Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Pearson

Doubt a Premier League club would come in for him, Can't see him doing a Freedman to another Championship club.

However I think what he has built here and how we are getting on would play second fiddle to firstly the amount of money on offer and secondly the position of the potentital Premier Club in question. Unless they were looking doomed I'd be pretty confident he, and pretty much anyone else in modern management, would take it. It's career progression without having to slog the rest of the season in the Championship.

Doubt a Premier League club would come in for him, Can't see him doing a Freedman to another Championship club.

However I think what he has built here and how we are getting on would play second fiddle to firstly the amount of money on offer and secondly the position of the potentital Premier Club in question. Unless they were looking doomed I'd be pretty confident he, and pretty much anyone else in modern management, would take it. It's career progression without having to slog the rest of the season in the Championship.

I have a sneaky suspicion that you're wrong there, and that Pearson would like to finish the project that he's been given a second go at.

If I was a PL chairman I think I'd be put off Pearson by the fact that he doesn't suit up for matches. Which I really hope he does do if we go up under him, or at least if we play at Wembley under him...

Oh yeah, great reason not to hire a manager. Suppose you'd be put off by Martin O'Neill because he was a bit of a scruff?

Oh yeah, great reason not to hire a manager. Suppose you'd be put off by Martin O'Neill because he was a bit of a scruff?

Well Martin did suit up for Wembley didn't he?...

Can't say I don't prefer managers wearing suits to tracksuits, might seem petty but it's not a dealbreaker.

Very rarely do Premiership clubs recruit new managers without premiership experience!

This season has seen 9 new PL manager appointed, 7 at the start of the season and 2 mid-season. Only 2 of the 9 had no PL management experience, Steve Clarke (West Brom) and Brain Laudrup (Swansea).

I think we are save until Nigel get us promoted and has done a half decent job keeping us in the PL.

Funny how people want he sacked one minute and then are worrying about he being poached the next, us City fans are a fickle bunch.

I guess I actually see City as a big club. Not a 'sleeping giant' like Leeds, say or Sheff Weds (who's grounds can hold c. 40 k fans) but much bigger than clubs like Wigan and dare I say, Swansea for instance.

We have a wonderful fan base and were often sold out the last time we were in the Prem. Therefore, for Pearson to go to a Wigan, a Fulham or a Swansea may well be seen as a backward step.

If we get promotion, there will be money to spend onto an existing good, young squad.

The only reason I could see Nige leaving would be to go to a club which is clearly bigger than we are. I tend to equate this with size of stadia, attendances and fan bases.

I could see him leave for a Newcastle, an Everton or a West Ham, for example.

However, he's settled in, he's building and I'm confident of keeping him.

People seem to forget the Newcastle manager has just sines a 9 year contract

Not serious enough to say I genuinely wouldn't appoint NP on the basis of not wearing suits, serious enough to maintain that I prefer it when managers wear suits.

Fair enough. Just curious, you are obviously happy with NP but do you prefer Sven's style with the media - or any of the supposed Manager "personalities" like Holloway, as opposed to Pearson's perceived dull style.

If I was a PL chairman I think I'd be put off Pearson by the fact that he doesn't suit up for matches. Which I really hope he does do if we go up under him, or at least if we play at Wembley under him...

He should wear a baseball cap with his tracksuit.

Fair enough. Just curious, you are obviously happy with NP but do you prefer Sven's style with the media - or any of the supposed Manager "personalities" like Holloway, as opposed to Pearson's perceived dull style.

Pearson - I don't think he's as dull as many make out. Personally feel Holloway is a moron, I liked Sven but it did lead to us being held to ransom for players. Pearson's tactful and secretive approach is better suited to the transfer market today. As for post-match interviews, it is nice that Pearson doesn't whinge in the way many do, but doesn't shy away from the issue when we've been robbed (which is way too frequently :ph34r: ) and I feel that he just calls it as he saw it, with heavy emphasis on the team's performance. Yet he is also ready to big up his own (ie Morgan - Best in the division).

I feel he might be a bit different when the day comes that he's talking to somebody other than Stringer lol

We all know Pearson he likes a challenge, so i think he would fancy a premier league job if he was offered it of course. I don't think he'd leave for us, for another championship club though. Newcastle is the one I'm concerned about, he's been there before on a caretaker role and i can imagine Mike Ashley still as his phone number.

I think he's started a project at Leicester, and he wants to see it through.

Absolutley spot on. He is a man of integrity and does not suffer fools easily. I never realised what we had as a manager just like O' Neil when he first came here. This is the best team I have seen since O' Neil. that same togetherness , no big names just players who want to make their mark and boy can he ( and his backroom staff ) pick them.

For him to come back here in the first place says it all. And perhaps he is very happy here , given the freedom to get rid of the delusions of grandeur players and bring in his own and seeing them blossom into the team we have now means every thing to him.

The thing is I just know in my bones that if we get into the prem he will do more than just keep us there. I hope he is never tempted with the grass is greener thoughts. Because as O' Neil found out it is not always so.

Archived