get rid

b) We go up and the first available opportunity they have to get rid (a poor run) they sack him and get a 'name' manager

Pearson and Leicester just seems to be a natural fit. He seems to want to be here and what he's doing at the moment should mean that he does stay here. If we didn't have owners who had already shown a bit of a clueless streak then I'd be confident in saying he'll stay here for a long time. They way it is at the moment I can see one of two things happening:

a) We don't go up and they get rid

b) We go up and the first available opportunity they have to get rid (a poor run) they sack him and get a 'name' manager

Bit harsh on the owners. They employed Pearson, remember? Also despite half of this forum salivating at the prospect of attacking the owners for sacking Pearson when we had a wobble, they didn't actually sack him, indeed didn't appear to come close to sacking him. And what was clueless? Sacking Sousa? No. Sacking Sven? No. Employing Pearson? No.

I think Pearson is a man who sticks to his principles. Unfortunately his principles don't necessarily include staying with a club when a bigger job is offered, as we saw when he dumped Hull to rejoin a club who had previously screwed him over. He saw an opportunity at a club with more potential and a job which paid more money and he took it. That was his principles in action, and I have no doubt he'd dump us just as quickly if a better job was offered. The question then, is how much potential do we really have? More precisely, how much are the owners prepared to back us if and when we get into the prem? When the time comes I expect Pearson will ask that question and be given an answer. If he considers us to have more potential than the job offered, he'll stay, if it's the reverse, he'll go. I expect no blind loyalty from pearson whatsoever. He'll do whatever is best for his career. And good luck to him.

He had started building something down here then got booted out by the management in a disgusting way. The reason he has came back is because certain people have left the club and he never wanted to leave in the first place. so you can't really come to that conclusion.

I can't see Pearson being courted by many prem clubs, especially if we don't go up, he has yet to actuall win anything significant, and hasn't reall made a name for himself in the media, like Holloway. If someone like villa or Newcastle came in for him, it would be hard for him to turn down as despite recent form they are a massive clubs.

Pearson came back saying he had unfinished business so I can't see him leaving until he finishes that business, we have the money to match what he is offered and he can't have any complaints over his financial backing.

In summary if we lose in the play off final I think there is more chance of the owners sacking Pearson than him going to a prem club.

spot on there mate, i dont think a big prem team like villa or newcastle would be interested in him either.

He had started building something down here then got booted out by the management in a disgusting way. The reason he has came back is because certain people have left the club and he never wanted to leave in the first place. so you can't really come to that conclusion.

Yeah, I appreciate that, but the fact remains that he dumped Hull for what he considered a better job. Maybe he thought it was a better job because he is in love with LCFC, or maybe it was because he would have more money to spend and would be earning himself a much higher wage. Who knows? Personally i suspect the latter. Pearson doesn't strike me as they type to have a sentimental streak. This is not a dig at Pearson btw. His single-mindedness is part of what makes him a good manager.

Bit harsh on the owners. They employed Pearson, remember? Also despite half of this forum salivating at the prospect of attacking the owners for sacking Pearson when we had a wobble, they didn't actually sack him, indeed didn't appear to come close to sacking him. And what was clueless? Sacking Sousa? No. Sacking Sven? No. Employing Pearson? No.

Firstly, we don't know what influence the new owners had on Pearson departing first time round. I suspect that there was some, simply because he wasn't 'a name' (and we all know that's what they wanted originally). Secondly, whilst sacking Sven in hindsight might seem like a good decision, at the time it was very harsh. And finally, I find it very hard to believe that they didn't come close to getting rid earlier this season (despite promising performances if not results) and have heard stuff that would agree with this. I was told that the original delay in Beckford going to Huddersfield was because Huddersfield were interested but Leicester had held off letting him go because they were thinking about a change in manager. Apparently Pearson and Beckford had a complete breakdown in their relationship and it was either/or in terms of who stayed.

I'm a massive Pearson fan, always have been, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he's not here in a year's time regardless of whether we go up or not.

I reckon he'll lose his job if we don't go up. Which would be ridiculous given the project he's impressively building (...ridiculous unless we completely implode between now and May obviously, in which case it may be the right call). I don't think he's Prem level just yet anyway. Would suit all parties for him to stay here long term.

Archived